y dun i feel like buying?? the BBB virus cured??

Status
Not open for further replies.

likimikuku

Nov 9, 2007
few month ago.. i been think and trying(saving) for more think for my current setup
but now... i just wan to get a flash(sb-600) and complete my setup..
personally i dun think buying WA(sigma 10-20), b4 this i wanted as i love taking landscape..
and i also tot of getting a 70-300vr and sell off my kit lens to get a tammy..

but dun know y i dun feel like buying it anymore.. i feel that my current setup will be sufficient..i dun hav much (just filter set, 50mm, tripod, kit 18-135, Grip)

even when other talk about how great is xxx lens and with best quality and super fast in AF or whatever... i don feel poison..

dun get wrong.. i still enjoy shooting vy vy vy much..

do any1 out there feel the same way i felt??

or am i giving up on photography??

Help!!!

but dun know y i dun feel like buying it anymore.. i feel that my current setup will be sufficient..i dun hav much (just filter set, 50mm, tripod, kit 18-135, Grip)

even when other talk about how great is xxx lens and with best quality and super fast in AF or whatever... i don feel poison..

Spray chicken blood around you in 4 directions 5 times and keep saying "BBBBBBBBBB........."

Hold a small bell and keep it ringing and another hand hold 3 joss sticks.

While you do this you must wear your dslr on your neck and put your camera bag between your legs.

After you do this wipe the chicken blood on your forehead and go to sleep with 3 feathers underneath your pillow.

You should be cured.

Spray chicken blood around you in 4 directions 5 times and keep saying "BBBBBBBBBB........."

While you do this you must wear your dslr on your neck and put your camera bag between your legs.

After you do this wipe the chicken blood on your forehead and go to sleep with 3 feathers underneath your pillow.

You should be cured.

er huh
he'll wake up at 530am and start calling cockadoodadoo lol

usually people buy things when they are bored. i am no different. i start looking at lenses and thinking about the 1 in a million times that i might actually need the lens. or carbon fibre tripod. or new bag. or new 16gb super fast speed sandisk sdhc card. or close-up lenses. or flashguns.

the rule that i give myself is this - i continue thinking about it, and when i have the time i try to make a list of what i would be able to achieve if i actually bought it. 2 months later if i'm still thinking about it i buy it if the finances are alright.

maybe you have done that too? :)

You should be cured.

i worry later somethingelse come up to me then the BBB virus...:sweat:

usually people buy things when they are bored. i am no different. i start looking at lenses and thinking about the 1 in a million times that i might actually need the lens. or carbon fibre tripod. or new bag. or new 16gb super fast speed sandisk sdhc card. or close-up lenses. or flashguns.

the rule that i give myself is this - i continue thinking about it, and when i have the time i try to make a list of what i would be able to achieve if i actually bought it. 2 months later if i'm still thinking about it i buy it if the finances are alright.

maybe you have done that too? :)

kind of ... cuz i always make a list on what i wan and try to list down the pro and con then the % that i will b using it...read read read... some said this some said that.. then get confuse and ask ask ask.. then read read read... some how found out that i dun really need it... then start looking at other lens or whatsoever...

so i guess i am ok right.. i am not sick.. right??
just being too "careful"..

i worry later somethingelse come up to me then the BBB virus...:sweat:

kind of ... cuz i always make a list on what i wan and try to list down the pro and con then the % that i will b using it...read read read... some said this some said that.. then get confuse and ask ask ask.. then read read read... some how found out that i dun really need it... then start looking at other lens or whatsoever...

yes u are not sick..maybe the more homework u do, the more possibilities you have, the more confused you are, the more unsure u become, the more uncertainty u encounter, the more thoughts running through ur mind, the more contradictions u get and eventually u nv buy lor :)

Seems governments around the world are telling us to BBB as if we SSS the retail market will collapse and the economy will go down the gurgler...
Of course with all this BBB going on we all end up with the 'D' word, can't pay it back and go down anyway. (And if no one is saving where does the cash to borrow come from ?)

Modern economics appears to be completely and utterly warped.

hahaha :bsmilie:

If i wasn't sitting at home rotting and actually going out and using my equipment...I wouldn't be a BBB mode :embrass:

SITEX around the corner.. another round of BBB! beware! :bsmilie:

One way to cure the BBB virus to buy camera gears is to kanna a BBB virus to buy other non-photography related stuffs. Eg. If you become very interested in computer hardwares or audio stuffs, u will want to get those instead. Then your spending on photography gears will decrease dramatically coz u are buying other stuffs instead.

Hmm..but then its not a cure coz u are still spending money to BBB but just that its on other stuffs. Anyway this is what happened to me, maybe I am fickle-minded..;p

Last edited:
One way to cure the BBB virus to buy camera gears is to kanna a BBB virus to buy other non-photography related stuffs. Eg. If you become very interested in computer hardwares or audio stuffs, u will want to get those instead. Then your spending on photography gears will decrease dramatically coz u are buying other stuffs instead.

Hmm..but then its not a cure coz u are still spending money to BBB but just that its on other stuffs. Anyway this is what happened to me, maybe I am fickle-minded..;p

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Cure yourself with another disease? Genius! ;p

Ya, you are not sick.

I didn't buy for 6 months.

But i dump 1 lump sum after the 6 months. :bsmilie:

I guess, you are just saving up sub-consciously to get the "best" that your mind is indicating to you. :)

Ya, you are not sick.

I guess, you are just saving up sub-consciously to get the "best" that your mind is indicating to you. :)

power sia! ;p

power sia! ;p

Must reward and pamper myself ma. :bsmilie:

And it seems to be getting out of a little control with those 100 plus, 200 plus purchase after the lump sum purchase...

But after i BBB, i will sit down, think, then Sell Sell Sell, then focus on my Shoot Shoot Shoot & Save Save Save. :bsmilie:

You are just getting wiser...:thumbsup:

Must reward and pamper myself ma. :bsmilie:

And it seems to be getting out of a little control with those 100 plus, 200 plus purchase after the lump sum purchase...

But after i BBB, i will sit down, think, then Sell Sell Sell, then focus on my Shoot Shoot Shoot & Save Save Save. :bsmilie:

its a viscious cycle, bbb will always come back..

marketers are very effective today

its a viscious cycle, bbb will always come back..

marketers are very effective today

Hehe, BBB will definitely come back.

But maybe more like we pay 15k upfront and for the good ones at first, then following times, we pay like 500-1000 bucks per cycle after which (excluding bodies as it's value depreciate the most).

I guess it is somehow better than BBB then SSS then BBB then SSS then BBB then SSS...

Curb the itch once and for all! Hahaha.:bsmilie:

Ya, you are not sick.

erm...erm...erm....
i not sure about this... but it might happen.. but the "best" in my mind(D3 + 24-70) is also the worst in my gf mind... she will kill me...for spending all my saving...and i might hav to sleep on the floor for a long long time

and i will blame myself for a long long time....

Status
Not open for further replies.