xxxger : what should i do? i ganna ...... ANGRY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxger

Deregistered
Feb 10, 2005
Wild wild west
This happen to me today ..... what should i do? :angry:

I sent 10 rolls of fujifilm iso200 to this fuji lab at Jurong east street 24 block 253 to develop and print ....

As usual ... i told them i want 4R matt with border ... then they say the can be ready by the next day ... i say nevermind, take their time.

Today .... i wented there to collect my 10 rolls of wedding photo, .... i open and examine the photo as usual.

OMG! the photo was not printed in Fujicolor Crystal Archive paper Supreme ... other brand paper was used!!! unlike the fuji paper, that paper cannot see the shinny gain on the surface, and the color look so odd, and worst, the border was in a bit look in yellow color! especially the border, no horse run lor ...

I ask the boss, why the print out look so ugly? look like my father wedding photo, abits yellow, and why not in fuji paper? Anyone can use guess how his answer? He say, " Fuji run out of fuji paper, therefore we have to use this brand paper"

I : "If you no have the fuji paper, then call me first, or dun print for me! what for i come Fuji lab print photo, you give me konica or kodah paper ?"
Boss : "Every photographer can accept the paper, why i so fussy?"
I : "Not everyone can accept, they can accept, doesn't mean i can accept too!"
Boss : " if you not happy, can dun come here print, i also dun mind less you one customer" then he go take out alot of bag under table, at least 10 big bags, thry to prove that, his business is very good lor ....

I was so angry, pay and leave, without say a word! :angry:

Pardon me for the broken engish.:embrass:

Can lady and gentlemen here, teach me what should i do?
Ask for a full 100% refund? Log a complaint to Fuji singapore (but i am no good in writing complaint letter lor) Log a complaint to The Straits Times and all the different newpapers in singapore?

Wa.... I don't know that such things can happen.... go Fuji print can give other brands of paper.... :bigeyes:

Venom81 said:
Wa.... I don't know that such things can happen.... go Fuji print can give other brands of paper.... :bigeyes:

yes,bishan near interchange there also have fuji lab promotion.
i think 25ct,on closer look,it say only on konica paper.:confused:

TMC said:
Keep receipt. Write letter to fuji SG.

I was so angry and pay and go, no take receipt .... :bheart:
Tomorrow will go ask for the receipt!!!

zaxh81 said:

Actually konica paper also not that bad, but now the type of paper they give me is abit yellowish lor ... look like already keep in my drawer for at least 10 years lor ... :angry:

Sound stupid if i go to fuji lab and print photo, and ask they have fuji paper anot and insist of fuji paper! Like i go fish stall and ask them have sell fish anot lor ... :bheart:

I recently also got photos with scratches. Develop at another JE outlet. Using KM paper. Although cheap (25 cents), they like to take $ from you first n if got extra, then settle again :(

Next time got a scanner, just develop the negative will do. Then scan those which I want n then send to kodak online for printing. Might need extra steps n might be expensive but I don't print those which take for fun/testing.

Abt 2 mths time, will be having the scanner n less headache, haha! :bsmilie:

BBTM said:
Next time got a scanner, just develop the negative will do. Then scan those which I want n then send to kodak online for printing. Might need extra steps n might be expensive but I don't print those which take for fun/testing.

Abt 2 mths time, will be having the scanner n less headache, haha! :bsmilie:

You can also choose to just develope and scan only. Few dollars more and much less hassle. :)

Bean said:
You can also choose to just develope and scan only. Few dollars more and much less hassle. :)

They might not ICE for you. ;)

You should not pay. You have the right to reject prints from labs...thought this is known to most shooters.

Max 2.8 said:
You should not pay. You have the right to reject prints from labs...thought this is known to most shooters.

They already cut the negative into strips of 6 liao ... if i rejectes and reprint at others labs ..... if very troublesome to that printer wor ... :embrass:
Now i looking at the photo ... angry:angry: untill i cannot sleep lor ...

zaxh81 said:

Wa... which shop is that? I better stay away from it. :bigeyes:

xxxger said:
They already cut the negative into strips of 6 liao ... if i rejectes and reprint at others labs ..... if very troublesome to that printer wor ... :embrass:

If I were you, I also cant sleep because of it. :bigeyes: But what to do??? Reprint or stick with the prints???

xxxger said:

You can just pay processing fee for the negative...dun take the prints....Now you pay and take the prints already...deal done liao...nothing you can do....other than complain to fuji sg about this shop's bad service since this shop carries their product...

Venom81 said:
If I were you, I also cant sleep because of it. :bigeyes: But what to do??? Reprint or stick with the prints???

I have to stick with the old one they printed for me, and give to my customer lor , if not, will be unfair to the another one who print for me, and charge at the reprint rate too ...

But i have a feeling, i am deceiving my customers feeling lor ... :bheart:

But what i also cannot sleep is, will their sister/friends nextime will still look for me ?
Cos the photo look yellow = my usual standard/skill drop :bheart:

Sorry to hear about that. :bheart:

Since, you already paid the full amount, it is at your disadvantage now.
Go back to the shop again and ask nicely if they could do a reprint for you when they have the fuji paper. If they say they can't do it, just ask them nicely for the receipt. If they don't give you the receipt, remain cool, smile back :) and walk off.

Whether, you want to make a complaint or not is up to you.
But if the customer service of this shop is still so bad, even you talk nicely. Then I don't see the point to go back to this shop again, even if the print comes out wonderful.
Treat it as a good lesson learnt, and no point angry about it.
Stay happy and keep your energy for shooting ;)

xxxger said:
I have to stick with the old one they printed for me, and give to my customer lor , if not, will be unfair to the another one who print for me, and charge at the reprint rate too ...

But what i also cannot sleep is, will their sister/friends nextime will still look for me ?

If your customer does complain, just tell them the truth. It is not totally your fault. Usually, they won't blame you. :bsmilie:

xxxger said:

Just tell them what happen, I'm sure they will understand. It's not yr fault.

So what if the negs are cut into 6s, still can print at other shops what - most shops (at least those which I've used) don't charge more if they are in 6s. maybe if they are in 1s then got problem.

You should not have paid for the prints.

xxxger said:

Status
Not open for further replies.