xxxger : Are you a model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
melissafaith said:
Hmmm... OK i was one of the models. Maybe i'm the one u were talking abt but i dun care. Frankly, dun talk if u can't match to our standards. In short, STFU.

so you 1 of the model.i see,so you must be very standard?
sorry hor,i newbie,don't know what's the standard.

Sorry, i dunno what's u meant by "very" standard which doesnn't makes sense.

And that "newbie excuse" is way passe. Find another one. Move on or STFU as well if u can't argue.

i not arguing with you,just ask a question,if you can't answer then so be it.

No need with STFU lor unless you need someone you like someone use the F word on you.

The thread was reopen ... cos i believe the flame was cool down liao ... :lovegrin:

Actually the main aim of this thread is " cheapskap company " lor ...
But is good to discuss how standard of a model should be, and how come a no standard 'professional model' can also earn big money?
I start to think, the 'professional' is she call herself or others people call her one wor ... , therefore i always a newbies ...

I have encounter one case before, ... this big company having their Dinner & Dance, and have about 50 over table at some famous place. They look for me to take their photo, but their bunget is $200 ???? :angry: ... at the end, i stay at home watch DVD ... haha :lovegrin:

i dont know about others, but i think it takes more than physical beauty to be a model, likewise it takes more than technical skills to be a good photographer :)

xxxger said:
The thread was reopen ... cos i believe the flame was cool down liao ... :lovegrin:

But is good to discuss how standard of a model should be, and how come a no standard 'professional model' can also earn big money?
I start to think, the 'professional' is she call herself or others people call her one wor ... , therefore i always a newbies ...

I have encounter one case before, ... this big company having their Dinner & Dance, and have about 50 over table at some famous place. They look for me to take their photo, but their bunget is $200 ???? :angry: ... at the end, i stay at home watch DVD ... haha :lovegrin:

hmm i always felt that the word professional is overated...

correct me if i am wrong, but isn't professional = profession = person who is working as a certain occupation with a certain set of codes & conduct to adhere to, as long as, he/she met the minimum requirement/requisite, would be a professional... and also to have 'expert' knowledge... (vaguely copied from poly lecture somewhere in my brain)

so i dunno which pro u talking about, but as long as he/she met the duty owed to the clients, i think should be ok liao bah... as long as those paying them is happy, i think everybody else should be fine, and end of the day, if they aren't 'professional' enough, its the clients who are going to tell them off... same as doing sales, if the sales person scold the customer, the customer would scold the sales person as unprofessional, its still whether the sales person wanna challenge the customer to the meaning of unprofessional, or just keep quiet & improve on his standard...

furrycake said:
i dont know about others, but i think it takes more than physical beauty to be a model, likewise it takes more than technical skills to be a good photographer :)

hmm even if you are a photo technician, doesn't make u a good photographer... thats the truth, i ain't a good photographer, i am merely a photo engineer...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
hmm even if you are a photo technician, doesn't make u a good photographer... thats the truth, i ain't a good photographer, i am merely a photo engineer...

you know how i define as a good photographer ? one who is able to bring out the best in any models, one who is humble. ever wonder why some photographers are so highly rated? it's becos of their working attitude, period. btw you engineer meh :bsmilie:

furrycake said:
you know how i define as a good photographer ? one who is able to bring out the best in any models, one who is humble. ever wonder why some photographers are so highly rated? it's becos of their working attitude, period. btw you engineer meh :bsmilie:

eh, den i should reoccupation liao lor, the Photo Production Operator...:sweat:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
eh, den i should reoccupation liao lor, the Photo Production Operator...:sweat:

dun anyhow say lor. then your models become what :bsmilie:

furrycake said:

Hmm.. If it's not physical beauty to be model then wat...? Assuming we are not talking about pretty/handsome models with attitude probs.

And also, I dun tink anyone will admit he or she is a good photograher. But let's put our humility aside a bit... We feel good when people praise our pics and we want to hear that. We like it when we take what we feel to be good shots. Just that we dun want to openly admit it. Nothing wrong with that. That's how photography should be. :)

kiwi2 said:
Hmm.. If it's not physical beauty to be model then wat...? Assuming we are not talking about pretty/handsome models with attitude probs.

And also, I dun tink anyone will admit he or she is a good photograher. But let's put our humility aside a bit... We feel good when people praise our pics and we want to hear that. We like it when we take what we feel to be good shots. Just that we dun want to openly admit it. Nothing wrong with that. That's how photography should be. :)

nicely put, since photography is so subjective. i always kenna lousy comments on my pics from my course instructor. :sticktong

well, i take wadever pics i like, not tt he pay me 2 shoot de ler. kaoz...:faint: :complain:

xxxger said:

$200, stay at home watch DVD better. let them P&S themseleves.
:devil:

should take, then burn them the raw files and charge them if they want it processed. $200 only for taking the event. not post processing.

TMC said:
should take, then burn them the raw files and charge them if they want it processed. $200 only for taking the event. not post processing.

but i no have so many memory card on the run ler .... :embrass: .... i only have 2 x 512M only lor ..... :kiss:

hahaha this goodness issue is sth like a taboo la...maybe u all wanna read socrates euthyphro and meno to find out more about percived notions of good and virtue.... it may provide some insight...

anyway...

professional = relating to a person tt partakes in job tt need special education and training, for money rather than for fun

professionalism = the skill and high standards of behaviour expected of a professional person

coutesy of dictonary...for professional...the dictionary got pretty alot of meanings for it...but it sums up to be skill and money the way i intepret it...and professionalism implies attitude and ability

words are juz there to play ard with... like the idea of goodness....its all percieved....

buten again...photography is both art and craft in a way.... so how do u quantify this? do u want the art or the craft(technical stuff) in being professional.....

i guess i will juz rest my case here....hope this triggers tots in ya minds about these terms and what they mean to u.....

btw...xxxger...which company u with?....

cheers...

"xxx" company??:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

sORe-EyEz said:
"xxx" company??:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

after reading the above reply.... cannot help but...:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

xxxger said:

Why not just take the $200 and stay at home and get paid to watch DVD? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.