xxxger : about xpan

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxger

Deregistered
Feb 10, 2005
Wild wild west
Any ideas how much is a ist hand XpanII selling huh ? does it come with a standard lens ?
Think of getting one and play play ... :lovegrin:

xxxger said:
Any ideas how much is a ist hand XpanII selling huh ? does it come with a standard lens ?
Last time Shiriro loan Xpan to professional photographers to try try, I borrow once but too busy to try out so let my late brother use it.

Not sure this programme still available or not? Can give them a call.

A new Xpan II kit with the 45mm lens is a little over $4000. The Fuji TX-2 version is slightly cheaper. The center filter is about $300-$400.

More info... the Hassey 90mm is about $1200 and the 30mm about $3800(w center filter). The Fujinon versions will be a little less. Frankly, I prefer the 30mm viewfinder of the Fujinon over the Hassey.

These are special order items, I doubt CP would carry the Hassey in stock. The Fuji version is not available here, best bet is in Hong Kong.

catchlights said:
Last time Shiriro loan Xpan to professional photographers to try try, I borrow once but too busy to try out so let my late brother use it.

Not sure this programme still available or not? Can give them a call.

Thank you ... but i am not professional ler, dun think they want to loan me lor ... :bheart:
I will see how lar ... :kiss:

Terence said:
A new Xpan II kit with the 45mm lens is a little over $4000. The Fuji TX-2 version is slightly cheaper. The center filter is about $300-$400.

More info... the Hassey 90mm is about $1200 and the 30mm about $3800(w center filter). The Fujinon versions will be a little less. Frankly, I prefer the 30mm viewfinder of the Fujinon over the Hassey.

These are special order items, I doubt CP would carry the Hassey in stock. The Fuji version is not available here, best bet is in Hong Kong.

wow .... so expensive ... :bheart:
but see liao .... hand really itchy lor .... but i scare print the photo also expensive too :bheart:

Scan and print on your own la, I do that and it's quite affordable.

You might want to consider the Xpan I if you think the II is too expensive. It's still a good body, same lenses.

actually, the hassies have taken quite a big price jump, last month they quoted me $5500 with the 45mm lens. The 30mm wide is around $4900.

After much calculation, it may be more economical to get a TX-2 and ship it in, prob still save around $1k+

Singapore prices are hugely inflated anyways, especially for specialty items such as the Xpan. The Hassey tend to retain its value better but they are exactly identical in terms of performance to the Fujis.

xxxger said:

u so loaded??:bsmilie:

u dunno its so Xpan-sive meh (neither do i, hahaa:kok: )

bladdie hell..

cathay quote me 5k for the 30mm!

Terence,where did u get the pricing from ?

kex said:
bladdie hell..

cathay quote me 5k for the 30mm!

Terence,where did u get the pricing from ?

Hong Kong pricing la (but almost 1 yr ago), you can add on 20% or more for CP prices from the looks of it!

You interested in the 30mm ah? Want to try mine? I might be selling.

i thought of buying one last yr,but freaked out at the price..

seldom shoot so wide,the 90mm pricing still reasonable..

u got the 90mm ?

I picked up the 90mm round about the same time you started looking for one. I think its my most used lens out of the 3. Love the tight pano portraits. An Example.

I bought mine XpanI with the 45mm wide lens for about S$2,800 and later added the 90mm which I hardly use.The 30mm is too wide for me and the center filter is very expensive S$350 above.

I have no complaints about this Xpan-I and it has given me lots of good images.Highly recommended. Don't have to get the XpanII, Xpan I is as good unless you want to shoot star trails which you need more that 3 hours timing !

Thank you all for all the kind reply ... :D
Xpan ... you are so far away :cry:

You might want to consider other more affordable panoramic bodies like the Horizon 202 or Horizont.

Status
Not open for further replies.