X's-Drive Pro VP300

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Happen to see this on Eastgear website.

Anyone using this? How does it compares with Nixvue etc?

Problem face if repair is needed for X's drive!!
There is no service centre in Singapore(according to the shop in Sim Lim Sq). my drive have been sent out to taiwan for repair for more than a month and still no news for collection yet .
If u are a X's drive owner, keep yr recipt it is VERY IMPORTANT or els no shop will entertain u if it become defective, shop only willing to help if the drive was bought from them, but they told me they are not able to track whether the drive was sold by them or not if i can not produce my recipt. Even if I was willing to pay for the repair (still within warranty period) they still say no!!!!!

That bad? In that case i better get a normal hard disk case or the nixvue..

you bought it in sim lim?

could this just be something the chap says because he doesn't know or doesn't want to help with the servicing?

(just worried that it is NOT a fact, since it's according to that shop, you wouldn't want to get in trouble)

can anyone confirm this?

thanx for highlighting if it's the case, it's good to know.

I went to Cathay Photo too... was told that they hv the X-Drive, but if something wrong, there is no guarantee for servicing... so in the end, bought the $600 Nixvue Vista

obviousdude said:
you bought it in sim lim?

could this just be something the chap says because he doesn't know or doesn't want to help with the servicing?

(just worried that it is NOT a fact, since it's according to that shop, you wouldn't want to get in trouble)

can anyone confirm this?

thanx for highlighting if it's the case, it's good to know.

Collected my X'drive 2 yesterday, it took more than 1 month for the repair.
I try to confirm with the shop people (I think he is the boss) on the repair matters, and he told me that are no local service centre for all other brand of the similar product he carry in his shop beause the market here is to small to justify for that.
Does anyone know of any brand of this type of drive does have a local service centre ? ( thinking of getting one more set)

Only know abt the Nixvue, becoz its by a Singapore Company....
www.nixvue.com

Jas said:
Collected my X'drive 2 yesterday, it took more than 1 month for the repair.
I try to confirm with the shop people (I think he is the boss) on the repair matters, and he told me that are no local service centre for all other brand of the similar product he carry in his shop beause the market here is to small to justify for that.
Does anyone know of any brand of this type of drive does have a local service centre ? ( thinking of getting one more set)

Status
Not open for further replies.