XP cannot Detect DVD Dr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004

Need help.

My PC has two dr. One CD ROM and the other DVD DR.

Recently.. the PC did not detect the DVD DR.

Orignal config... DVD DR - Master
CD Rom - Slave

Change the setting but still did not detect. However my Ubuntu could detect the DVD Dr?

Can help? I thought of re-installing the OS, Windows XP....

i used to have a problem with Sony drives.. after 1 yr the drive cannot be detected by XP .. be it CD ROM or DVD rom .. the name would be junk and unusable.. resintalling OS also did not help.. however in freebsd/redhat the drive is detected..

i used to have a problem with Sony drives.. after 1 yr the drive cannot be detected by XP .. be it CD ROM or DVD rom .. the name would be junk and unusable.. resintalling OS also did not help.. however in freebsd/redhat the drive is detected..

Don't understand why? Only happened after about 2 years and yours after one year.

But very strange, Linux OS could detect it...

Any one wish to offer some explanations?

hmm, double check cables.

use hdd ide cables if you need, then make sure the master go to master drive (set with pin master) and slave to slave...

kinda strange...

i only have problems with xp if some stupid software hog the drives, for eg, i put in a game disc, then some crap crash, then i eject the game disc, put app disc, the drive still show the name of game disc...

Swap the 2 drives see what OS detects

I did. Change the master to slave and the slave to master and I did not forget the pin setting.
Not the cable problem as Linux OS could detect both!

Status
Not open for further replies.