[Xing Asia] Sep 2014 : Mystical Ladakh, India
Depart: 27th Aug 2014 (Wednesday)
Return: 3rd Sep 2014 (Wednesday)
Price: SGD1150 (Twin share) / SGD1400 (Single)
Group Size : 8 (min) / 16 (max)
Open to Clubsnap members and public
- Leh, capital of the Himalayan kingdom of Ladakh with average altitude of 3542meter
- Morning ritual at Thiksey Monastery
- Sunset at Shanti stupa- Lamayuru, oldest gompas in Ladakh region
- Alchi, well preserved 11th century wall paintings
- Pangong Lake, a salt water lake at 4350meter, extend from India to Tibet
- Drive pass the world 3rd highest motorable road, Changla Pass at 5365meter
- Star and Milky way photography opportunities at Ladakh
- Delhi Red Fort and Jama Masjid
Day 1 : Depart from Changi Airport for overnight flight to New Delhi, the capital city of India.
Day 2 (L/D) : Arrive New Delhi airport, transfer for local flight to Leh. Check in hotel, rest and acclimatize for high altitude. Afternoon walk to Leh town and enjoy the sunset view from Shanti Stupa. Overnight at Leh.
Day 3 (B/L/D) : A complete day of visit to the monasteries at Shey Palace & Shey Fort, Thiksey & Hemis monasteries, Stok Palace. Sunset view at river bank next to Sindhu Ghat. Return to Leh in the evening.
Day 4 (B/L/D) : Drive to Lamayuru enroute visit Liker Monastery, Magnetic hill and Gurudwara Pathar Sahib. After Lunch drive to visit the mesmerising Moon landscapes and the Lamayuru monastery. Back to Leh at late evening. Overnight at Leh.
Day 5 (B/L/D) : After breakfast, depart to Pangong Lake (4350meter) through Changla Pass (5365meter), the world third highest motorable road in the world. Arrive Pangong Tso, it is the highest salt water Lake in the World, shared by two countries India & China. Overnight at Pangong Tso camp.
Day 6 (B/L/D) : Morning walk around Pangong Lake to enjoy the beauty of the Himalayan surrounding. Drive back to Leh by late morning. Arrive at Leh by noon and visit Leh town at own leisure. Overnight at Leh.
Day 7 (B/L) : Morning flight from Leh to New Delhi. Visit India Gate, Red Fort, Jama Masjid and Chandi Chowk. Late lunch and back to Delhi airport for night flight.
Day 8 : Arrive Changi airport in the early morning.
Pacakge Inclusions :
- Fully private tour in vehicle with extra seats for photography equipment
- 4 nights accommodation at comfortable hotel and 1 night camping, twin sharing basis
- All entrance fees and permit
- All meals as per itinerary above
- Local guides at Leh
- Xing Asia tour leader
- Photography guidance by Master Photographer (MPAUK)
- International flight to Singapore to Delhi/Leh, India (Participants to purchase flight tickets only upon trip confirmation)
- Visa entry to India
- Travel insurance (strongly recommended)
- Additional beverages (including alcohol) not included in meals
- Any other incidental expenses incurred by participants
- Tips for both driver and local guide per person (voluntary basis)
- Delhi temperature : 34°/24° ; Rain occasionally
- Leh temperature : 15°/8° ; Dry
- Warm cloth is necessary during the stay in Ladakh
- Able to carry own photography equipment and personal chores
- Guidance to combat altitude sickness (AMS) to be given during trip briefing
- Wide angle to mid range tele
- Graduated neutral density filter, Circular Polarizer (CPL), Tripod
- Suggest to carry another spare body, battery, and charger. If your equipment stops working during the trip for whatever reason, it is unlikely to find a repair shop or buy a replacement.
Flight Detail :
- Airline : Jet Airways
- Price : Online promotion range from SGD552
- Depart : Wednesday 27 Aug 2014 / 9W17 1935 2250 ; 9W2368 / 0540 0710 +1day
- Return : Tuesday 2 Sep 2014 / 9W2369 0740 0910 ; 9W20 2225 0700 + 1day (Arriving Singapore on Wednesday 3 Sep 2014)
- Registration on our website
- SGD500 non refundable deposit
- Remaining balance to be made 1 month before departure
- If the trip is cancelled by organiser, fully refund
- Organised by Xing Asia, a Singapore licensed travel agent with ISO9001:2008 certification
- contact me by private message or
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org