Xiaomi + Hongmi

I have Redmi, GREAT phone even without considering its price..

Camera is vastly superior to my note3, with Much better Af. Better than my iphone i say..

Only reason I switched bk to my note3 is because grown accustomed to its larger screen which allows me to see more details on Calendar.

I have used the Xiaomi 2S since May, lost it last month and just replaced it with Xiaomi 3

Fast, everythign works, no crashes, awesome specs. Most importantly cheap. Best bang for bucks.

Only complaint: it is only 3G, since the phone was orginally targetted at Chinese market, China only recently launched their 4G network, so expect that to be in future phones. Even running 3G network, in Singapore, China and in Hong Kong, speed is pretty good.

I have Redmi, GREAT phone even without considering its price..

Camera is vastly superior to my note3, with Much better Af. Better than my iphone i say..

Only reason I switched bk to my note3 is because grown accustomed to its larger screen which allows me to see more details on Calendar.

Are you refering to Redmi or Redmi Note?

zun boh..

this cam better than Note3 one?

GPGT first.Got Picture Got Talk first.

Just bought redmi recently and still trying out. For the price, will say spec quite decent. Spare battery only cost $9+. But only 2gb of internal memory.
The feel of the material (plastic) seem more solid than my current Samsung S2.

Camera alright for a less than $200 smartphone.

The higher end Mi3 spec can match those higher end phone from other brand & cost much less, but dun have sd card slot and can't removed battery (like iPhone). In sg they only has the 16gb version.

Saw online they going bring in Redmi note soon and there may be Mi3s or Mi4.

grumpy said:
Redmi is entry level phone leh
you want big screen, go for Redmi Note

Yup, and it cheap. But the spec on paper seem better than some older flagship model.

Big Kahuna said:
The only thing interest me is the dual sim capability, but no 4g is a let down.

The 2nd sim slot is only 2g like most dual sim phone.
No 4g not really a issue for ppl like me who still holding on to the 3g plan with 12GB data plan

The 2nd sim slot is only 2g like most dual sim phone.
No 4g not really a issue for ppl like me who still holding on to the 3g plan with 12GB data plan

It make sense to be 2G since the purpose is only for incoming call and SMS....it would consume less engergy vs 3G or 4G.....you can always ride on the Dataplan on the 3G slot......I am interested because lets assuming I am travelling....I would prefer to purchase a local prepaid SIM card and surve untill I drop witout worry of bill shock......meanwhile I can still receive any importan phone call from my Singtel line without paying their exorbiten data roaming charge...

zun boh..

this cam better than Note3 one?

GPGT first.Got Picture Got Talk first.

I'm nt actually comparing pic quality but rather number of keepers. Note3 in less then ideal lighting will lower the shutter speed so much tht photos r often blurred..nt so w my xiaomi..:)

I have both the hongmi and mi3, both are excellent phones.

I got the hongmi first as a spare phone to try out the MI UI, which i must say is very nice and easy to use. performance is decent at that price, and actually seems better compared to my galaxy s3. everything seems smoother and more efficient in use, with the exception of playing games. The hongmi can't do gaming well, very laggy and slow. even flappy birds, such a simple game with little graphic requirements was terrible on the hongmi. Surprisingly it handles HD videos perfectly, even 1080p movies. The dual sim comes as a bonus for use during travelling. if the phone gets lost/stolen overseas, also not so bad cuz of the low price.

With the positive experience from the hongmi I got the Mi3. Excellent screen, excellent size and weight, performance is top notch. limitation of this phone is the lack of micro SD support. to get around that I usd an OTG flash drive. This phone feels great and will be my main phone from now on. battery life is also good and can last me through the entire day with normal use. One thing i noted was the phone sometimes heats up quite abit. not sure if it was because i was using the camera in HDR mode in the hot sun. When i used it for a call, the phone felt very warm to my ear.

someone in my office bought 1 mi3 for himself, and 4 hongmi to give family.
i am using redmi, pretty good for the price.

I had experienced heating up problem with Xiaomi 2S, but usually if the camera is not switch off or too many apps running in background.
Have not encountered this with the Xiaomi 3

Because previously I was using iPhone so i never had the use for micro SD. With MiCloud, everything is synch plus we have access to so many other free cloud services like Google, Skydrive etc, I can live without micro SD.

Fedup with the forever out of stock status, I have registered for an Asus Zen5 instead :)

http://event.asus.com/2014/sg/zenfone5registration/
Hunger marketing strategy (some will say gimmick) to drum up demand through the deliberate restriction of supply, same dynamics as enforced and implemented by Apple and De Beers though without the aura of exclusivity associated with their high markup or profit margin.

For those who are over fifties, you would probably heard of the term, don't buy Japanese goods, they are inferior. Those days, you only buy British or European stuff. Then come the Taiwanese. We all heard if the Korean as inferior products just not too long ago!

What you pay is what you get but for new players to penetrate the market, most times they need to attract buyers with quality and cheap stuff if they plan to stay long. The question here is, is Xiaomi one of those?

Xiaomi is in the right direction. ...However their focus is still on mainland China and they need to ramp up their production or else they are forever playing catch up and command low price....this wad exactly what happened to Samsung few year back when I got my first cam shelf phone from them....but look at s3, s4, note2, note3......even apple is sweating in term of their desire factor....