Xiaobai

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungrymonster

Oct 7, 2009
Singapore
DSC04759.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
The lighting and area being focus if its correct...

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Trying to bring out the facial area of the rabbit

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
laying on the floor in order to bring out the correct perspective. have have done a bit of cropping and adding of border to make the focusing of the rabbit more.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
feels that the angle of shooting is a bit wrong... but personally still feel the picture is nice.

Thank you for the critique.

Its been 4 days.. why no reply wor?? my picture look not nice ma? :( :(

everything looks ok, perhaps if the background is a patch of grass, the color contrast will make the image more interesting.

In my humble opinion, DOF could be deeper. lighting can also be improved to make eyes popping out.

Its been 4 days.. why no reply wor?? my picture look not nice ma? :( :(

pls be patient. due to new guidelines, new threads in critique will take awhile to be posted up.
from observation the waiting time is usually abt 4 days.

anyway...to the photo. it looks very scary. too scary. people can get nightmares from this. it's like the rabbit is staring into my soul or trying to hypnotise me.(i.e. the front-on composition and the blurred surroudings together with the overexposed nose is not working.) ur dof is too thin. ur flash is too harsh.

Hi TS, the blur border seems a bit over done. Its a bit too much for my liking. Either that or the depth of field is too shallow. The picture is a bit too tight and the rabbit ears is being cropped. Personally i feel the ears of the rabbit are very significant features and should be kept in even though your focus is on the facial area.

what is adding of border...sorry, this is something new to me.

something to think about is why people would be interested in looking in a closeup profile of a rabbit.

but anyways, here's my opinion, i see a pair of eyes and a nose floating on top of what appears to be out of focus paws - now put yourself in your shoes, and yes, i know this is a rabbit, but why would i be interested in seeing this?

i don't know how to tell you how to take your pet, but viewers do not have the same emotional attachment you have to your rabbit, nor have they seen it in its most unglam moments - so you have to either speak what you feel through your picture, or give us a pretty one.

here's a pretty one:
link

here's a few funny ones:
link
link

I would prefer the DOF (se higher f number) to be deeper and angle to be lower. Try going to eye level of the rabbit. Yes, a grass patch as background and reflections of blue skies in the eyes with give a quite a bit more life. Alternatively, you can add catch light to the eyes by bouncing a flash off a nearby surface.

Catching it while is is eating or playing with something will make the picture more interesting too.

first thing, lighting is flat, does not show the shape of your pet and also the texture of the fur.

second, it would be better to see one eye more viable than two half eyes.

third, it just a neoprint your pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.