XF14mm F2.8

km1980

Deregistered
Sep 30, 2007
Jurong
Anyone looking forward to the announcement of this wide angle prime lens? I hope I'm not the only one getting excited about it. :bsmilie:

yrh0413 said:
for $899 aussie dollars... all the sudden I lost 80% on it.

No wonder I dun see anybody talking about this lens. Sounds a bit too ex but I hope Fuji will justify it with its performance.

I love 21mm too but the price is 50% more than the XF18... hard to swallow. Will wait for reviews then only decide. Maybe ditch XF18 for XF14.

Anyone asked the local stores when we can get the lens? :D

Press release indicates November release. Where is MS color going to get the lenses from at "end of the month"? :dunno:

Hmm... Reading through the XF14 info it seems like the OVF on x-pro1 is not wide enough to cover 21mm focal length. Even with the widest magnification of 0.37x the OVF does not display accurate frame lines, the corners are not visible.

Guess I have to rethink if I should get the XF14... I dont want to be stuck with EVF.

Hmm... Reading through the XF14 info it seems like the OVF on x-pro1 is not wide enough to cover 21mm focal length. Even with the widest magnification of 0.37x the OVF does not display accurate frame lines, the corners are not visible.

Guess I have to rethink if I should get the XF14... I dont want to be stuck with EVF.

That would be the same situation as the 28mm conversion lens on the X100. The white frame box goes all the way to the edge and still can't get the whole scene in.

The XPro1 OVF is good for 28mm to 50mm FOV. Even at 90mm, i find the box a bit too small.

In the world of 21mm lenses equivalents, anything under 1K USD is actually a bargain...

any sighting of this baby in store yet?

Have not seen this in my last visit to the Funan shops. In fact, all the new lenses announced with the XE-1 were not released yet, and thus XE-1 is selling with 35mm F1.4 as kit lens.

Also waiting to test out 18-55m and 14mm. Hopefully they will be released soon!

any sighting of this baby in store yet?

Have not seen this in my last visit to the Funan shops. In fact, all the new lenses announced with the XE-1 were not released yet, and thus XE-1 is selling with 35mm F1.4 as kit lens.

Also waiting to test out 18-55m and 14mm. Hopefully they will be released soon!

i'm dying for the 14mm.. ;(

judging how soon they released the XE1 for sales, i hope the 14mm will be out by end of this month since they're all announced at the same time.

upz upz upz

XF14mm where are you?!?!?

time passes damn ssssllllllllooooowwwwwllllllyyyyyy since Sep.