Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlou

Mar 24, 2004
SG
hey guys! what do your think of the

1. O2XPHONE &
2. XDA 2????

any users here? or past experiences? contemplating to buy one of those! pls shoot with me with alll ur advices!!! :bsmilie:

I own an XDA2, and a friend has a P900. My advice: get neither - they're both crap!

P900 irritations: the plastic buttons contact the screen to dial numbers. It doesn't do this properly - sometimes you will get nothing, sometimes the number gets entered 2-3 times. Sometimes the phone will hang and you won't be able to recieve calls until you reset the PDA.

XDA2 is even worse. It's a lousy phone AND a lousy PDA. As far as the PDA bit is concerned, you are better off getting a Palm. I've had Palms for years and they never gave me problems. Get an MS PDA and I get no shortage of hangs, mysterious data loss, programs I can't get rid of, and so on. I keep on staring at the hourglass for things to happen. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

This is an even worse phone. Want to dial someone in your phone book? You have to look it up in the address book, use your fingernail to tap on a name, open the entry, and then tap on the phone number. Try doing this in a car! With my old phone, I would just hit the letter on the keypad, use the rocker switch on the side to choose the name, and then hit the call key. Very easy.

Amfibius said:
I own an XDA2, and a friend has a P900. My advice: get neither - they're both crap!

P900 irritations: the plastic buttons contact the screen to dial numbers. It doesn't do this properly - sometimes you will get nothing, sometimes the number gets entered 2-3 times. Sometimes the phone will hang and you won't be able to recieve calls until you reset the PDA.

I have been using a P900 for months and do not encounter such problem. Perhaps your fren need to send the phone in for servicing.

Amfibius said:

That's the P800 dude. P900 doesn't use those plastic buttons to contact the screen.

jonlou said:
hey guys! what do your think of the

1. O2XPHONE &
2. XDA 2????

any users here? or past experiences? contemplating to buy one of those! pls shoot with me with alll ur advices!!! :bsmilie:
I use the Xphone. Not too bad amongst the PDA/phone category. Faster than my friend's 6600. Battery last longer too. Has built-in 32MB RAM that reduces the need to by removal SD to store more images. Has MSN (via GPRS) and loads of stuff.

Problem: startup takes ~40secs. Hangs occasionally :rolleyes: (don't they all). Battery kinda short (1 working day)

Watcher said:
I use the Xphone. Not too bad amongst the PDA/phone category. Faster than my friend's 6600. Battery last longer too. Has built-in 32MB RAM that reduces the need to by removal SD to store more images. Has MSN (via GPRS) and loads of stuff.

Problem: startup takes ~40secs. Hangs occasionally :rolleyes: (don't they all). Battery kinda short (1 working day)

Does your xphone hang 'coz u've got too many programs running in the background? Kinda interested in the xphone too....

imaginary_number said:
Does your xphone hang 'coz u've got too many programs running in the background? Kinda interested in the xphone too....
No, not really. Usually after a long rest. I could be due to the complex skin/UI that I chose. Your UI for the phone is totally skinnable, not just the background! :D

From a simple list of icons to a sophisticated one that scroll/rotate, etc. All done in XML! :sweat: You can make a new interface that is totally different from everyone elses! :sweatsm:

imaginary_number said:
That's the P800 dude. P900 doesn't use those plastic buttons to contact the screen.

Oops, you're right ... he's got a P800. Anyway, he doesn't have it any more ... he sold it and got himself a normal phone. I've still got my XDA2.

the O2 xda is not too bad actually.. just a little expensive... otherwise the abilitiy to easily write programs for your own pda is nice and easy.

Why not try motorola MPX200? It is a smartphone with 32mb mmc card provided. I think the battery life is longer than xphone (also depends on the power saving configuration). It does not have bluetooth and cam (can buy external). Startup is longer than usual but not 40 secs.

The PIM is very impressive when syncing with my company's outlook. :thumbsup:

I also have 02 Xphone! Well... it kept hanging until I set the backlight to never go off. But after servicing, it only hang once so far...
I like the way I can "customise" the phone. Not a palm user, so this phone satisfies my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.