XD card VS SD card. Anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doraemon7

Jun 28, 2003
Visit site
Went to Center Point, Fuji booth promotion.
I asked the sales staff, why XD card more expensive than other memory card eg. SD card.
Guess what she said...

doraemon7 said:
Went to Center Point, Fuji booth promotion.
I asked the sales staff, why XD card more expensive than other memory card eg. SD card.
Guess what she said...

i wonder wat 'brilliant' answer she gave u.... :think: :bsmilie:

but, seriously? xD card, while small and fast write-speeds, is a propriatory card developed by fujifilm and olympus. ie. only their cameras are using it. i read somewhere that they develop this card hoping to replace MMC. but, it's slow in taking up becos of the propriatory issues.

however, recent models of fujifilm cameras have dual slots, CF and xD. so, if anyone wants to buy fuji cams, guess will go for CF?

The answer is...
In the future when 20 Megapixels camera comes out. SD card cannot be used in the camera.
Where XD card still can be used in 20 megapixels camera.
Then the other guy came and also said the samething.

Conclusion:
SD card cannot be used in 20 megapixels camera and XD can.
That is why XD is more expensive.

Fujifilm, if you read this, train your sales staff.

doraemon7 said:
The answer is...
In the future when 20 Megapixels camera comes out. SD card cannot be used in the camera.
Where XD card still can be used in 20 megapixels camera.
Then the other guy came and also said the samething.

Conclusion:
SD card cannot be used in 20 megapixels camera and XD can.
That is why XD is more expensive.

Fujifilm, if you read this, train your sales staff.

MUAAAHHHAAAAAAA...... :bsmilie: i almost choked on my breakfast biscuit!

well, dats wat happen when companies mass-hire temp tech-blur sales staff for exhibitions. if they meet tech-blur people, can bluff. meet people like u.... :devil: :devil:

u can fool some of the people all the time.
u can fool all the people some of the time.
but u can't fool all the people all the time!

Probably a stock reply...

A more layman's way for saying that xD is future-proof and implying that xD can go into capacities of, say, 10GB while SD card will be capped at, e.g. 5GB?

I did insist to the salesgirl by saying If you said SD cap to a 20GB maximun, not 20 megapixels I could accept the explaination. As smart media max only 128mb. She insisted 20 MEGAPIXELS, not 20 GIGABYTE and XD can go more than 20 MEGAPIXELS. SD cannot.
I asked her "Do you know the different between MEGAPIXELS and MEGABYTES". She said Yes.
I just kept quite and played with the S20Pro.
A moment later, an a pek (fuji sales person), said it is just the technology that different company is using. If you buy Fuji you must use XD, buy sony must use memory stick.
This is the best explaination.

come' on, she just a girl ;)

I am not asking how is the mechanism of SuperCCD with octagonal blah..blah.. or How is the mechanism the data store in XD..

I am just merely asking why XD is more expensive compare to other card?
I think as a salesperson must be prepare to answer this type of question.
If 3 sales persons(2 gals, 1 guy) could not answer this question. I don't know how many more funny stuff they will tell.

doraemon7 said:
I am not asking how is the mechanism of SuperCCD with octagonal blah..blah.. or How is the mechanism the data store in XD..

I am just merely asking why XD is more expensive compare to other card?
I think as a salesperson must be prepare to answer this type of question.
If 3 sales persons(2 gals, 1 guy) could not answer this question. I don't know how many more funny stuff they will tell.
That there are no movable parts in the xD card? hur hur! =x

hoho, skali she hinting that fuji's next camera will be a 20mp that can only use XD wor :D

~MooEy~

some sales person just cant make it one lahz... :bsmilie: Just like those customer service ppl.... lolz.. dun know act they know... Anyway, XD-care Fuji and olympus had spent quite a fortune in developing them... perhaps thus the high price! bt i'll rather go for CF, if my camera can use it ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.