XD card problem with Compactdrive PD70X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clicknick

Apr 13, 2005
Hougang
Hi,
I intend to purchase a PSD which works with XD cards as I may be buying Fuji F30 camera. I tot of buying PD70X, but then saw this thrad that says that certain XD cards not supported by PD70X.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1023&message=16911130&changemode=1

I am not familiar with XD cards. What types are there? What type is fastest? And what type is not supported by PD70X?

Also, any other brands of PSD that do support all XD card types?

Thanks all for any advise that you can give me.

madmacs said:
i speak from experience :p

So you stick the XD card into the SD card slot?

Anyway, vp-8360 is a viewer, too expensive for me. I just need storage.

clicknick said:
So you stick the XD card into the SD card slot?

Anyway, vp-8360 is a viewer, too expensive for me. I just need storage.

yes... :)

madmacs said:

Can let me know what brand/type/capacity of XD card you tried with the Vosonic?

clicknick said:
Hi,

Also, any other brands of PSD that do support all XD card types?

Thanks all for any advise that you can give me.

I am a xD card user for my Fujifilm digicam. I bought a iSmart data bank which work with xD medium very well. But this device do not have viewing function, only data transfer/storage.

Cheers!

fungoer said:
I am a xD card user for my Fujifilm digicam. I bought a iSmart data bank which work with xD medium very well. But this device do not have viewing function, only data transfer/storage.

Cheers!

Thanks. How much is it and where to buy?

i use PD70x on my type H olympus 1GB xD it works ok.

Sorry OT a bit... Do u all find the Vosonic 70X scratches the SD card? I don't know why the design is like that but the slot has lots of pins and when u insert and pull the card after just a few times, u get scratch marks on the surface of the card. (Not referring to the gold contacts.)

Not being paranoid about this but an observation..... Doesn't happen when I use my other card carders.

clicknick said:
Thanks. How much is it and where to buy?

It was $180 for 80GB storage. They should have a store in coming COMEX.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.