Xbox Gamers - come in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Anyone else here have an Xbox? Come in here to to share tips, tricks, etc. etc.

I got mine a few weeks ago, only have one game (Tao Feng). Haven't played console/beat-em-up games for ages, so very rusty and getting my @ss kicked every time. My fingers (and brain) getting too old for this combo thingie .... can't seem to string together more than 5-6 button-strokes. Last time I play beat-em-up, simply mashing the buttons was good enough, now got to mash in the right sequence ..... haizzzz ....

Other games on my "want-to-buy" list:-
1. Soul Calibur
2. Dead or Alive 3
3. House of the Dead (dunno which version)
4. A car game (Sega GT?? APEX?? Test Drive??)

What??? DOA Beach Volleyball is not on your list??? Come on, admit it, you want it... ;p ;p

wow...didn't know that there are xbox players here in clubsnap. Noticed that the xbox gamers here do not "mod" their xbox, like what they do in the states & australia. I've made some "enhancements" to my xbox like:

- Linux bootable
- Able to surf internet & icq using Linux OS
- 120GB harddisk
- Able to backup games to harddisk and play without disc
- Able to play divx, mpegs from DVDs & harddisk
- Connect the xbox to LAN, and play media from remote PCs

Games that are good are:

Halo
DOA Xtreme Vollyball
Mech Assualt
Soul Calibur 2
Matrix Reloaded

I play

1. Halos
2. The car racing game Darren mention :p

Pretty cool..haha
but not much time to play. anyone willing to trade games to try out?

Frankly, DOA Beach Volleyball is absolutely boring. You spend the whole time buying stuff (WTH) and playing mindless games. Boring, unless you go get the nude patch. 8) Currently I am hoping they release the English version of N.U.D.E., a tamagochi like game where you interact with a stimulated female character.

Try downloading the XBOX mediaplayer (you must have a friendly version XBOX), it allows you to play MP3 and other media files, including DIVX. I think there is a hack to play DVD without the kit.

Soul Calibur is good, but I guess fighting against a live opponent would be better. But for fighting game, I still dig DOA3. Love the Marvel vs Capcom thing too.

For FPS games, I just don't like controlling it through the joypad. I still prefer the keyboard and mouse combinations.

how does a nude patch make the game any better? ;)

I have a modded asian xbox.. hehe.. shiok shiok man... can copy my games to hdd.. but my hdd is the original small one la.. so after 1 game then no space already.. sian.. :)

Originally posted by Darren
Anyone else here have an Xbox? Come in here to to share tips, tricks, etc. etc.

I got mine a few weeks ago, only have one game (Tao Feng). Haven't played console/beat-em-up games for ages, so very rusty and getting my @ss kicked every time. My fingers (and brain) getting too old for this combo thingie .... can't seem to string together more than 5-6 button-strokes. Last time I play beat-em-up, simply mashing the buttons was good enough, now got to mash in the right sequence ..... haizzzz ....

Other games on my "want-to-buy" list:-
1. Soul Calibur
2. Dead or Alive 3
3. House of the Dead (dunno which version)
4. A car game (Sega GT?? APEX?? Test Drive??)

Get Halo.

Originally posted by roygoh
Get Halo.
hmmm ... i have tried Halo at the shops but can't seem to get used to using the joypad (hah!! joypad is an oxymoron - more like griefpad .... details later) to play a First Person Shooter - maybe its just me, but I prefer the keyboard and mouse.

Some details about my Xbox. Modded, of course (orginally an Australian version) with Xecutor chip. And because its an Oz Xbox, the griefpad is much larger than the Asian version, thus I am having a hard time with it - my next buy will likely be another joypad.

Thing is, I can only play on Friday/weekends late at night when the kids are asleep - last thing I want is to have Amanda playing (she has been asking what is that black thing in the TV cabinet). *sigh*

hmmm ... i have tried Halo at the shops but can't seem to get used to using the joypad (hah!! joypad is an oxymoron - more like griefpad .... details later) to play a First Person Shooter - maybe its just me, but I prefer the keyboard and mouse.

The controls can be customised. I use the right thumbstick for view angle, and the left thumbstick for movement. Right trigger for main weapon and the left trigger for throwing grenades.

Works pretty well for me, at least.;)

Some details about my Xbox. Modded, of course (orginally an Australian version) with Xecutor chip. And because its an Oz Xbox, the griefpad is much larger than the Asian version, thus I am having a hard time with it - my next buy will likely be another joypad.

Thing is, I can only play on Friday/weekends late at night when the kids are asleep - last thing I want is to have Amanda playing (she has been asking what is that black thing in the TV cabinet). *sigh*
Cool! My first X-box is also from ozland but it's using a homebrew mod (you get banned for saying this word in HWZ Xbox forums) chip

All X-Box come packaged with the BIG joypad, you can buy the S (for small?) version which feels so much better, currently I'm eyeing the wireless joypad, however it's made by some 3rd party manufacturer and not microsoft.

It took me a while to get used to Halo default controls, but once you get used to it, it feels very natural strafing, circling and out menueveuring your prey.

Sure, you get slightly more control with keyboard/mouse combo, but only a joypad allows to you play away from the table, sink into a nice cushy sofa in front of the TV and start killing all the goons. ARgghh....must get wireless joypad!

Originally posted by EastGear
wow...didn't know that there are xbox players here in clubsnap. Noticed that the xbox gamers here do not "mod" their xbox, like what they do in the states & australia. I've made some "enhancements" to my xbox like:

- Linux bootable
- Able to surf internet & icq using Linux OS
- 120GB harddisk
- Able to backup games to harddisk and play without disc
- Able to play divx, mpegs from DVDs & harddisk
- Connect the xbox to LAN, and play media from remote PCs

Wow how much does it cost you to have such a modded xbox? I saw the SRP for normal xbox is 388 right?

Hmm maybe I should get a xbox and throw away my outdated gaming PC... tempting tempting....:devil:

Originally posted by chaotic
how does a nude patch make the game any better? ;)
Trust me, its more fun with the swimsuits on than without, at least you can let you imaginations run wild. With the nude patch, it's like seen once, get excited once and nothing interesting for the rest of the game.

The Intro of DOA Xtreme Volleyball is the kind of stuff you would play to PS2 owners taunting them with what they are missing.

Originally posted by Jason Ho
Wow how much does it cost you to have such a modded xbox? I saw the SRP for normal xbox is 388 right?

Hmm maybe I should get a xbox and throw away my outdated gaming PC... tempting tempting....:devil:
I paid A$200 extra to mod the X-Box. I'm now trying out to mod with a new mod chip with 1MB BIOS (original is 256KB)

I only used my PC for work these days, after I bought a PS2 & X-Box

Warning: hacking the xbox can be an addictive hobby....

Status
Not open for further replies.