Xbox 360 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe it will cost the same when Xbox is released...

i wonder if Xbox 360 games can be played on the Xbox old console....

Likely be anounce after PS3 or E3. Estimated price: lower than PS3!

wats xbox 360? i got xbox at home, but seldom play.......

gotta wait till Monday for the official news in E3.
can also check out SCV Channel 20, MTV Asia, on Saturday 4pm for the new Xbox launch party.

to be honest i'm not that excited about the xbox, never was, i'm waiting for Sony to announce their PS3! :heart:

Hommie said:
Likely be anounce after PS3 or E3. Estimated price: lower than PS3!

I think they are trying to beat PS3 to the market. Could be later this year earlier than PS3 which is early next year.

Xbox360 is going to be announce in E3.
PS3 will not be launched this year. Most likely next year.

Speculation from a reputable game site says around USD299 for basic and USD399 with 40G HDD. Only selling in Nov'05 and Yeeeess! It's HD!!!

Btw, Waffle, I guess you have not tried Xbox live huh? It might just change your opinion. :) "Xbox live" is the only reason I get an Xbox! :bsmilie:

20D said:
Speculation from a reputable game site says around USD299 for basic and USD399 with 40G HDD. Only selling in Nov'05 and Yeeeess! It's HD!!!

Btw, Waffle, I guess you have not tried Xbox live huh? It might just change your opinion. :) "Xbox live" is the only reason I get an Xbox! :bsmilie:
I got a Xbox to only use it as a very powerful Video player. Plays everything from avi to mkv. What other product can match this level of functionality. :D

misato said:
I got a Xbox to only use it as a very powerful Video player. Plays everything from avi to mkv. What other product can match this level of functionality. :D

a barebone or a cheapo mid tower pc that u can hide behind the tv!

or like me, mid-high end pc(underneath the desk) with long long long coaxial cable for audio and long long long s-video cable for tv output. :sticktong

glennyong said:

Cannot lah, coded for different hardware. Probably xbox1 games can play on 360 but even then they have not made any statement about backward compatibility.

just sold of my GC and PS2, just waiting for the 3rd generation console. The hardware for the PS2 is really getting dated. Hopefully the new games will have stunning graphics :)

glennyong said:
here a funny way to look at its backward compatibility :bsmilie:

glennyong said:

sillyme said:
here a funny way to look at its backward compatibility :bsmilie:

Yeah man, funny man! Just like saying can my outdated cassette player can play the new HDCD??? :devil:

dun care ah, i tried Xbox live and still wasn't impressed anyway, i still like the games on the PS2, plus, the biggest gripe is that i just have this thing against the HUGE XBox controller and ugly system design, i'm a sucker for good design, if it doesn't look good to me, i won't touch it. :sticktong

PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3

anyway, check out www.gamespot.com and www.gametrailers.com for latest trailers of games that will be out for the Xbox 360, i don't know about you, but they don't look fun to me leh. :sticktong :sticktong

XXX Boy said:
Just like saying can my outdated cassette player can play the new HDCD??? :devil:

your words are still sacarstic as ever.. grow up..

its still encoded into a dvd... = . =!! unless u are telling me it is encoded into a different medium then i have nothing 2 say.

we will not know until Microsoft have said something about it... its all a possibility.

glennyong said:
your words are still sacarstic as ever.. grow up..

its still encoded into a dvd... = . =!! unless u are telling me it is encoded into a different medium then i have nothing 2 say.

we will not know until Microsoft have said something about it... its all a possibility.
ah well, you didn't have to take it so hard yourself ;)
anyway, i don't think there's much of a chance of the older XBox being able to handle the newer 360 games considering the XBox 360 consists of 3 friggin 3.2ghz processors (the current Xbox runs on one 788mhz proc, i think) and i guess the games are maxed out to make full use of the processing power, and then there's the new gfx card which is bound to be much more powerful.

and really, if the games are seamlessly backward compatible with the old xbox, who'd buy the new one?

Waffle said:
ah well, you didn't have to take it so hard yourself ;)
anyway, i don't think there's much of a chance of the older XBox being able to handle the newer 360 games considering the XBox 360 consists of 3 friggin 3.2ghz processors (the current Xbox runs on one 788mhz proc, i think) and i guess the games are maxed out to make full use of the processing power, and then there's the new gfx card which is bound to be much more powerful.

and really, if the games are seamlessly backward compatible with the old xbox, who'd buy the new one?

true.. but at least dun nid to make such sharp tongue comments la rite ? i missed out the morning MTV's thingy on the 360 la.. so yah la.. nvm.. i will prolly be selling my xbox in the near future...

Status
Not open for further replies.