X-ray Machine - Can See the DVD content when screened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WKM

Apr 12, 2006
Queenstown
Hi, do any body know if I have some DVDs passing through the X-ray machines, can the officers doing the screening see that I have DVDs in my bag? can they see the pictures of the printed covers?
I have friends who managed to pass through the air-port screening, so wonder if the officers know or not, or they merely close one eye?

WKM

WKM said:
Hi, do any body know if I have some DVDs passing through the X-ray machines, can the officers doing the screening see that I have DVDs in my bag? can they see the pictures of the printed covers?
I have friends who managed to pass through the air-port screening, so wonder if the officers know or not, or they merely close one eye?

WKM

can see covers, but not the contents, i dun think any x-ray or anything in fact... can see the contents in DVDs except Dvd lasers...

technically, if its not big amount, for own 'consumption' they just let you off, if you bring like 50 dvds or more, u better go declare lor, pay tax only... like wat i did if i bring excess stuff back...

if about 10 dvds, original, i doubt they check, unless yours look really like those pirated ones...

They can see that there are DVD's there, but they can't see the covers - the x-ray can only show shape of an object and determine the density of it (displaying this in different colours on the screen).

cyber_m0nkey said:
They can see that there are DVD's there, but they can't see the covers - the x-ray can only show shape of an object and determine the density of it (displaying this in different colours on the screen).

actually can leh... in colors somemore... just that their layers not that strong... so u stack 1 stack of dvd covers, maybe they see shape, and slight prints, but if you have in cases, then they can view in cover, den dvd den cover den dvd...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
actually can leh... in colors somemore... just that their layers not that strong... so u stack 1 stack of dvd covers, maybe they see shape, and slight prints, but if you have in cases, then they can view in cover, den dvd den cover den dvd...

okay...so they can see the shape of the DVD....but can they see the print on the DVD? like if there is a dog printed on the DVD, can they see the shape of the print (dog) on it?
and for the covers.....can they see the print on the cover? like if there is a cat printed on the cover, can they see the shape of the print (cat) on it?
what if I insert the DVD in between books, can they tell from the screen there is / are dvds in the books / magazines?

thks guys!

WKM said:
okay...so they can see the shape of the DVD....but can they see the print on the DVD? like if there is a dog printed on the DVD, can they see the shape of the print (dog) on it?
and for the covers.....can they see the print on the cover? like if there is a cat printed on the cover, can they see the shape of the print (cat) on it?
what if I insert the DVD in between books, can they tell from the screen there is / are dvds in the books / magazines?

thks guys!

they can if they want to... but seriously, its not the problem of the customs, they only catch those who bring in big big bulks, if u only bring 1, den y bother?

last time i smuggle a PS2 (long ago, from japan when sg dun have yet...) the x-ray machine there is damn tok kong, the girls there can see in like 3D, see side, den can go in cross section, den i was behind them, so i see my bag, den see the box cover, den see the PS2 set, even the PS2 imprint on the set also can see...

then took china flight, also same, i look at their sets, also can do this, i think most have, and can see in primary colors...

sg do behind the curtains, so hard to see how they operate...

anyway more than 5 illegal dvds = distributor... so hope this helps lah... if u wanna smuggle anything in...

Status
Not open for further replies.