X-ray lens question, in regards to an incident at Cosplay Matsuri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukihito

Jul 8, 2007
I have a few questions regarding the x-ray camera lens/filter. First, is there such a thing? And second, will a photo taken with an x-ray camera lens/filter turn somewhat green?

Sorry that I cannot phrase the question in the correct terms as I am not a photographer.

Thank you for your time!

I have a few questions regarding the x-ray camera lens/filter. First, is there such a thing? And second, will a photo taken with an x-ray camera lens/filter turn somewhat green?

Sorry that I cannot phrase the question in the correct terms as I am not a photographer.

Thank you for your time!

I don't think there's an x ray camera lens or filter.
But if you're talking about the principles behind x-ray photography then it should wokr very similar to the cameras modified to take IR photogrpahy.

The mechanics involved,whether it is acheivable or no is another matter..

Thank you for your time!

This relates to infrared (not x-ray), and is related to Sony Nightshot cameras (older models)
you may want to do abit of research on google regarding "seethrough clothing sony nightshot)

I'm assuming that you are a cosplayer and not a pervert looking for kicks.hheheh.

Yap, agreed that sony older models with night vision capability with IR filter attached may create Infra effect on the pictures taken. The models such as Sony 7XX series. :)

You can buy infrared xray filter ring and put infront the lenses. It will expose whatever is under the garment. Usually voyuer and pervert do this.

You can buy infrared xray filter ring and put infront the lenses. It will expose whatever is under the garment. Usually voyuer and pervert do this.

it's not x-ray.
Also, those cameras worked because of the lack of a certain filter inside the camera. Since then other nightshot cameras have a filter within that prevents this effect.

Aiyo... Regular Hoya IR72 is enough. No need to cough up 180 SGD for a 40 SGD filter!!

Everyone keeps saying "X-Ray, X-Ray" seems that most had effectively thrown their basic physics textbook back to their Sec School Teachers...

An X-ray (or Röntgen ray) is a form of electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength in the range of 10 to 0.01 nanometers, corresponding to frequencies in the range 30 PHz to 30 EHz. They are longer than Gamma rays but shorter than UV rays. X-rays are primarily used for diagnostic radiography and crystallography. X-rays are a form of ionizing radiation and as such can be dangerous. In many languages it is called Röntgen radiation after one of the first investigators of the X-rays, Wilhelm Conrad Röntgen.

There's no such thing called an "X-Ray Filter Ring" u'll get cancer from prolonged exposure.

it's not x-ray.
Also, those cameras worked because of the lack of a certain filter inside the camera. Since then other nightshot cameras have a filter within that prevents this effect.

In theory you can modify your dslr to remove the IR filter and use an R72 filter on your lens to achieve the same result. In theory of course.

In theory you can modify your dslr to remove the IR filter and use an R72 filter on your lens to achieve the same result. In theory of course.
you sure about this? no wonder no girls like to join IR outing.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

(to all IR friends, no offend, just try to put someone legs.)

and

not all clothing works, apparently

you see most of the portraits being posted and taken by ir mod cam, all over the internet.. no such see through problem

from my understanding, you need a particular type of clothing that allows the light to go through, usually found in swimsuits/bikini which allows the user to wear it and still get tanned. correct me if i'm wrong though, my sources may not be accurate.

so sorry to disappoint pervs :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Wouldn't they just see this?

r06skeleton2LR.jpg

more like this

2365882542_f40b52c6e4_o.jpg

sony night shot has a green shade to it :bsmilie:

Sorry to dig up such a old thread, but I wish to thank everyone for the help rendered!

My computer had crashed shortly after I created this thread, and I rather took my time in restoring it back to normal.

I'm not a pervert, I'm a cosplayer.

I asked this question because a friend spotted a photographer at March's Cosplay Matsuri taking a photo of me with the 'x-ray lens' I mentioned earlier, which he identified by the green tint of the photo on the screen. Therefore, I guess that it should be the Sony Nightshot that was mentioned.

The same friend informed me that while white will reflect the light and thus negate the x-ray effect, black will be see-through. Is that true? I suppose that since I was wearing about three layers of clothing, I should have less cause to worry.

In case any of you were wondering, I didn't manage to identify the photographer, but perhaps my friend will remember if he sees him again. It ended with my friend showing the photographer the middle finger and scaring him off.

The same friend informed me that while white will reflect the light and thus negate the x-ray effect, black will be see-through. Is that true? I suppose that since I was wearing about three layers of clothing, I should have less cause to worry.

not sure exactly what sort of clothing will become see-through - from what i understand it depends on the material, not the color

also, if it is nightshot only, don't think it is enough? need an ir filter on top but i could be wrong, no expert at this

lastly, what were the conditions of the shooting incident? dark? if it was outdoor with good ambient light, even cloudy, the joker shouldn't be using nightshot function :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.