X-drive VP6210

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLQ

Jan 31, 2005
Tampines & Sydney
Hi all,
Will like to ask those of you who used this before on:
1. How long does it take to download 1Gb into the harddisk from a CF card.

2. How long does the battery last when used for:
a) just playing videos
b) just playing mp3s
c) just downloading photos.

3. How do you all find the Video quality and the sound quality?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
LQ

Check this out. http://www.vosonic.com/
I own the newer model 6230. hence can't comment about the 6210. I would recomend u 6230 over 6210 as it's LCD is 2.5" which I feel is just adequate for 1 person viewing. Battery can chg easilly on 6230 but more diffiicult for 6210.

The device performed (battary life) more or less as specified +/- 10% (depending on the brightness setting used). The write speed to HD is quite fast and dependent on the CF media speed. Too lazy to try but it is on par with pd7x.

Sound quality very subjective and don't expect it to perform on par to dedicated high quality mp3 player which uses more expensive dac.

Video quality is very good and dependent on movie bitrate & resolution. I recommend 640*480 @30 fps Bitrate 780-1000kbit/s divx5 or 6.

Con. quite limited view angle & brightness level. Ther are better devices out there but more expensive.

bigmouse said:
Check this out. http://www.vosonic.com/
I own the newer model 6230. hence can't comment about the 6210. I would recomend u 6230 over 6210 as it's LCD is 2.5" which I feel is just adequate for 1 person viewing. Battery can chg easilly on 6230 but more diffiicult for 6210.

The device performed (battary life) more or less as specified +/- 10% (depending on the brightness setting used). The write speed to HD is quite fast and dependent on the CF media speed. Too lazy to try but it is on par with pd7x.

Sound quality very subjective and don't expect it to perform on par to dedicated high quality mp3 player which uses more expensive dac.

Video quality is very good and dependent on movie bitrate & resolution. I recommend 640*480 @30 fps Bitrate 780-1000kbit/s divx5 or 6.

Con. quite limited view angle & brightness level. Ther are better devices out there but more expensive.

Hey bigmouse,

Thanks for reply.
May i know roughly how much is the price difference between 6210 and 6230 in Singapore.
So the difference between this 2 is the LCD screen and the batt compartment. Any other difference?

I know the sound quality can be very subjective, now i am using a iriver CD mp3 player, do not remember the model but it is quite old(bought about 4 years ago) it reads the mp3 files from the CD. I find the quality is ok with me. I do not know how the X-drive sound quality compares to my current MP3 player. Anyone can share?

Thank you once again.
Best regards,
Cheers

LQ

Bought 6230 without hd at S$480 at SLQ level 6. The 6210 was on offer few weeks (shop getting rid of old model) ago but price difference is about S$80-100 less. Other difference: size, hard case, joy stick like ctr on the 6230....

My take on sound quality. The 6230 is comparable to my old creative juke box c (very decent sound quality). Sound output quality is very dependent on DAC & headphones used. I would grade the 6230 to be at the class of s/n 92-98db (that is main stream audio products). There is no bass or treble adjustment but fixed sound ehancements setting which is useless. Perhaps future firmware may allow some flexible adj.

S/N between 100-110 db provide more superior audio quality while >110 db are normally top quality audio products ( e.g. creative emu 0404, x-Fi).

I use 6230 on my car and playback on a larger LCD screen via the tv & audio output. The picture & sound quality can match my previous portable dvd player while playing non-dvd video. Remember, no point having very high quality player but your video & audio files (128kbps) is low quality right?

I normally convert real video to divx and setting ( bitrate, resolution, fps & conversion speed) used in the conversion is very important to final quality.

bigmouse said:
Bought 6230 without hd at S$480 at SLQ level 6. The 6210 was on offer few weeks (shop getting rid of old model) ago but price difference is about S$80-100 less. Other difference: size, hard case, joy stick like ctr on the 6230....

My take on sound quality. The 6230 is comparable to my old creative juke box c (very decent sound quality). Sound output quality is very dependent on DAC & headphones used. I would grade the 6230 to be at the class of s/n 92-98db (that is main stream audio products). There is no bass or treble adjustment but fixed sound ehancements setting which is useless. Perhaps future firmware may allow some flexible adj.

S/N between 100-110 db provide more superior audio quality while >110 db are normally top quality audio products ( e.g. creative emu 0404, x-Fi).

I use 6230 on my car and playback on a larger LCD screen via the tv & audio output. The picture & sound quality can match my previous portable dvd player while playing non-dvd video. Remember, no point having very high quality player but your video & audio files (128kbps) is low quality right?

I normally convert real video to divx and setting ( bitrate, resolution, fps & conversion speed) used in the conversion is very important to final quality.

Thank you for the useful information.
One more question, i am too using a 20D, can i check with you how long does it take to scroll a photo to photo when viewing photos taken with 20D on the VP6230 (the picture is the higest quality and highest size jpeg and photos copied to harddrive).

Thank you once again for your help.

CLQ said:
Thank you for the useful information.
One more question, i am too using a 20D, can i check with you how long does it take to scroll a photo to photo when viewing photos taken with 20D on the VP6230 (the picture is the higest quality and highest size jpeg and photos copied to harddrive).

Thank you once again for your help.

OK. file size ~2.1- 2.7 mb taken at iso100. It takes about ~1 +/- 0.3 sec to load 1 pic to another. About the same speed it takes on winxp with ACDSEE program.

Recommend u prepare a reference video (Divx) & some pictures or even mp3 and load onto a CF card. Test out on various PMP at SLQ and decide based on your budget and requirements.

Note : there are some tweak on the read & write speed from and to HD - CF. Normal, fast, ultra. I normally set normal... never bother about fast or ultra as already quite fast and do not want to stress cf/hd and risk file error.....

Another con about this player is the output plugs ( audio, tv and mic) are placed too close to one another. Can only use slim and good fitting plugs.

found the link for 6210 here: http://sg.hardwarezone.com/priceguide/newsview.php?id=857&s=1

Status
Not open for further replies.