www.divinglychee.com - a concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hiee Pals...

Here's one from my boredom juz now.......only had a kilo of lychees bought from the night market here so took some shots of this innocent spikey fruit....surprising the lychees here are really thorny!!!

Well...here it is.... PSed for the concept...

divinglychee.jpg

Too bad cant do really good editing as i had only the touch point (the nipple thingy) on the laptop...:bsmilie:
Sheees..i can't event preview what it looks like on the web....been having trouble seeing my photos over the net....once i uploaded
to the US service provider...maybe kena block by this country...

wow sulhan... nice!

have seen lotsa posters of food/fruits dropping into water on the walls of my school canteen.. but yours is definitely attention catching! can feel the impact..cool stuff!! and i stupidly went to visit the website. haha...:sweat:

Yeah...great stuff but cannot find the website ley > We can't find "www.divinglychee.com"

Haha...alamak

Its just an imaginary concept lah.....as i just happen to have lychees around....
I have mango too but too bad too big for the cup :confused:

Anyway here is the setup...

divinglycheesetup.jpg

Received PMs from fellow Csers...asking about the timing.
I basically used the 10 second timer....and based on my "feel" after using the camera for quite some time...
i manage to let go based on the last quick beeps of the self timer. Based on the drop height adjustments
i can approx.. guage when the image will be captured (shutter open). How many times...hmm for this one...
only 4 tries. 2 of which the lychee hit the rim and bounced and the picture was a floating lychee in mid air...!!!!:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

great stuff! 10s timer.hmm....what about the Exif?? care to share?

Hiee Dio..

here are the shot info..
Setup -
- 7D on Manual
- Tv: 1/125
- Av: f18
- Flash on Manual at 1:1 & off-shoe cable used.
- ISO: 400
- Tamron 18-200...

hi sulhan

?? its a lychee??!!

i thought it is those small tiny durian look alike painted in red, cant remember the name of the tree.

were you using burst mode?

heh. this made me smile =)

I like yr title. any plan to do divinglycheeS?

diving lycheeS? yeah... Sulhan can dive more things... den slowly progress.. one day we might have a diving durian.... :bsmilie:

denniskee... think Sulhan mentioned in post #5 that he used a 10 second timer. :)

anyway...Sulhan...Thanx for sharing the setup!!! Shall try similar stuffs after after my exams.

hi sulhan, does that means you drop the lychee when 10 sec is up? would it be easier if we remote + burst mode? i want to try but need more info.

but i think either way also aga aga one right?

thanks.

I like it! Makes me wanna go out to the market and get some lychees!;)

denniskee said:
hi sulhan, does that means you drop the lychee when 10 sec is up? would it be easier if we remote + burst mode? i want to try but need more info.

but i think either way also aga aga one right?

thanks.
Hi Dennis..

Yes..after the timer is up..there will be a certain lag before timer fires...so that is like a "concentrate-when-to-release" time slot. Its mind synchronization at this point. So as i mention...releasing the item at different height helps vary the instant of shot.

Try it...you can do a dry run without water first...

Nicely done bro! I'm surprised that you can freeze at 1/125, though I've never tried. :thumbsup:

Drudkh said:
Nicely done bro! I'm surprised that you can freeze at 1/125, though I've never tried. :thumbsup:

Hiee Bro...

The freezing might be possible at this speed the instant of where the water started to change direction and the lychee is at its break-fall point in the water. Luck i guess.

nicee.... but it gives me the idea of something like absolut vodka....

Sweet! :thumbsup: Just like an advertisement shot. Wonderful to see the effects of the impact on the water frozen at that moment. Somemore can see in your set-up shot the water splashed onto the table. Hope you didn't have to wipe it too many times and that it didn't get onto the floor:bsmilie:

hey man, nice shot :thumbsup: .. don't mind me asking but how did you get the white platform for the cup in your final pic? noticed that you used a wooden table in your setup.

Hi Agent..

Its quite simple actually, the angle and distance of the camera to the cup and table surface made it possible - with of course the help of the glass table top surface..

I kept my angle as low as possible until the framing is about the same level from the side of the cup, my "view-path" to the cup is close to parallel. Hence the flashing light towards the curtain and the flash light it self will capture the reflection of the cup and not the actual table surface that is below the glass table top.

Status
Not open for further replies.