Wu Xiao Kang - A Dose of LIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to imagine? You can't see using their eyes leh... :think:

actually, i dun think they even visited a mental institution before... probably read from books and watch from tv only...

just imagine if they used Hannibal Lector as their reference... can imagine how bloody it is right now...

I wonder if Kay Chin, the show's curator is reading this thread (he is on CS). Would be interesting to hear his side of the story.

read about the whole thing last night, even though i saw the hoax report, the pictures still give alot of feelings because of the deliberate sequence, accompanying words and music. their art gets an ''F'' from me though, for misrepresentation. they misrepresented the schizophrenic in the name of art, very bad artists if they are any. it's too superficial to judge art by the surface, giving it a good appraisal based on presentation. art ultimately carries intention as all other creations of Man, the intention of this set of pictures was to show the public the world of the schizophrenic, but they are nothing more than romanticised misrepresentations set to fool the eyes of the public.

some people from NTU also happen to uncover the fact that these pictures were doctored

http://admforum.reivad.net/viewtopic.php?t=136&sid=5477e5d99f45d86d0eae706e9ed866c2

My dear friend, check this out: http://adoseoflight.com/overdose/xiaokang.html

Now let me know of ur opinion and see if it matches mine.

Technical superiority of framing, DOF, thirds rule is there.
Compositional skills complemented by storyline.
Photos standalone.... well.... "Ok"

i like the photos. i think they are very well executed. but stupid me! i actually believed those were shot in slides(maybe?) and unedited! WOW!

and the wayang of it all, really, is it all necessary? i feel this is a hit below the belt and it is a disgusting act by the clowns who think they are schizos. :thumbsd:

i like the photos. i think they are very well executed. but stupid me! i actually believed those were shot in slides(maybe?) and unedited! WOW!

and the wayang of it all, really, is it all necessary? i feel this is a hit below the belt and it is a disgusting act by the clowns who think they are schizos. :thumbsd:

since they manage to get ppl to petition for their cause (the 100 who wan the last roll of film)

we should have a petition to send them to IMH to stay for a month to fully understand what they go thru inside...

their 1st 24 hours will be hell enuff for them...

i really think this could be and should be a national disgrace, at least in the worldwide photographic community.

just like hello kitty, chewing gum and NKF - the disgrace part, not the photographic part.

since they manage to get ppl to petition for their cause (the 100 who wan the last roll of film)

we should have a petition to send them to IMH to stay for a month to fully understand what they go thru inside...

their 1st 24 hours will be hell enuff for them...

and can get juniee to go in there and shoot them lor since she asked to shoot inside.:thumbsup: :bsmilie:

for lack of a better example, this is like fabricating a painting, saying the painting is done by Vincent van Gogh when he suffered mental illness, and exhibiting it to raise people's awareness of mental illness.

I didn't like the photos, and definitely not taken in by the website to believe the hoax. It's actually quite reprehensible that some arty wankers decide to use schizophrenia, and yeah it's more depression, to forward some agenda.

now it seems to me that there might be a possible chance that these clowns are caught with their pants down and in a mad bid to hide it all, they say that it is an art concept and that it is all "done to draw more attention to their clause".

who knows they might be ready to go along with the xiao kang story? they even got the petition stuff going... and it seems to me that they might be prepared to play out the whole story until some smart CSers and undergrads noticed the many tell-tale signs?

:angry: :angry:

seems like they deactivated the guestbook on their website. bunch of cowards of art.

edit: it's back again, better back up my own writing in case they decide to erase everything.

wat saddens me was that this pack of lies is to be exhibited.. hmm...

disgrace of ARTS. Puiii:thumbsd:

Status
Not open for further replies.