Wu Xiao Kang - A Dose of LIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a call from adeline. She says thats it. exhibition will not go ahead. No finale. Abit disappointed, I must say.

I don't think for the 3 of them to come out and justify their actions will add any closure to the whole episode. Pulling the show, I feel, is necessary and I think that would be the right thing to do and provide the necessary closure to most folks. Asking anything more would be akin to spoiling for a fight.

I think it's time to let go of this whole episode, because it's run its course. I feel discussing it further will not yield any positive outcome.

I don't think for the 3 of them to come out and justify their actions will add any closure to the whole episode. Pulling the show, I feel, is necessary and I think that would be the right thing to do and provide the necessary closure to most folks. Asking anything more would be akin to spoiling for a fight.

I think it's time to let go of this whole episode, because it's run its course. I feel discussing it further will not yield any positive outcome.

Thank you for stating this so eloquently Terence.

Should there be any objections, this thread will be closed in due time.

Cheers,
WG

Yup, totally in agreement with you!:thumbsup:

Hello all,

May I pose a question to you all :dunno:

Do you have a programme on TV that is about debates of daily happenings :dunno:

If you do have such kind of program, why doesn't someone contact the station/programme and suggest one on this topic ?

Advise them about the subject in question. Advise them about CS and this thread and the dedicated photographers.

Ask them to interview the people concerned and ask them to have a debate with those people with a selected member of CS... on air.

This may seem like a too far out thing to do, but, looking at the mixed and high feelings of this CS community alone,

I imagine it would make (for them) good viewing.

The upshot of their programme will be to do a short explanation of the works and explanation of its validity,

Then a debate on it's position as we see it (them against a CS member and spokes person for art).

What say you :)

Personally i don't think those artsy wankers really had a clue what they wanted to do in the first place, other than to drive people to look at their site of, in my opinion, rather non interesting photos. The site isn't meant to help the schizophrenics, to provide insight for the public, or even as art pranksterism as an ironic commentary on the gullibility of the public to laud accolades on artwork stemming from some tragic process. They're not banksy, not duchamp, just disgruntled folk trying out something for a laugh. The site had all the effect of a nigerian scam letter for me.

good going maeng.

I was also a victim of this incident. Even posted an article last year:
http://portal.chester.sg/content/view/120/2/

The beauty of debate is that it's hard to draw the line between right and wrong. If it was so clear-cut, a concluding decision would be so easy to reach.

What's important is to let people hear both sides of the points, and to allow each individual to make their own decision as to which side they stand.

Creativity has always been thinking out-of-the-box and challenging the norm and doing the controversial. More and more creative agencies are making up pseudo-events around their campaigns. Check out Nokia N95's UK campaign http://www.greatpockets.com/

Feel free to choose your side of fence. I choose to applaud the producers for their excellent manipulation of human emotions through the touching story and accompanying images.

The beauty of debate is that it's hard to draw the line between right and wrong. If it was so clear-cut, a concluding decision would be so easy to reach.

What's important is to let people hear both sides of the points, and to allow each individual to make their own decision as to which side they stand.

Creativity has always been thinking out-of-the-box and challenging the norm and doing the controversial. More and more creative agencies are making up pseudo-events around their campaigns. Check out Nokia N95's UK campaign http://www.greatpockets.com/

Feel free to choose your side of fence. I choose to applaud the producers for their excellent manipulation of human emotions through the touching story and accompanying images.

Well the Nokia campaign is clearly tongue in cheek. The whole beef about the WXK thing is like they took a handicapped spot at a parking lot, and now saying that they ARE disabled. ;)

It is ART when the secret is not known ....
but when those idiots told the truth ..... it is no more ART.....:think:

a bunch of media whore..

Glad to know someone else share the same view as me.:sweat:

they need a welcoming committee?

any fruit & egg vendors willing to sponsor their expired merchandise for the cause?

Imagine the 'artist' stand in a line then got a pick up full of crates of expired eggs for ppl to throw at them... 3 shows daily. :think: Each show uses up 1 pick up load of expired eggs, & last when all the eggs are finished thrown at them. Till exhibitions end... :sweatsm:

Isn't that art? :lovegrin:

Creativity doesn't mean that you can go ahead and make a mockery out of other's misery and run rings around the unfortunate.;

There is this thing call social responsibility.

I have worked at a half-way centre with members are schizophrenic. They have to be trained for their mobility skills so as to re-fit into our fast-pace society. Plus they have take their medicines which obviously have side-effects. They are trying their best...and it is definitely a tough road ahead for them to pick up where they left off.

So...if someone using this as for "fame" purposes, I will never respect that..:angry:

I have worked at a half-way centre with members are schizophrenic. They have to be trained for their mobility skills so as to re-fit into our fast-pace society. Plus they have take their medicines which obviously have side-effects. They are trying their best...and it is definitely a tough road ahead for them to pick up where they left off.

So...if someone using this as for "fame" purposes, I will never respect that..:angry:

^5 sister!!!

down with the clowns!!!

Creativity doesn't mean that you can go ahead and make a mockery out of other's misery and run rings around the unfortunate.;

There is this thing call social responsibility.

Thats what we have been trying to tell everyone, and i just dun get it why some insist that its art...

Don't go twisting your mind to justify something that isn't right in the first place. Art is not an excuse to belittle everyone.

hi everyone, i read all the posts at 1 go yesterday after spotting this. got to admit it's really taxing on my eyes, but as someone who felt the impact from the shots, i couldn't stop myself from knowing the outcome. glad that "justice" is addresssed, i have some thoughts:

1. nicely pulled off (but i did not spot the symmetry which could suggest the pics doctored)
2. but ethically incorrect (wrong way of portraying some expression)

i guess it only remains known to the creators why the character was created instead of fronting the works with their own names. not being much of someone who really knows art, i wonder who is the model used to to represent "xiaokang". An attempt to search for news articles revealed nothing on this person, I did not think that he could be fabricated.

Going forward (or OT), from the group's page, there seems to be another person who is also a "late artist". I wonder now, if this person is also someone with the same existence level as xiaokang.

many thanks to all fellow CSers who pushed hard against ethically wrong "concepts".

Status
Not open for further replies.