Wu Xia

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
cd.jpg

hi guys, just need some comments on this DI-ed pic..trying something abit different..wondering if the title is suitable as well

is this abstract? if not where's the subject?

agentmonkey said:
cd.jpg

hi guys, just need some comments on this DI-ed pic..trying something abit different..wondering if the title is suitable as well

Wu Xia seems to be more on the 武侠 side (martial arts)...

I think he's trying to create the comic book kind of effect by using the PS filter

I tot so too initially, but I dun find the pugillistic feeling leh....so I tot was flawless....:dunno:

panzerpunk said:
Wu Xia seems to be more on the 武侠 side (martial arts)...

I think he's trying to create the comic book kind of effect by using the PS filter

TS, pls help lay, everyone confuse now.

we have :

1) 5 prawns
2) 无瑕
3) 武侠
4) still dont know what it is.

thanks for the feedback guys. ah, well, for those who might have seen some of my previous posts before, ought to know my chinese really cannot make it one....so perhaps the title doesn't really fit...first thing that did come to mind was something from zhang yimou... along the lines of Hero and the rest of those period martial arts movies... which is also why i chose to do the comic book like effect...thought it would be interesting presenting the photo differently

dejected, don't quite get you..where's the subject? it's there in the photo! the dude with the flowing arms :)

where's the dude?

lol..i'm slightly amused..no..not bottom left..look carefully at the top left...should be able to see the vague outline of the nose...

once again, proof of my kantangness...what is qing gong?:embrass:

okay...i think to make it a bit clearer for the title which is in question... wu xia as in..wu xia pian? those sword fighting movies..unless i mistakenly got it wrong due to my horrible standard of chinese

武侠? more like 雾xia! --> haze man!
very soft pic looks like haze..no subject, no meaning..sorry bro, try harder next time.;)

hmm... thanks guys..just curious, why doesn't soft work? not trying to be defensive, but just need to understand to improve....i've seen other photos which are soft... deliberately so...in this case it's not sharp because of the motion blur.

meanwhile, have you guys seen the other photo i posted? the one titled untitled...

esplanade libary has lots of books and magazine on dances and theater performance. you can find tons of good photos that is what you want to shot like this.

agentmonkey said:
hmm... thanks guys..just curious, why doesn't soft work? not trying to be defensive, but just need to understand to improve....i've seen other photos which are soft... deliberately so...in this case it's not sharp because of the motion blur.

meanwhile, have you guys seen the other photo i posted? the one titled untitled...

yeah! i've seen the untitled one oledi..sorry i can't write good engrish..
from wat i see, u r trying to show art and motion fusion together on the picture..but some how u dun get it correct lehz..i've seen some of tis kind of works but cannot remember the reference..the wu xia is definitely a no no..the untitled, is lacking something, dun noe how to put it..keep up the effort bro!

i may be wrong totally..:cry:

alright, will keep trying :) this is something altogether new for me..probably going to need alot of practice...will try to find those books as well... cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.