WTSell: MediumFormat - Hasselblad 2000FCW whole system with 5 lenses and accessories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimbim1207

Jul 19, 2010
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: MediumFormat
Equipment Brand: Hasselblad
Equipment Model: 2000FCW whole system with 5 lenses and accessories!!! RARE!!
Price (S$): 14,500
Description:
Hi all,

I’m here reluctantly selling my trusty and beloved 2000FCW Hasselblad system. All equipment has been collected for years with passion and has been kept with much care. The reason for selling is that I need money for my further study.

Please read carefully of what I describe for each item. There will be no faulty or mal-function in every single bits of the system, since I use and CLA it regularly, but since I will not give any warranty, you really need to know what you’re buying.
All of the equipment works perfectly, cosmetic looks from 10/10 to MINT. Everything is just ready to shoot.

For those who don’t know, the less-common Hasselblad 2000/200 system is a much superior to the famous 500 series due to its high-price when first introduced in the 1980s & 1990s. For what I’ve search, I am the only one on Clubsnap selling this big 2000-series system.

The 2000 series has the following advantages over the 500 series:
1. Much higher shutter speed. Up to 1/2000 against 1/500 only in the 500s
2. Use of between-click-stops shutter speed for much more accurate exposure. (e.g.: between click-stop of 1/60 & 1/125 is useable: 1/90)
3. Still able to use C/CF/CFi/CFE lenses for flash sync advantage at all speed.
4. More lenses available for this system. Especially the fastest lens ever made by Hasselblad: the 110/2.
5. F-series lenses for this system are faster and can focus at much closer distance. You have 110/2, 150/2.8, 50/2.8, 250/4 lenses, comparing to 120/4, 150/4, 50/4, 250/5.6 in the 500 series.
6. F-lenses give more circular bokeh due to aperture mechanism has more blades. All 500 series lenses have only 5-blade aperture mechanism.
7. Automatic mirror return for faster shooting (can be set inside camera). Just like your 35mm SLR.
8. Non-vignetting mirror, even at longer lens. So never worry about focusing and composing.
9. Able to use 3rd-party lenses after converting the lens mount or use of proper adapter. There are some factories doing this converting of lens mount. For example, the cost of lens and converting mount for Arsat 30mm fisheye is about 700 USD, comparing to a 3000 USD CZ lens.

So that’s give you a lot of thing to know if you have never encountered a 2000 series Hassy. More information can be found at this useful website: http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/Hasselblad200.html

So here is what I am selling:

1. Hasselblad 2000FCW camera body with MODIFIED SHUTTER CURTAINS - $1900.
The camera shutter has been modified by Dr. John Emmett over UK on Dec 2012. Cost me more than 500 Pound (~1000 SGD) to do this, including of shipping. The 2000 series camera usually has broken/damaged shutter curtains due to its fragile material (ultra-thin titanium), which make the camera spoilt/less accurate.
By modifying the shutter curtains with the new material, plastic-like, the shutter is now very durable and accurate.
Dr. John Emmett also gave it a whole CLA, issue certificate and test chart, these document I will give to the buyer as proof. So never worry about it, it just ready to shoot. It will take you another decade to have the camera CLA again.
Comes with caps and waist-level finder.

2. Carl Zeiss F-Planar T* 80mmf/ 2.8 - $700.
Kit lens. Very versatile. Focusing distance is closer comparing to the C/CF/CFi/CFE lenses.

3. Carl Zeiss F-Distagon T* 50mm f/2.8 - $2500
Super fast wide-angle lens. Wider open for easier focusing. Automatic built-in floating element. One of the sharpest lens by Hasselblad (along with the Sonnar 150/2.8). Guess how much you would put down for a slower 50mm 4.0 CFi FLE and still need to control the floating ring manually?
This lens is selling at Peninsula for $3900. My price saves you back $1400.
Comes with original lens hood, caps and 95mm filter (these only cost over $300)

4. Carl Zeiss F-Planar T* 110mm f/2.0 - $3500
Fastest lens every made by Hasselblad and one of the fastest in the whole Medium Format lenses. No need to say much, it’s just a beast which will melt every else that is not in focus. Very rare. It took me over 2 years to find this lens.

5. Carl Zeiss F-Sonnar T* 150mm f/2.8 - $1500
Extremely sharp/fast medium-telephoto lens even at wide-open. Forget your Planar 100/3.5 or Sonnar 180/4. Get a 16mm extension tube and your portrait will just be perfect.
NOTE: this is the only lens of mine has some fine cleaning marks, which is totally not affecting image quality since it’s a telephoto lens.

6. Carl Zeiss CF F-Distagon T* 30mm f/3.5 fisheye lens - $ 4000
Superb wide angle fisheye lens for creative shot. Extremely nice for interior and architecture shots.

7. A-12 back - $150. Works perfect.

8. 2x A-24 back - $150/each.
Works perfect, even with 120 film. I’ve always shot 120 film with this back without any problem.

9. F-Winder - $500.
Boost your shooting speed at 0.7 frame/sec continuously. Gives better handling. Works perfect.

Here is a picture of my system (note that the 150/4 is not included, the 30/3.5 is not pictured). Other pictures I've shot from this camera can be seen at my FLICKR.

My Hasselblad System :X by Hoàng Khôi, on Flickr

OTHER NOTE:

1. Price is a bit negotiable.
2. I can sell items separately if the price is met. You can combine your favorite lenses with body. I’ll give you the best price possible.
3. Take all with a special price.
4. Due to heavy system, this can only be sold at my place at 200 Jalan Sultan, evening time. I welcome all to come and take a look without obligation.
5. SMS me at nine-76-nine-nine-567.

Thank you for reading the long post.
Kevin

Contact Number: nine-76nine-nine-567

Condition of Item: 10
Warranty Status: nil

Camera body + 80mm + 110mm + film backs have been sold!

Status
Not open for further replies.