WTSell: Lens - Tamron (CanonMount) Tamron (CanonMount) 200-400mm AF LD F5.6 Constant Zoom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ombre

Sep 3, 2008
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Lens
Equipment Brand: Tamron (CanonMount)
Equipment Model: Tamron (CanonMount) 200-400mm AF LD F5.6 Constant Zoom
Price (S$): $380 current offer, $500 straight deal
Description:
Alternatively, you may negotiate with me (slightly off $500) for a straight deal offer if convenient. Currently have another offer for $380, deal in a week's time.

For sale here is a very good copy of the Tamron 200-400mm AF LD F5.6

Its a constant aperture super-zoom, with auto-focus!

This has probably got to be the best 400mm lens in the auto-focus category for canon systems. Any better would probably cost you from $500-1200+ more depending on whether you're considering the Sigma 400mm F5.6 or Canon's 100-400 or 400mm F5.6 L lenses.

On a cropped body, I find it sharp corner to corner from F7.1 onwards at 400mm. This is using a 100% cropped pixel peeping standard. The objects I tested on were some 40-60m away (buildings 2 streets away). Really impressive. Highly recommend for a budget user who wants to enter the super telephoto field.

AF is not too bad, not USM standard, but fast enough. Afterall its only about a 45 degree focusing cycle. Fast enough on my 40D to take grabshot candids.

At 1260g, its certainly hand-holdable in most daylight condition. Usually bump up the ISO to 400-650 though. This lens is still significantly lighter than the 70-200mm F2.8 + TC I tried with my uncle's system. At F7.1, the difference is sharpness is not distinctive enough for me to justify the price.

At 200mm, this lens is supposedly sharp at F5.6. I generally agree, but seldom shoot at 200mm anyway, 200mm is not the main reason I have this lens. But its good when you so happen to be closer than usual to your subjects, beats a prime.

Comes with a nice hood and tripod ring.

Selling because I may have over-estimated my need for a long lens, trying to reverse some impulse spending.

Condition 8/10 for exterior, but well kept nonetheless.
Glass probably 9.5/10, clean and clear.

I'm open to all offers, just quote me your budget and we'll discuss the price.
Though note that I'm not urgent to sell this, its a good lens to keep until I can find a better user for it.

Package/Accessories/Extras:
Hood
Filter
Caps
Tripod Ring

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 9
Warranty Status: -

Package/Accessories/Extras:
Will update in another 3 days. Thanks guys.

Lower my BNP to $480.

Deal done. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.