WTSell: Lens - Pentax M42 screwmount (usable with adaptors on Nikon/Canon/Sony/(4/3)/(M4/3) DSLR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XC Pictorial

Apr 29, 2006
www.lens.sg
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Lens
Equipment Brand: Pentax
Equipment Model: M42 screwmount (usable with adaptors on Nikon/Canon/Sony/(4/3)/(M4/3) DSLR)
Price (S$): stated below
Description:
Letting go of some Pentax manual focus, screwmount(m42) lens. Some are super takumar, some are SMC takumar. Those who have used them would know there are gems amongst this range. In particular, the most famous is 135F3.5, small little lens but pin sharp wide open. Fantastic resolution. Even the 1Ds mark2 16MP sensor cant out resolve it.

Who should use them? All film bodies that take m42 lens would be able to use this. With the right adaptor, all canon, nikon, olympus, sony bodies are able to use this lens, manual focus of course. (keen on adaptors can PM me to find out more. Note that normal adaptors sold outside for m42 to nikon are basically useless ad they dont allow you to focus to infinity, i have the proper kind of adaptors)

These M42 lens can be used directly on old film bodies or via adaptor on all modern nikon, canon, olypmus, sony KM, pentax DSLR.

For those buying the lens before, i can sell you brand new adaptors cheaply as well.

M42 to EOS - $25

M42 to Nikon with good japan glass(has coating) for focus to infinity - $40

M42 to KM/Sony bodies - $30

5. Super Takumar 50mm F1.4

Large F1.4 aperture. Excellent for low light conditions of course. Image may not be very sharp wide open, but stop down abit and its good. Another small lens good for carrying around as a spare.

Image taken with this lens:

Letting go at only $200. Got to be one of the cheapest f1.4 lens for sale around here. Slight user marks on exterior but glass is very good.

3. Super Takumar 55mm F2

Small and budget lens, yet with good performance. Compare to the canon 50f1.8 mark2, it definitely gives a better bokeh as that uses a 5 blade aperture only. in terms of image and built, this is sure more value for money provided AF is not crucial.

Lens in very good condition. Selling cheaply at only $120.

3. SMC Takumar 55mm F2

Small and budget lens, yet with good performance. Compare to the canon 50f1.8 mark2, it definitely gives a better bokeh as that uses a 5 blade aperture only. in terms of image and built, this is sure more value for money provided AF is not crucial.

Lens in very good condition. Selling cheaply at only $160.

4. Super Takumar 105mm F2.8

Hood and case not included for this lens. Lens in totally MINT condition, better than the one shown above.

For sale is a rare super takumar 105f2.8 in MINT condition. Like the others it uses a 49mm filter, thus is really small and light. But still a beautiful performer. Fantastic for portraits.

Discussions about this little gem:

http://photo.net/pentax-camera-forum/00Bq7t

" It is a very good lens for portraiture. I broke mine (Super-Tak) beyond repair but have very fond memories of it. "

" This is an excellent lens that I have used off and on for portraits for about 30 years - starting when I took a portrait class in the Army! Also it is light and handy."

" I use a 105/2.8 Super Takumar occasionally and it is an excellent portrait lens, comparable with the Canon 100/2.8 that I have but smaller and lighter. There was also an M42 SMC multicoated version too which might cope with flare better for a backlit portrait but the Super Takumar is fine with a lens hood on it. "

" The Takumars are the best screw-mount lenses ever made. The rest are no comparison but Chinon, Fujinon, Rikenon and Yashinon are not bad "

Galleries online:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157604973101206/

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/takumar/super_takumar_105mm_f2_8/

Images taken with this lens:

can see the thin depth of field and sharpness where in focus with this lens.

Mint condition lens for sale at only $250.

5. Super Takumar 135mm F3.5 SMC (SUPER Multi COATed)

One of the best known pentax lens. all who used pentax system before will know. This is one super sharp lens. Dont take my word for it, google online to find out more and come try it yourself as well.

"To combat the undesirable consequences of partial reflection, scientists developed chemical coatings to be applied to glass surfaces. These coatings increase r, and in the case of Pentax's famous Super Multi-Coating (SMC), r = 0.998! Performing the above calculation for a lens with 10 groups, we get L = 0.96, or only 4% light loss.

SMC was patented and first applied in 1971, when Pentax was still making screw mount equipment. To highlight the fact that the lens elements were super multi-coated, Pentax renamed their lens lines from Takumar and Super-Takumar to Super-Multi-Coated Takumar and later on to SMC Takumar."

"In reference 06671, Pentax claims that SMC is "a remarkable seven-layer lens coating process that cuts the reflection ratio down to just 0.2% per lens surface. The result is a dramatic improvement in both color fidelity and brightness and the elimination of flare and ghost images."

In the meantime, all optics manufacturers have developed some form of surface coating, and each claims "superior performance." In practice, most tests point that Pentax's SMC is still the best of all mainstream solutions."

Quote from material online to show how fantastic this is, together with the superior lens design giving the extremely sharp wide open performance.

Letting go cheaply at only $280. non SMC version available for $230.

6. Super Takumar 150mm F4
Looks almost identical to the 135f3.5 in terms of built and optics design, this lens is equally sharp as the former. Most of the time with me, its used on a 5D body. The lens is so sharp you can zoom in fully on the 5D images and its still pin sharp. No kidding..

Letting go at $250. Mint condition.

If keen pls call 91120589 i do not have internet access all the time.

If you want to view and not confirm buying, pls make arrangement, come to my place at my convenience.

Have been selling away quite a bit of my collection already. Buy with confidence.

Those who sms me using foreign number will not get replies. Either email or pm if you dont have a +65 (singapore number)

Contact Number: 91120589

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 9
Warranty Status: test on the spot

Status
Not open for further replies.