WTSell: Lens - Leica 15/28/35/50/90/135/180/250/35-70/75-200 Fantastic Optics (usable on R/EOS/4/3 bodies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XC Pictorial

Apr 29, 2006
www.lens.sg
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Lens
Equipment Brand: Leica
Equipment Model: 15/28/35/50/90/135/180/250/35-70/75-200 Fantastic Optics (usable on R/EOS/4/3 bodies)
Price (S$): stated below
Description:
Leica lens. Definitely the best money can buy in the market. Rarely will you find these good lens for sale here in CS, not to mention a full range available here. The Leica Rs here are the best manual lens i have tried, they combine the best of sharpness wide open, excellent micro contrast (with the images popping up at your face) and colours (leicas are reputed for that), not to mention the built of the lenses. Please note as well the prices stated are the best i can let go for. I am hestitant to let go of these good lens for sure and in no hurry to sell, thus hopefully really appreciative buyers come along.

1. Leica Super-Elmar-R 15mm f/3.5

leica_15mmsuper.jpg

Similar to condition as the above, except no box and non rom version.

" The Super-Elmar-R 15mm f/3.5 is the most extreme of the Leica wide-angle lenses (110° viewing angle). It was designed and manufactured by Carl Zeiss in Oberkochen, Germany and its optical configuration and mechanical engineering are identical to the Zeiss Distagon T* 15mm f/3.5, except for the special Leica element coatings, the built-in filters and the barrel finish.

The lens consists of 13 elements in 12 groups. The correction of optical errors is very good for this type of super wide-angle lens. Stopping down to f/8.0 delivers best quality. There is some fall-off in illumination towards the corners, but this can be almost fully reduced when stopping down slightly. Thanks to a floating element the lens maintains a high resolution at close range (minimum range is an amazing 16 cm).

The lens fills the complete frame and thus produces a rectilinear image. Filters are built-in. The incorporated lens hood is mainly intended for protection of the big front lens.

Use of this lens requires special care in order to avoid an impression of distortion when the lens is not on the theoretical central axis of an object. An ideal lens for picture-taking in confined spaces such as inside churches and buildings. Landscape and architectural photography can get a new meaning with this lens as objects close to the camera appear much larger than in reality, thus creating an impression of great spatial depth. An extreme depth-of-field makes it possible to render both near and distant objects in sharp focus.

An especially creative use of the Super-Elmar-R 15mm f/3.5 can be obtained by exploiting the exaggerated close-up perspective. The minimum focusing distance of 16 cm can render scale models as if they were life-like. A type of lens much used in advertising.

The French photo magazine Chasseur d'Images awarded this lens 3 stars for optical performance (their test system penalizes lenses with large f-stops; star results can only be compared among lenses within the same f-stop category). The German photo magazine ColorFoto awarded this lens 67.1 points (2 stars), the best lens in this category of super wide-angle lenses.

Weight: 910 gr, length from bayonet flange: 92,5 mm, built-in lens hood. Built-in filter turret (UVa, yellow, orange, blue correction).

Its Leica catalog number is 11213 or 11325 (with ROM). First introduced in 1980, discontinued in 2000 and replaced in November 2001 by the Super-Elmarit-R 15mm f/2.8 ASPH (made by Schneider in Germany). A rare lens. Only about 450 samples of this lens have been ordered from Zeiss. The inscription on the barrel says "Leitz Wetzlar". A ROM strip was added with the arrival of the R8 camera in 1996. "

The Leica 15mm, this is the WIDEST in the leica R range. Image quality is fantastic. Making use of a Carl Zeiss design, this lens gives excellent micro contrast, very nice deep saturated colours in combination to give that very nice magical "pop" in images take. This lens is probably not "value for money" but for a piece of history, for the fact its a LEICA, not a canon or nikon. It is worth the money. Like the Zeiss design, this lens has UV and 3 other colour filters built into the lens, switched by rotating a ring on the lens.

Image taken with this lens:
100_9536.jpg

Sample recently taken using this lens on the 5D mark2 via adaptor.

This lens is selling at P&G at excelsior locally at $3900. The carl zeiss version is selling at TCW at a similar price. Letting go at only $3400.

1. Leitz Wetzlar Elmarit - R 28mm F2.8

LR06009000153.jpg

The BEST 28mm lens there is, along side with the nikon AIS 28mm F2.8, all the rest pales in comparison. I dare to make this statement as i have used at least 20 other 28mm lens before. Fantastic condition as well. Just take a simple shot anywhere and you will see subject practically jumping up at you. Built wise also best among the usual canon, nikon, olympus... the only lens will comparable built is the made in Germany Zeiss.

100_6880.jpg

100_6704.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

Lens in mint condition. Glass totally clean. Letting go at only $900.

2. Leitz Wetzlar Elmarit - R 35mm F2.8

IMG_9192.jpg

IMG_9193.jpg

IMG_9194.jpg

Hood not included. Shown above are images from only. set for sale here in much better condition.

Similar to the 28mm, very sharp wide open, great micro contrast and fantastic colours. I have done comparisons with similar focal length and pixel peep.. the colours produced from the leicas are totally different. Not only on film, even in better dslr, a difference can be seen. 35mm is also good on cropped bodies as a "normal" lens. I have this lens mounted on my 1D and 40D very often.

100_6814.jpg

100_6870.jpg

IMG_9637.jpg

Lens in good condition, slight user marks.. Glass totally clean. Letting go at only $750.

4. Leitz Wetzlar Summicron - R 50mm F2

!BU3c!Lw!2k~$(KGrHgoOKj8EjlLmWyi9BKPq!tUqd!~~_1.JPG

!BU3cBNgBmk~$(KGrHgoOKjkEjlLm(yt(BKPq!wNrSg~~_1.JPG

Image for illustration. the one sold here in better condition of cos.

Despite being an F2 lens compared to the F1.8 and F1.4 offered by other brands, this lens performs exceptionally well at F2 wide open. As shown below, it trives well in low light condition and give very 3D-ish images. Great for using as a normal lens on a FF body and a portrait lens ( the wedding studio shot below was taken using the 50F2 wide open using only the modelling light of our strobes at wide open F2 on a cropped 40D body ). If you are looking for just one good 50mm in your prime collection, this has to be it.

100_7077.jpg

IMG_8679.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Lens in good condition, slight user marks. Letting go at only $600.

6. Leitz Wetzlar Macro Elmarit - R 60mm F2.8

2918062734_7124f03e50.jpg

2917219333_95d9003033.jpg

2917218863_a1e7d0bfce.jpg

2917219143_96e7ca103d.jpg

Rare lens you can find locally. The 60mm gives superb performance nothing like other normal nikon, canon similar macro lens. Sharpness at even wide open is there for sure. On top of that, you can still get the characteristic Leica's spectrum of vibrant colour, excellent micro contrast and a nice 3Dish feel of the images taken. Great for products, portraits and even for walk around as it is close to a "normal" 50mm on FF body.

Randomly chosen Images taken recently with another copy of this lens i sold earlier:

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

Lens in BRAND NEW condition (This copy is gotten from a collector letting go for cash, condition is so superb i wont be surprise its never even mounted before). Letting go only $850.

Slightly more used piece, with only slight user marks but overall still good condition at only $750.

7. Leitz Wetzlar Elmarit - R 90mm F2.8

d9a7_1.JPG

d749_1.JPG

Shown above are images from only. set for sale here in much better condition.

Good performance like the 90f2, but 1 stop slower of course. Still, its a leica. image quality and built still way more advance than similar focal length lenses available. Images produced with this lens tends to be high in contrast as well, not forgetting to mention, its sharp wide open and gives the 3D effect in images. Lens has in built retractable hood, reducing the trouble of carrying an extra one and works well to prevent flares etc.

IMG_9747.jpg

100_7910.jpg

IMG_7000.jpg

Exterior slight usage marks. Glass totally clean. Letting go at only $800. Noted that 2nd hand shops are selling about 1100 locally.

8. Leitz Wetzlar Summicron - R 90mm F2 (For sale tonight)

200881165841.jpg

200881165851.jpg

20088116591.jpg

20088116599.jpg

20088117018.jpg

Shown above are images for illustration only. Showing the gold one to collect some nose blood and drool.
The one for sale is black like the other normal ones. Mint condition. Easily pass off as new.

On of the best portrait lens in this range. My experience is that its slightly better than the nikon 85f1.4 and zeiss 85f1.4 and comparable to the 85f1.2L stopped down. Bokeh is also fantastic on this lens, which is rather heavy for its size and really built like a tank. no need more introduction, just search online to read more on it.Lens has in built retractable hood, reducing the trouble of carrying an extra one and works well to prevent flares etc.

100_6720.jpg

100_6945.jpg

Lens in mint condition. Glass totally clean. Letting go at only $1200.

9. Leitz Wetzlar Elmarit - R 135mm F2.8

leica-21.jpg

Another good lens from leica, the only other contender in this range is the 135F2L, which is larger is size but not as well built. Bokeh is beautiful, making it fabulous both half and full body shots. Lens has in built retractable hood, reducing the trouble of carrying an extra one and works well to prevent flares etc.

GJ5A2510.jpg

GJ5A2474.jpg

Lens in mint condition. Glass totally clean. Letting go at only $750. Price lowered, very good price for a good tele fast leica portrait lens.

10. Leitz Wetzlar Elmar - R 180mm F4

4bf5_1.JPG

Take one shot wide open and in focus with this lens, you will know its a gem. The colours, micro contrast, 3D feel of the lens are all amazing. Of course the leica 180f2.8 would be better, but that would easily cost 3 times the price, and be much heavier/bulky. This lens is only slightly longer than the 135, ideal for carrying around with. Lens has in built retractable hood, reducing the trouble of carrying an extra one and works well to prevent flares etc.

GJ5A2449.jpg

Lens in mint condition. Glass totally clean. Letting go at only $900.

Have got another SUPER RARE "SAFARI" camou green version. Hardcore leica fans will know how rare it is, possibly 99% of photographers might not even have seen it. Even if you are willing to pay more i doubt you can find a second copy in Singapore. Good lens with clean optics and in MINT condition. Easily pass off as new. Letting go at only $1200

11. Leitz Elmarit - R 180mm F2.8

2941141558_5e6c26ab82.jpg

683a_1.JPG

Image taken off E bay, the one sold here in way better condition.

Another dream leica lens, The sharpness, contrast, handling of this lens is superb. Just feeling the weight of the metal on your hands, you get confidence. Its smaller than other 180mmF2.8 such as nikon's but weights alot more, due to the large chunk of metal and glass. The built in hood comes in very handy as well. The bokeh is darn creamy and nice, while still retaining very nice colours and contrast in images. Amongst the leica range, i should think only the 280mm F2.8 would produce better portrait. In short, its quite a holy lens.

Images taken with it:
100_6981.jpg

Sorry for the lack of asthetic appeal of the shots, but ya, you should have gotten a rough idea the colours, contrast and sharpness of the lens. All taken with canon 5D.

Lens in very good condition. Selling only $1200. Before bargain please note that in peninsular, the 2nd hand shop near cathay photo is selling the same lens, similar condition for 2 grand... $1200 is definitely a steal price.

12. Leitz Telyrt-R 250mm F4

250-2.jpg

250-3.jpg

250-4.jpg

Image for illustration. No box.

Beautiful leica tele lens in mint condition. The lens is moderately sized and yet still has a good aperature for the focal length. definitely good to use for portraits, sports birding etc.. However its weight is not light, this is due to the very solid leica built, the brass metal parts used inside. This lens is not commonly seen, esp on in such mint condition. If it appears in those 2nd hand, it will always be price way higher than what i have got here.

The signature leica beautiful colours are there of cos, coupled with the sharpness wide open and contrast, this is a very nice lens to use. This lens is much more worth it than paying for a 300F4L

Images taken with it recently:

IMG_8844.jpg

IMG_8803.jpg

IMG_8818.jpg

Selling at only $1000.

13. Leitz Vario - Elmar - R 35-70mm F3.5 E60

2941138048_c006d7f52d.jpg

above image taken online just to show the model and built, the one sold here is good as brand new.

As shown in image taken with lens below, this lens gives very nice colours and contrast. Sharpness wide open as good as well. Rather rare leica zoom lens. The built and finishing is quite nice and different from any other manual lens i tried. For canon users, i would dare to say this lens gives nice colours than the canon 24-70F2.8L, which cost alot more.

Images shot with this lens:
IMG_0015.jpg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

Lens in BRAND NEW condition (This copy is gotten from a collector letting go for cash, condition is so superb i wont be surprise its never even mounted before). Letting go only $1200. Another set with some user marks on exterior going for only $900.

14. Leitz 75-200mm F4.5 VARIO ELMAR

4d33_12.JPG

4fdf_12.JPG

5adc_12.JPG

6036_12.JPG

Very sharp and contrasty Leica R mount lens. uses pull push design, very good for manual focusing. This lens is highly comparable to canon's 70-200F4L, but has much better built, image quality and of course, the Leica name. Its good for anything from walkabout, to macro with extension tubes to portraits.

Leica Vario-Elmar-R 75-200mm f/4.5 telephoto zoom lens. Made in Japan. One ring pro-zoom. 3 focusing cam. Built-in lens hood. Multicoated glass. Perfect fit for the Leica R3, R4, R4s, R5, R6, R7, Leica RE and Leica 6.2. Will work on Leica R8 or Leica R9 as "stop-down" metering only. Could be use on Canon EOS Digital cameras with proper adapter. Filter size is E55. Close focusing from 4 feet or 1.2 meter. Aperture range from f/4.5 to f/22. Lens is in Ex++ or 9.9 of 10 cosmetic condition. No DENTS or DINGS. Clean glass. Perfect coating. Smooth focusing. Smooth and precise zooming. Good working aperture. Smooth and CLEAN aperture blades. Original caps. Nice and light weight "every day" telephoto zoom lens.

IMG_8527.jpg

IMG_8530.jpg

IMG_8533.jpg

The amount of details it actually maintains on the eagles's head is amazing.

Lens in totally MINT unused condition. Good as buying it brand new. Selling only $800. All 2nd hand shops locally selling this lens more than 1K, 1100 the lowest i have seen, for condition not as mint as this piece here.

15. Leitz Wetzlar Extension Tube (for 100mm and 60mm macro lens)

This is leica's own extension tube. Beautiful leica exterior, very solid built. Will link to aperture control on leica lens and allow changing of aperture on the tube itself. Made for leica 60MM and 100mm Macro lenses.

Lens in BRAND NEW condition (This copy is gotten from a collector letting go for cash, condition is so superb i wont be surprise its never even mounted before). Letting go only $250.

16. BRAND NEW LEITZ EXTENDER-R 2X with caps at only $400. beautiful leica multi coated 2X teleconvertor

If keen pls call 91120589 i do not have internet access all the time.

If you want to view and not confirm buying, pls make arrangement, come to my place at my convenience.

Have been selling away quite a bit of my collection already. Buy with confidence.

Those who sms me using foreign number will not get replies. Either email or pm if you dont have a +65 (singapore number)

Contact Number: 91120589

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 10
Warranty Status: test on the spot

Status
Not open for further replies.