WTSell: Lens - Canon 10-22 F3.5-4.5 USM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: Lens
Equipment Brand: Canon
Equipment Model: 10-22 F3.5-4.5 USM
Price (S$): See inside (Options avail)
Description:
I'm retiring all my APS-C lenses from service with me.
Now, I have a load of lenses waiting to leave me. Let's start with the 10-22 F3.5-4.5 USM.

Good UWA option, around a 16-35 on a 1.6x body.
Canon's premier crop frame lens (other being 17-55).
This lens is as reviews say: Built like a tank, sharp (wide open is still good but at 4.5 its excellent), and focusses fast and accurately.

This lens has Full Time Manual: You can still MF in AF mode.
It accepts 77mm filters: If price is met, will include a Hoya filter. For this filter, rear ring loose but fits snugly.

I'll sell it at 420, NO BEST PRICE, price fixed. Whatsapp preferred over SMS.

It's a lower-mid price range vs carousell. Why me and not other guys offering 400? I'll service it for you FOC. I'll bring to a repair centre or such, and have it cleaned and spruced up so at night, we can sleep soundly. You can hug the lens to sleep, but not advisable.

This lens has a second hidden function: If you remove the canon EFS (Electrofocus Short-Back) rubber ring (Detachable), you can mount it on a full frame, with the following points to note:

1) I have tried it myself, and replaced it all properly. You must not force the ring back in: It should fit snugly.

2) It is only usable from 14mm-22mm range. From 10-13mm, there is vignetting, and the REAR OF THE LENS MAY HIT YOUR MIRROR. DO NOT USE IT UNDER 14mm AS YOUR LENS OR MIRROR will get SCRATCHED. I do not dare to do it myself, but you are liable for whatever you do once you buy.

3) It autofocusses properly on a FF camera, but I don't need it. I have the 12-24 DG HSM already.

This vs a 10-18mm F4.5-5.6 STM:

Sharper, has 1 stop aperture advantage over the 10-18, has an extra 4mm, built better.

However

AF a bit more noisy than the 10-18, around 10% heavier, has no IS (which is useless for me as most shots are tripodded).

Contact Number: 93375963

Condition of Item: 10
Warranty Status: 1 Wk personal (NO SELF INFLICTED/ACCIDENTS)

Package/Accessories/Extras:
1) Lens
2) Caps
3) UV filter if price is met
4) Free hug

Additional Comments:
Free Hug Not advisable if I'm stinky after a long day running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.