WTSell: DSLR - Canon 30D

Status
Not open for further replies.

asterixsg

May 22, 2006
Somewhere in this creation
Advertisement Category: Want To Sell (WTS)

Equipment Type: DSLR
Equipment Brand: Canon
Equipment Model: 30D
Price (S$): FREE
Description:
I have two Canon 30D bodies, both in good working condition. One is 4 years old, the other is 6 months younger. They have served me well and faithfully travelled the world with me and have recorded wonderful memories for me (you can check my posts in the Travel section as proof).

The time has come to pass them on to someone who wants to pick up photography as a hobby.

For now, I am putting the FIRST camera up for grabs. I will see the response from this AD and then put up the second camera later. So, for now, only ONE camera is on offer.

You must be wondering "What's the catch ?". So, here it is...

I don't need the money from this sale, but I would like you to do something.

I would like you to pick a charity in Singapore that you are comfortable with and donate the money that you would've paid for a 2nd hand Canon 30D body.

Please pick a charity that is already not so well funded. I could recommend you a few - I do give my time to a few needy ones, but then I want you to do a bit of homework as well.

Please get in touch with me, tell me which charity you are going to donate to and how much you are going to donate. Only when we both agree the charity and the amount that you are going to donate, I will reserve the camera for you. Show me the receipt for the money you donated (it should be dated later than today's date) and the camera is yours.

Please do not donate the money until you would've contacted me and we've confirmed the deal.

There is such a thing called trust in this world, but its so easy to misuse it. That's the reason I came up with this idea. I could've as well given it away to the first person who would've responded to this post, but I wanted to give it to someone who deserves it most.

As always, do note that you are picking up an electronic item second hand. These things have a life and they could die in your hands as much as they could've died in mine. I am letting go of these cameras with a clear conscience that they are in good working condition. If you are not comfortable picking up a second hand DSLR, then don't.

I would rate the bodies an 8, but I will keep it at a conservative 7.

The original charger, one original battery, one 3rd party battery, ONE 1Gb CF card, and the cables that accompany the package are included.

I am sorry, but I have misplaced the Canon CDs that were supplied. I really don't know how to check the shutter count, or else I would've posted it here.

You are most welcome to inspect the camera before you donate the money, but lets respect each others' time. I have a life and I have a lot of things to do too. So, please don't do such things as confirm a meetup and not show up OR come to inspect the camera when you are not interested in picking it up. Thanks.

If there are no takers, I will close this thread on midnight, Sunday, 6th June.

Thanks for reading this post and have a nice day.

Condition of Item (as per guidelines): 7
Warranty Status: None

Thanks for all the inquiries, offers and responses. I can't reply to every single one of those PMs. So, leaving this note.

I should've put a price to the 30D rather than saying its FREE. Apologies for that.

I will give you the 30D if you pay S$488 to a Singapore Registered charity and show me proof of receipt. The first person who offers to pay this amount will also get the Canon 18-55mm non-IS kit lens FREE

Thanks for the offers so far. But they are way below what one would pay for a used 30D Camera.

My proposal still holds good. If no one comes forward, I will treat it as a social experiment and close the thread on Sunday night.

Have a nice day.

End of the social experiment.

I had reduced the amount to S$388 for students who had approached me. But they felt it still was too high for them. I can understand totally. I've been through that phase in life too.

Anyways, it was an interesting experience.

I'll probably give it off free to someone I think deserves it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.