WTS : Tokina ATX Pro II 28-70mm f/2.6-2.8 (Split thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:gbounce:

the lens is very heavy,

and it has no macro, or micro.

and it has a mininum distance of 70CM!!!

yes, overall, i regret having this lenses, i highly recommend you guys to pay for the

SIGMA Aspherical, 28-70mm F2.8

lighter, and mininum distance of 30cm!!!

Originally posted by maxtheevil
the lens is very heavy,

and it has no macro, or micro.

and it has a mininum distance of 70CM!!!

yes, overall, i regret having this lenses, i highly recommend you guys to pay for the

SIGMA Aspherical, 28-70mm F2.8

lighter, and mininum distance of 30cm!!!
Hahaha.... Dats wat I tot so too. Was really hardup 4 the Tokina until I test drived the Sigma....
The Sigma is really under-rated as compared to the Tokina.

Was thinking of the 24-70mm F2.8 constant for the Sigma though.
But a 82mm thread, sheez... Filter will cost alot man...

If you guys wanna discuss about other lens, please start a new thread

no matter what,

the price difference u save from the tokina 28-70mm lens, compared to buying an older lenses such as 28-70mm sigma F2.8 lens (which uses 77mm filter) is still better

i advise all people using film camera to buy the 24-70mm sigma lens, f2.8 one

it is 40cm minimum focusing distance, lighter, and you get 4mm off, which makes it better, as i always feel 28 and 35mm feels the same, but 24 compared to 35mm, is much wider indeed

but people using digicam, go for the 28-70 sigma f2.85 lens, cos, if you got the 1.5X factor, the 24mm is not so attractive, as it becomes, 32mm, which to me , personally, i find it too expensive to pay for such difference

to the chap selling the cam, i know you most probably hate me for doing this,

think on the brighter side, i made the same mistake too,

and i hope others don't make the same mistake...

sorry

i understand that you are one of the mods,

but you are a seller too,

and it is a duty to inorm the potential buyers the pit falls of this lenses, if they choose to buy it from you, at least they chose their poison knowingly,

this is what is the difference of the success of the clubsnap buy sell forum,

if not it would be like a second hand shop, such as, shops on second floors at peninsula, which sells second hand gds, and claim it is new,

the difference here is buyers in this forum can get a dose of honesty!

and this is why i support this forum.

i hope it will still be so.

thank you.

Maxtheevil :

Hehehe

Interested people will know what the lens can offer and will have made a comparison with other lens and other research that's neccessary.

thanx for pushing up the publicity too :)

To : maxtheevil

As a newbie in photography, i do appreciate what your comments abt the lens. I was interested in the lens when i first saw the advert until i realised how heavy it can be i changed my mind. What i feel is that you should have shared your invaluable opinions and comments about the lens under the
'Consumers Corner' rather than in someone else's ad. It is up to the buyers to be resourceful enough to seek reviews before purchasing the 'poison'. Just my personal view. Bravo to your heroic act tho! :p

well, at least i did my part to inform,

and it is nice of you to not see you remove the thread,,,,

on the pushing up pubilicity part, as i said earlier, well, if someone were to buy from you this lense, at least he knows more about this lense now, and he is buying it from you knowingly,

but, it makes me wonder about your intention?

would you not tell them about the pros and cons of your lens?

and my intention here is this, and clear,

to prevent people from buying things they might not know, and it seems, you are not very pro that, i can understand that as you are just another seller, looking from tttttthe viewpt of those second hand shops, i can understand,,,

life is not always clearly distinct into black and white....

that's why i like B&W pictures, at least it makes me believe it still exist.

to the owner of this lenses,

as i have said, i am one of the victims too, so what goes around comes around, i am holding on to this lenses too.

i hope that makes your day :)

i know it will!

hehehe

i understand that you are one of the mods,

but you are a seller too,

and it is a duty to inorm the potential buyers the pit falls of this lenses, if they choose to buy it from you, at least they chose their poison knowingly...
maxtheevil,

i do see your point in raising your POV, but i'd just like to bring out a few points...

- Keito is a mod, yes (and so am i) but we're not mods in Buy & Sell, but in other sections. so in any other sections, we're just normal members.i think it's quite misunderstood that mods get special treatment or are free to exercise (even abuse) their so called powers. besides, like you pointed out, this is a open forum, and Keito is just trying to sell his gear like any other member.

- i see your good intentions in raising the "pitfalls" of this lens, but that's quite a personal viewpoint. many of us have used this lens before and are very happy with the results (ckiang, funsoulava, Bluestrike comes to mind). they can give you very solid testament of the performance of this lens. which brings me to my third point...

- while the Tokina does suffer from the long minimum focussing distance as you raised, optically it's one of the best mid-range zooms you can find around. It's based on the legendary Angenieux lenses, and is "VERY sharp from f/4 onwards. Acceptable at f/2.8" according to ckiang. Besides, it's built like a tank and body quality wise i'd say is sturdier than the Sigma. Value-wise, it's very bang for the buck.

if i didn't already have a mid-zoom lens, i'd be very tempted to get the lens from Keito.

again, i'd like to emphasise, i'd speaking as a member here, not a mod. just my honest 2 cents.

but, it makes me wonder about your intention?

would you not tell them about the pros and cons of your lens?

what makes you think so ?

As i have already said, interested buyers will check the specs and any relevant information. They can ask me about information of the lens too, user experience, optics etc.

I wonder what your intentions were now after initially giving u the benefit of the doubt of providing more information.

This is a buy sell forum, not a review forum, so no need to list out pro con of a lens when selling. Seller just have to mention the condition of the stuff he/she is selling and buyer should have checked review else way.

maxtheevil, u only mention about how good the Sigma is and how bad the Tokina is...but is there any con on the Sigma? If u wanna comment on a lens (or two), then do a review and post in CS. It is rude to post in other's buysell saying that the lens is bad and louzy.

maxtheevil, it's only your personal view of the lens. I'm using one myself and I'm please with it. It's all personal preference when comes to using lens....

Originally posted by extreme2
maxtheevil, it's only your personal view of the lens. I'm using one myself and I'm please with it. It's all personal preference when comes to using lens....

i'm using this lense too and i like it alot. infact this is the lense i use the most albeit is slightly on the heavier side.

Thanx adam

can u change the title as well ? heehee

for mods of clubsnap,

i am ashame of you today,

and you are no diff from the secod hand shops i deal with,

dodgy,

you dare not put the cons of your lens, and simply becos, you want the next 'joe' to save your ass.

looks like you dun see the long tem effect of this....

why did you remove all the threads, that had my opinions, and the people who suppported my opinions????

CROOKS

Sure, by all means, start the name calling/flame baiting.

It would definately make you look alot more mature than you already are.

If you want to discuss or talk about the pros and cons of a lense, fair enough. Have the courtesy to do so in another thread, such as technical discussion or otherwise.

No one is looking to con anyone. If you are looking at Keito being a mod as well as a seller, then onus is on him to deal fairly. Above all, he has a reputation as a seller to uphold. I don't see why he has to stoop to a certain level to get his lense sold.

So far, the seller himself has offered a product for sale. He didn't state anything, neither the pros or cons of the lense. A person who is buying the lense would have to know what he/she is buying. The buyer himself can also ask for opinions in a seperate thread if need be.

However, along comes someone who owns the same lense and starts on all the cons of the lense and not much else besides. If you intention is to educate and share, sure. But once again, have the decency and courtesy which you lack, to do so in a seperate thread.

It would be dodgy if he only highlighted the positive aspect, pushed for a quick sale and nothing else. Get off your supposed moral high horse and go take a long look at your own mentality and re-read the entire thread again. You seem to be the one harping on the fact that the Sigma lense is so much better than the Tokina... fair enough. But i don't hear you stating the cons. Who is being biased and dodgy?

Do not take out your frustration out on the seller who you deem to behaved like a 2nd hand shop. He wasn't the one who cheated you.

Whatever that has happened is between you and whatever shop you dealed with. Just because you lacked courage to tell off the shop assistant after buying that lense doesn't mean you can come here, with all the dutch courage you can muster and start venting it.

You have enough people here who aren't "mods" who are already telling you off. Don't further embaress yourself.

If all you can harp upon is the fact that the "mods" are crooks and beyond that, nothing else to substantiate, then i suggest you refrain from doing so. It only reflect badly upon yourself and nothing else.

Why bother with internet trolls who are most likely losers in life who can only attract attention on the internet by displaying their complete ignorance and stupidity?

I hope this person has something to sell on Clubsnap, then we will all have an opportunity to 'educate' all potential buyers on the 'cons' of his products, while conveniently forgeting to mention the 'pros'.

Kudos to Larry, Woldgang (especially) and other owners of this superb lens (which I proudly own and use 90% of the time) for their objective replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.