WTS: 12" ibook.


Status
Not open for further replies.

junda

New Member
Jun 2, 2003
16
0
0
homepage.mac.com
#1
Hi all,

Have the above to sell in excellent condition, see to believe!

Specs:
12" ibook G3, 800mhz. 30gb hd, 384mb ram and combo drive.

Excellent if you wanna carry your extensive portfolio on the move. Going for $1800 neg. Interested please email to sean.tan@mac.com.

regards.
 

A

andylee

Guest
#5
sykestang said:
Hey why can't you guys read the Rules on Posting in this Buy & Sell Forum... Strictly for Photography Equipments ONLY!!!

:angry:
Hi sykestang, selling PC should be approve in Kopitiam. there is no need to get such a big reaction. :bsmilie: The MODERATORS will warn them if they post in the wrong place. tat's wat MODERATORS are for.
 

snappist

New Member
Sep 2, 2003
82
0
0
#6
sykestang said:
Hey why can't you guys read the Rules on Posting in this Buy & Sell Forum... Strictly for Photography Equipments ONLY!!!

:angry:
in this time and age with the advent of digital photography, a pc/mac is an integral part of the digital photographer's "tool kit".

What's wrong with advertising mac or pc in this forum???
I bet most DSLR users would bring along a mac/pc laptop in their travels in size/weight/cost are in their favor.

mac/pc should be considered and important photographic auxilliary equipment.

get it into your head first.. to prevent unnecessary outbursts like what was observed.
 

A

andylee

Guest
#7
snappist said:
in this time and age with the advent of digital photography, a pc/mac is an integral part of the digital photographer's "tool kit".

What's wrong with advertising mac or pc in this forum???
I bet most DSLR users would bring along a mac/pc laptop in their travels in size/weight/cost are in their favor.

mac/pc should be considered and important photographic auxilliary equipment.

get it into your head first.. to prevent unnecessary outbursts like what was observed.
snappist,
Agree...

sykestang,
As the rules say so, no posting of PC or HDD or card-reader etc in the buy and sell forum.So we post here to sell other stuffs.

snappist,
like what you say, digital photography is the in thing now, mac or pc is link to it.......
 

sykestang

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2003
5,550
0
36
45
studiospace
sykestang.clubsnap.org
#8
andylee said:
Hi sykestang, selling PC should be approve in Kopitiam. there is no need to get such a big reaction. :bsmilie: The MODERATORS will warn them if they post in the wrong place. tat's wat MODERATORS are for.
Hey believe it is just moved here... earlier was in the Buy & Sell Forum. Of cos, I strongly agree that such post should be in the KopiTiam Forum. :)
 

A

andylee

Guest
#9
sykestang said:
Hey believe it is just moved here... earlier was in the Buy & Sell Forum. Of cos, I strongly agree that such post should be in the KopiTiam Forum. :)
Was it??? Eh don't they put the words "Thread moved to kopitiam" when they move threads???

Sorry if there is any misunderstanding sykestang... :embrass:
 

sykestang

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2003
5,550
0
36
45
studiospace
sykestang.clubsnap.org
#10
snappist said:
in this time and age with the advent of digital photography, a pc/mac is an integral part of the digital photographer's "tool kit".

What's wrong with advertising mac or pc in this forum???
I bet most DSLR users would bring along a mac/pc laptop in their travels in size/weight/cost are in their favor.

mac/pc should be considered and important photographic auxilliary equipment.

get it into your head first.. to prevent unnecessary outbursts like what was observed.
Believe that this is still a ClubSnap website, not ClubIT or ClubDigitalSnap website... :bsmilie:

Please think abt the situation as a whole. If we should allow PC and Mac system to post in the main Buy & Thread, then follow on would be Harddisk, RAM, VGA Cards, Keyboard and Mouse... reasons, because PC and MACs eventually still need an upgrade as technology advances. Then comes a day when you tried to sell your camera for an upgrade, but would not be able to reasons being, the Buy & Sell Forum will be crowded with IT people looking for cheap deals rather than a fellow photographer who can appreciate your gear. Not to mentioned the difficulty in search for your camera post when all is crowded with IT stuff.

Do bear in mind, almost 98% Singaporean Homes have a PC and less than 8% Singaporean homes have at least a SLR gear and is fully in use. So with this ratio, we can convert the website to ClubIT in less than a 6 months!!!

Hope you understand that, my bombards on such thread is for the good sake for the majority who can appreciate the services given by this website and the clubsnappers communities.

For info, I've bombard a total of 2 of such posts yesterday in the Buy&Sell Forum, so far only 1, which is this, have been moved to the Kopitiam forum, whereas the other still remains in the B&S forum. Thus this shows the limitations of the Moderators here... not blaming them as they have done a very good job so far :thumbsup: , but do understand that they are just humans who needed sometime for themselves also, can't be 24hrs on the screen.

Therefore I strongly urge the support of the majority to vouch and sound the right ethics to those few inconsiderate fellows.... :nono:
 

sykestang

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2003
5,550
0
36
45
studiospace
sykestang.clubsnap.org
#11
Just to add on a few of my personal feels on IT stuff that I can bear to be posted in the main Buy&Sell Forum...

1. Memory Cards for Digital Camera, CF/SD/XD/MMC/MS/SmartMedia

2. XDrive devices that can read Memory Cards on the go

3. LCD Screen protectors for Digital Cam Sizes only

4. USB cables/transfer interface devices that can directly with the camera to the PC

5. Memory Cards Readers Devices

6. Software licenses that comes with the Camera Only, ie Photoshop Elements, Olympus Campedia, Minolta Dimage Viewer, Nikon CoolView, etc However please bear in mind that even Adobe PhotoShop itself should be banned as it is a commerical software for PC graphic designing not exactly designed for photography use in the first place.

7. Scanners that can take in Films and Negative. (in fact I already notice jokers trying to sell common scanners that can scan photos in the B&S forum)

Anyone wish to add on and comments is welcome. But please think first before you add to the list above... cos don't be surprise, I might 'bombard' you!!! :bsmilie:

Just to share with you guys, the other thread I bombard yesterday is a joker trying to sell a graphics tablet and still wants to argue with me that it is for photo editing use!!!

Please lah... I'm in the IT line for 14yrs from starting a shop in Funan selling PCs and hardware to now working as a network engineer... I dare say, I know the uses of most hardware than most of you guys here! Don't try to con me lah!!! :nono:
 

sykestang

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2003
5,550
0
36
45
studiospace
sykestang.clubsnap.org
#12
andylee said:
Was it??? Eh don't they put the words "Thread moved to kopitiam" when they move threads???

Sorry if there is any misunderstanding sykestang... :embrass:
That's not so sure about putting the words... but I did saw it in the B&S thread last night, as I don't come to this kopitiam thread unless like now... being invited over... :bsmilie:

Anyway, I'm glad that it is here now...

Hey Junda... If I've bombard you wrongly in the first place, my sincere apologies... please understand that I'm doing this for the good sake for every user here, frankly I'm not that 'free' to bark at everyone's post. :bsmilie:
 

Aug 15, 2003
63
0
6
North-East
Visit site
#13
Skyestang, calm down...

No.1: The Thread WAS found originally on the kopitiam sub-forum as the scripting for being moved to Kopitiam was not found, nor has the moderator's comments were inputted into the thread about moving.

No.2: Regardless of whether this is a "computer fair" or a "camera fair", the kopitiam forum is about expression, expression of just about anything. I can understand if the thread went into the "buy and sell" sub-forum but it did not.

No.3: I think the guidelines of the different sub-forums are very clear, I also realise that the moderators have a constant eye on the forum, most moved threads are moved almost instanteously.

with every reply we sent, we should be mindful about what our arguments are. A thread to sell remotely related equipment is not uncommon in other forums and if the seller is adhering to the basic guidelines of the forum, then there shouldn't be a problem at all. We also cannot pre-conceive use of hardware and software in pre-contrived context. Photoshop may be a graphic design software BUT it was designed to enhance photos primarily; as such there is nothing wrong with people who have legitimately bought the software and use it for their digital photography.

It is no wonder that the computer industry is so sectarian if the idea that there are seperate users in the market are so closely guarded and demarcated. In the case of Photoshop, is there a better software out there that can do the job? And if majority of users think photoshop makes the best out of their photographs, so be it, regardless of it being a commercial software.

In the case of a person selling a tablet PC, he may have bought it to use for his digital photographics and prefer the more sensitive nature of the tablet, what's
wrong with that? Are you pre-supposing the uses of people without knowing them? I think that is very judgemental.

What people sell or buy is up to the parties related. All we can do is offer advice on whether the object related does do its job properly. There is no respect for individuals by pre-supposing the usage and context of the object and disclaiming it as a con.

Your occupation and experience may put you ahead of any one of us here, but in present times of information democratisation, knowledge base is always readily available if the buyer choose to seek it.

As for the posters of the threads, as long as they adhere to the guidelines, it is perfectly alright to post. I am sure that the moderators are looking out for rogue threads and I am sure that they will respond appropriately.
 

A

andylee

Guest
#14
To be frank with you skyestang,I think that your tone is too hash. I believe the poster of that thread is a new member, we should try to let them know that it's wrong to post there instead of just slamming them. As a photography community, we should co-exists with each other peacefully. We are all human beings,we can be educated...I believe the moderators will do a good job of educating those new members,as such, I think it's best that we let the moderators do the job instead.
 

Aug 15, 2003
63
0
6
North-East
Visit site
#15
I agree with Andy... A simple "moderator, I think this is in the wrong sub-forum" is sufficient. It is precisely because there are other things related to photography and a sense of community spirit-ness that there is a kopitiam sub-forum. If what you (skyestang) predicate as a true photography forum, then MANY threads should not be in this forum at all.

The Moderators and Admin recognise this as a sub-forum to talk about other things which are unrelated to photography as we should respect that even though we have our own ideas about what a forum should be.

Also, I take issue with the harshness of your postings towards Junda. I think it is unwarranted and it will only influence other new members against posting or worse still, not coming back to the forums. Organised SEEDs and newie tables will be bare very quickly if our attitudes towards new people are so impatient.


andylee said:
To be frank with you skyestang,I think that your tone is too hash. I believe the poster of that thread is a new member, we should try to let them know that it's wrong to post there instead of just slamming them. As a photography community, we should co-exists with each other peacefully. We are all human beings,we can be educated...I believe the moderators will do a good job of educating those new members,as such, I think it's best that we let the moderators do the job instead.
 

~Radish~

New Member
Feb 26, 2003
501
0
0
41
Visit site
#16
Can we stop all this kind of childish postings? It's kind of getting out of hand. Let the moderators do the work and the rest who are not interested in buying, just STFU.
 

A

andylee

Guest
#17
~Radish~ said:
Can we stop all this kind of childish postings? It's kind of getting out of hand. Let the moderators do the work and the rest who are not interested in buying, just STFU.
Hello Mr Raddish,

How do you know if I'm gonna BUY or NOT?!? And YES, I agree with you, we all know that it's moderators job to educate the new members, that's what we have been telling in our earlier post....
 

#19
junda said:
Hi all,

Have the above to sell in excellent condition, see to believe!

Specs:
12" ibook G3, 800mhz. 30gb hd, 384mb ram and combo drive.

Excellent if you wanna carry your extensive portfolio on the move. Going for $1800 neg. Interested please email to sean.tan@mac.com.

regards.
PMed u.
is the ibook babe sold?
i seeked permission to post here.... ;)
 

#20
junda said:
Hi all,

Have the above to sell in excellent condition, see to believe!

Specs:
12" ibook G3, 800mhz. 30gb hd, 384mb ram and combo drive.

Excellent if you wanna carry your extensive portfolio on the move. Going for $1800 neg. Interested please email to sean.tan@mac.com.

regards.
hey brother!!!!!!

the ibook still there or not? PMed u leh...
reply thanx...

wa...post here mux seek permission ah!!! hahahaha
jus kidding!
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom