WTR Canon 70-200 F2.8 coming Sunday sister's wedding


Status
Not open for further replies.

hagenuk

New Member
Feb 27, 2002
140
0
0
49
Singapore
Visit site
Is there is any kind soul willing to rent Canon 70-200 F2.8 for just a day. PM me if you do.

Thanks !
 

clive

Senior Member
Oct 9, 2002
2,536
0
0
Visit site
i can lend u. price u state a decent one can already.
 

clive

Senior Member
Oct 9, 2002
2,536
0
0
Visit site
hey wait. when is the wedding? im very free these days..i can also bring all my gear along and help u cover the wedding. as in my shots will be the "reserve" shots that u may need some in case of "emergency". if u pick any of my shots u can just take them they belogn to u. all this in exchange for a small decent fee for the 70-200L and soem free lunch and some real life experience in shooting weddigns . can call 98478683 to confirm wif me if u take my deal ;-)
 

headlesschook

New Member
Jun 12, 2004
135
0
0
no wonder "tan bo chiak" this days.
 

dkw

New Member
Dec 10, 2003
1,051
0
0
CCK
Visit site
clive said:
hey wait. when is the wedding? im very free these days..i can also bring all my gear along and help u cover the wedding. as in my shots will be the "reserve" shots that u may need some in case of "emergency". if u pick any of my shots u can just take them they belogn to u. all this in exchange for a small decent fee for the 70-200L and soem free lunch and some real life experience in shooting weddigns . can call 98478683 to confirm wif me if u take my deal ;-)
Wah lau Clive, y u spoil market ;) .

I know you mean well, but seriously, I would not offer to this free unless it is for close friends or relatives, not very fair to the guys here who make a living from this.

Just me thots, take care!
 

clive

Senior Member
Oct 9, 2002
2,536
0
0
Visit site
oops...ehehe..er..didnt realise got the other side of the picture.. :sweat: :angel: dunno if mr hagenuk himself is the "comissioned pro tasked to cover the wedding" or if he is the "enthusiatic family member wanting to get good pics for his sister"...paiseh paiseh ..my motive was just to lend a lens for a small small fee, pop down say hello, shake hand wif mr hagenuk himself, chat abit about photography, witness a wedding ceremony, lend myself to help mr hagenuk cover more angles; if he is the "commissioned pro" then i be his freePA for that day, if he is not the "commissined pro" then me n mr hagenuk still take a few shots by the side but dont onstruct the commisioned pro, ..u know, that kind of fun arrangement..guess i being too friendly liaoz..kekeke =)
 

drebel

New Member
Mar 7, 2004
182
0
0
clive said:
hey wait. when is the wedding? im very free these days..i can also bring all my gear along and help u cover the wedding. as in my shots will be the "reserve" shots that u may need some in case of "emergency". if u pick any of my shots u can just take them they belogn to u. all this in exchange for a small decent fee for the 70-200L and soem free lunch and some real life experience in shooting weddigns . can call 98478683 to confirm wif me if u take my deal ;-)
Clive.. why dont you organise Clubsnap Wedding Photo outings instead? :bsmilie: gather 10 photogs and go cover hagenuk's sis.?
 

hagenuk

New Member
Feb 27, 2002
140
0
0
49
Singapore
Visit site
Thanks for so many replies... Actually i'm the only photographer for my sister. Btw, i'm not paid, only asking for an ang bao and she pay for the developing.

I'm not a pro, but do have a few experience covering friends wedding.

Used to own a few lens, but sold off most of them since I have no time to shoot. Thought of getting a new 70-200 f2.8, but than I think it will be another white elephant in the dry cabinet, so might as well if possible rent it from some kind soul :)
 

y0ngcheng

Senior Member
Nov 24, 2003
1,811
0
36
32
新加坡
drebel said:
Clive.. why dont you organise Clubsnap Wedding Photo outings instead? :bsmilie: gather 10 photogs and go cover hagenuk's sis.?
sorry for the OT.. but cannot stand it.


:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

Minoxman

Deregistered
Feb 27, 2004
390
0
0
Pay the photographer money and he'll shoot anything. Don't pay, go shoot yourself. That's the market now. Whatever happen to the love of photography?
 

zekai

Senior Member
May 10, 2002
1,729
2
38
Singapore
Visit site
actually i bought the 70-200 to a wedding once.... no use for it leh...
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,820
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
hagenuk said:
Thanks for so many replies... Actually i'm the only photographer for my sister. Btw, i'm not paid, only asking for an ang bao and she pay for the developing.

I'm not a pro, but do have a few experience covering friends wedding.

Used to own a few lens, but sold off most of them since I have no time to shoot. Thought of getting a new 70-200 f2.8, but than I think it will be another white elephant in the dry cabinet, so might as well if possible rent it from some kind soul :)
u had been convering friends wedding b4, then u should know unless there is outdoor shoot, or church wedding at churches where the pastor/priest do not wish to see flashlights and photographer, the 70-200 f/2.8 is virtually useless.
 

blurblock

Senior Member
May 30, 2003
3,820
0
0
ytphoto.clubsnap.org
Minoxman said:
Pay the photographer money and he'll shoot anything. Don't pay, go shoot yourself. That's the market now. Whatever happen to the love of photography?
Love for photography got to be substained with bread on the dinner table .....
 

dkw

New Member
Dec 10, 2003
1,051
0
0
CCK
Visit site
blurblock said:
u had been convering friends wedding b4, then u should know unless there is outdoor shoot, or church wedding at churches where the pastor/priest do not wish to see flashlights and photographer, the 70-200 f/2.8 is virtually useless.
Hi there BB,
I was intending to use exactly that lens for my sis's wedding ;p , why do you say it is useless? Wouldn't it be good for indoor candid portraits? Be happy to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,
 

zekai

Senior Member
May 10, 2002
1,729
2
38
Singapore
Visit site
dkw said:
Hi there BB,
I was intending to use exactly that lens for my sis's wedding ;p , why do you say it is useless? Wouldn't it be good for indoor candid portraits? Be happy to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

well, my 2 cents worth. Indoor is normally too cramped to use a 70-200.. even at 70 the crop is too tight. In wedding, the fav is 16-35 and 24-70.

most of the time end up shooting wide.
 

dkw

New Member
Dec 10, 2003
1,051
0
0
CCK
Visit site
blurblock said:
Love for photography got to be substained with bread on the dinner table .....
Heh heh! So true. I know clive has good intentions, and is volunteering out of 'love for photography'. But I think pro photogs are facing a lot of price pressure these days, and for serious hobbyists like you and me with pro level equipment to come in and offer all-comers FREE service must be very disheartening. Of course our skill level may not match the pros, but it will still create downward price pressure if every hobbyist here offers to shoot for free.

For me its a hobby, for others, its bread and butter.....

Just my personal thots, YMMV.

Cheers,
 

hagenuk

New Member
Feb 27, 2002
140
0
0
49
Singapore
Visit site
blurblock said:
u had been convering friends wedding b4, then u should know unless there is outdoor shoot, or church wedding at churches where the pastor/priest do not wish to see flashlights and photographer, the 70-200 f/2.8 is virtually useless.
actually the 70-200 is more for outdoor shoot only, for indoor i still have a 28-70 f2.8.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.