WTH: Someone in STOMP! used my pictures without permission!

Status
Not open for further replies.

synapseman

May 6, 2003
State of Confusion
www.pbase.com
Article here: http://reallife.stomp.com.sg/reallife/displayVideoDetail.do?videoId=3560 (or try www.reallife.sg)

I only chanced upon this article because I saw an ad for it on yesterday's (Sunday Nov 25) papers. I suspected the image used could be mine as the framing was exactly the same as my original shots.

I am outraged for two reasons:

1) They used my images without permission.
2) They used my images to promote their spook hunt. When I shot Istana Woodneuk, it was meant to be a record of slices of S'pore's History.

:thumbsd:

View the video, and look at these pics. Any similarities?

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Which part of "Images may not be downloaded, hotlinked and/or used without my expressed permission" do they not understand??

Article here: http://reallife.stomp.com.sg/reallife/displayVideoDetail.do?videoId=3560

I only chanced upon this article because I saw an ad for it on yesterday's (Sunday Nov 25) papers. I suspected the image used could be mine as the framing was exactly the same as my original shots.

I am outraged for two reasons:

1) They used my images without permission.
2) They used my images to promote their spook hunt. When I shot Istana Woodneuk, it was meant to be a record of slices of S'pore's History.

:thumbsd:

View the video, and look at these pics. Any similarities?

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Which part of "Images may not be downloaded, hotlinked and/or used without my expressed permission" do they not understand??

I can smell blood from a lawyer already.....

Summon the lynchmob!!!

i would like to get even with people who leech my exploration photos as well, but i do not know how as well. They edit abit, then "become" their own photos oredi. :angry:

Maybe, if they used my images to talk about the rich history of S'pore or the beauty of the place, I can still swallow.

...what I just cannot accept is that they've used my shots to talk about ghosts and hauntings. I've never liked STOMP! personally, and to have my images associated with such stories in such a website greatly upsets me.

sign... afraid u can't sue him bro... thats the problem with online posting of pictures... the res is enough for him to make it into a video but not print... and although from the shadows we can more of less tell that its the same pictures we cannot however prove that he is unable to duplicate the effort...

really have to watermark our pictures... else you never know what it can be used for... :angry:

so far i don't think we're very proactive in protecting the intellectual property of writer/photographers unless you're in the press industry... or a lawyer...

prob can raise a case against him but its only 50% chance of winning...

good luck bro...

just for info. not all applies to singapore laws...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agreement_on_Trade-Related_Aspects_of_Intellectual_Property_Rights

wa, some more they crop until the composition damn suck

QUICK, PWN THEM..

it's apparently from their dvd.. someone gonna get into trouble!

sign... afraid u can't sue him bro... thats the problem with online posting of pictures... the res is enough for him to make it into a video but not print... and although from the shadows we can more of less tell that its the same pictures we cannot however prove that he is unable to duplicate the effort...

If one pic, maybe it's a possibility to duplicate the effort.

But four? And all the angles, distortions, shadows, reflections and the distances between every point in each photo are exactly the same.

Anyway, I've saved a copy of the video for future reference.

all the best bro. Prob best if that guy can just remove the posting. Legally i don't see any other thing that can be done cause he isn't making any profit...yet... if he has then AH... got some case liao :think:

remember to be :cool: don't be physical hor :sweat:

SIGH ... the things people will do, assuming it's provable.

You've left a note on their comments - why not wait to see what they say?

Piece of crap. I feel for you bro.

And next time, consider that big fugly watermark across your pictures.

Yes, you might get 'accused' of being a 'spoil sport' of 'not sharing' your photos. But hey, screw that man. At least its better than having your photos leeched right?
And speaking of which, I think I'd gotta upsize my watermarking liaoz.

I think the STOMPer stole your pictures precisely because he/she's a retard(as wif STOMP) and cannot understand whats the meaning of copyright.

I think the STOMPer stole your pictures precisely because he/she's a retard(as wif STOMP) and cannot understand whats the meaning of copyright.
it was a STOMP production and not submitted by a STOMPer

it was a STOMP production and not submitted by a STOMPer

aha..the fire's gonna be bigger.
Since it was done by a organisation/whole u can sue Singapore Press Holdings instead since they own STOMP.Ask for $1 million as punitive and another $500,000 as compensation:bsmilie:
That would blow the case out of proportions and land it in The High Court.

Anyway,STOMP itself is a stupid website - nothing good ever comes out of that website.

Piece of crap. I feel for you bro.

And next time, consider that big fugly watermark across your pictures.

Yes, you might get 'accused' of being a 'spoil sport' of 'not sharing' your photos. But hey, screw that man. At least its better than having your photos leeched right?
And speaking of which, I think I'd gotta upsize my watermarking liaoz.

If let's say someone go and leech my shots and talk about the beauty of the place, etc, maybe (just maybe!) I can tahan. But they go and use my shots and talk about ghosts! As a self-professed urban explorer, IMHO I feel that this is highly insulting to the place. I'm really trembling with rage!

I've e-mailed both to STOMP! and the people at supernatural.sg. Now waiting to hear what they have to say.

If StOMP does not remove the offending pictures in 24 hrs,send a lawyer letter to Singapore Press Holdings.

Status
Not open for further replies.