WTH is in the Indian rojak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad to just read about it. My condolences to the families.

No idea.
Maybe something went wrong with the sauce.
Its yummy though their rojak.
Used to frequent the stall with my colleagues during lunch break.

Something went wrong somewhere. I don't think we should boycott eating rojak, because of that.

GMAN

Remember the recent Salmonella outbreak in certain raw, red Tomatoes in the States?

I believe that some of the ingredients might have had massive doses of bacteria.

These things happen from time to time!

Hmm... Reminds me... Long time never eat indian rojak... Shall go eat tmr...

But, anyway, on another note, i think those two cases might have developed some kindda severe alleregy reaction....

The others who had it only had things like stomachache.... Well, different people react differently to different substances i guess....

Something like ONE HUNDRED AND TEN people had food poisioning from that stall.

It's not just two that died.

Hmm... Reminds me... Long time never eat indian rojak... Shall go eat tmr...

But, anyway, on another note, i think those two cases might have developed some kindda severe alleregy reaction....

The others who had it only had things like stomachache.... Well, different people react differently to different substances i guess....
The old lady had existing illness in her. The food-poisoning made it worst.

GMAN

Something like ONE HUNDRED AND TEN people had food poisioning from that stall.

It's not just two that died.
Nothing is safe. You can't blame all the rojak stalls for 1 isolated case. Samething happened to Prima Deli. Have we stopped going to the cake shop entirely? No right.

GMAN

usually what does the sauce contain besides peanuts?

Nothing is safe. You can't blame all the rojak stalls for 1 isolated case. Samething happened to Prima Deli. Have we stopped going to the cake shop entirely? No right.

GMAN

Erm, actually after that incident, I have yet to step into prima deli yet:bsmilie:

usually what does the sauce contain besides peanuts?

Let me share with u my secret recipe....

Sugar

Spice

Chemical X

Must be keeping the food too long. The food must be cook don't know how many time,especially the source.

Must be keeping the food too long. The food must be cook don't know how many time,especially the source.

But is a famous stall, shd not have too much left over food :think:

Actually.. i am wondering.. do all the stalls make the indian rojaks themselves? Or do they take them from a few suppliers?

Don't it face by it cover,you never know what happen. And don't because it famous.Need not worry.
Yet still have to be careful what you eat also.

Sometimes, people are ridiculous. From the statement by the people affected, they felt that the sauce tasted weird. Not from the usual. If it tasted weird, why continue eating it? Just go back to the shop keeper and tell him/her that the sauce doesn't taste right.

I've seen a uncle at West Coast Food center, cook the Char Kuay Teow and he keeps the left overs in a pot and any customers who orders, he takes a portion of it and mixes with the new noodles. People still buy. People still eat it. Still tastes good. Besides, the cockles are always left exposed to the outside environment without any refrigeration.

It's just an isolated case.

GMAN

If you go to HK and observe those really famous beef noodles shop you will see that they will scoop up 1 bowl of beef stew every night. The next day they will pour in that bowl in to the pot with the fresh ingrediants. The beef noodle soup sold to you could still have ingrediants from 30 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.