WTF were the photographers doing during the Jack Neo press conference.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
almost all were using direct flash like nobody business and some even got access to the stage to shoot his back???

I think the whole thing lasted 5mins is because they cannot tahan the whole conference. It was clearly an emotional moment for the couple.

If he had asked them to stop shooting for a while, i wonder how many will have listen.

The odd thing....where was the security?

Last edited:
Ah Nan is the security...

but he was seen seated down earlier. his presence would have been noticed earlier by standing around. a deterrent.
anyway, he was instrumental in stopping photographers from pursuing the couple, abeit, somewhat heavy handed.

Ah Nan is the security...

you never see before?

[vid]qGHZhtGb6Js[/vid]

go to any scandal press conference, it happens all the time.

if you read peter howe's papparazi, it might give you an insight into how the people who seem to prey and feed on celebrities think, and maybe you can understand why they do what they do.

Paparazzi don't care, as long as their photo sell. No photo? No sale.

you never see before?

go to any scandal press conference, it happens all the time.

if you read peter howe's papparazi, it might give you an insight into how the people who seem to prey and feed on celebrities think, and maybe you can understand why they do what they do.
Good video....the people who organised the event must be very experienced.

The flash doesnt seem to be continuous so i guess not many photographers inside the room and the flash power seems to be muted so i am guessing again they are using low power flash so as not to irritate the guy or shooting from a distance.

And the security though invisible...clearly is there.

My concern is not on the paparazzi but how the jack neo conference was handled. really like no control like that.

Last edited:
My concern is not on the paparazzi but how the jack neo conference was handled. really like no control like that.

that is up to whoever organised the press conference to dictate.

i'm not even sure who did, anyone?

for the edison chen video, the lighting is probably more manageable. if you look at the jack neo location it is pretty dark. i don't think it is just about the flash being used at low power, rather , the flash looks dimmer because it is RELATIVELY less bright compared to the jack neo location, which is full of shadows.

that is up to whoever organised the press conference to dictate.

i'm not even sure who did, anyone?

for the edison chen video, the lighting is probably more manageable. if you look at the jack neo location it is pretty dark. i don't think it is just about the flash being used at low power, rather , the flash looks dimmer because it is RELATIVELY less bright compared to the jack neo location, which is full of shadows.
I dont have any pics of his press conference but shouldnt be too far from this,

p.jpg

Last edited:
almost all were using direct flash like nobody business and some even got access to the stage to shoot his back???

I think the whole thing lasted 5mins is because they cannot tahan the whole conference. It was clearly an emotional moment for the couple.

If he had asked them to stop shooting for a while, i wonder how many will have listen.

just curious, black wall black curtain probably black ceiling or very high, how would you shoot this? using direct flash or not?

just curious, black wall black curtain probably black ceiling or very high, how would you shoot this? using direct flash or not?

i would bring my magicmaster 2000 80kWh spotlight and light up jack neo, that would save the trouble of using any flash.

i mean, he might be blinded and feel very hot, but that only means that i might get a nice nice expression of him looking lost, exactly what would sell well :) :angel:

if that fails because of pesky security boys saying ZOU KAI,

i will throw a flashbang and quickly use my 1d mark IV at maximum shutter speed to capture him in that short period of time.

does the low light press conference venue signifies our local entertainment scene has little experience in handling big paparazzi events? i.e. J-team booking the hall was not aware of the dim setting unlike #8 post.

Or is it (gasp..) intended? :eek:

I think this was a rush press con. as the location is in the same building where Jack have his office, somewhere in the Ubi area if I'm not wrong, not a place meant for press con.

In a press con of this nature, you don't want to restrict the press if possible as you need their help to report it from your point of view. That may explain the free access and seemingly lack of security.

Paparazzi don't care, as long as their photo sell. No photo? No sale.

well they are photographers / paparazzi, they get paid / promoted only when they get the shot so who can blame them? But yes, it can get very ..... :angry:

well i kinda like it. heear the soundsk. sounds like bullets going at rapid fire.

jack deserves tat execution squad shooting at him.

well i kinda like it. heear the soundsk. sounds like bullets going at rapid fire.

jack deserves tat execution squad shooting at him.

Well Jack deserve it but his wife don't. Why did she have to be there in the first place? To gain pity for himself so that people will leave him alone because they pity his wife? :nono:

Well Jack deserve it but his wife don't. Why did she have to be there in the first place? To gain pity for himself so that people will leave him alone because they pity his wife? :nono:

dunno. but wife know liao dun want say dun want do its also her fault i think. relationship is always both side wrong. seldom 1 side. unless u have really cmi partner.