WTA Tennis Finals

camerajin

Jul 25, 2012
Singapore
Has anyone been to the WTA tennis finals yet? I am wondering what the camera rules are. I would love to take my DSLR but I know different sporting events have different rules around it (I think the Aussie open allows dslrs but limits max focal length to 200mm) - a search of the event website turned nothing up! So wondering if anyone has taken their DSLR to the event and has any first hand experience.

No rules I think. Was there two days ago. A whole bunch of people with big Canon L lenses...

Thought for tennis they are rather fussy about the shutter clicking sound. I remember there was a time during the film camera period a number of tennis players especially the top seeded ones would stop a game and shout at those photographer till a number of Pros would spend money to modify their camera to have almost near silent shutter action. Some of the cameras heard fro DSLR sounded pretty loud.. wonder if that can be heard from the audience length especially finals.

Has anyone been to the WTA tennis finals yet? I am wondering what the camera rules are. I would love to take my DSLR but I know different sporting events have different rules around it (I think the Aussie open allows dslrs but limits max focal length to 200mm) - a search of the event website turned nothing up! So wondering if anyone has taken their DSLR to the event and has any first hand experience.

Apparently you can't bring cameras of a professional standard with interchangeable or telephoto lens such as SLRs with lens in excess of 200mm. It's on the sporthub website under the FAQs section. Not sure how strict they are though.