Wrong price for Canon Powershot A40?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yangken

Apr 24, 2002
Visit site
Dear all,

A few days ago, I wrote a thread that AP quoted me S$1080 for Canon Powershot A40. I double confirmed with them and they wrote that the price was correct.

I got quote from CP only S$515.
Question is: is there different type Canon A40?

Confused
SF

Originally posted by yangken
Dear all,

A few days ago, I wrote a thread that AP quoted me S$1080 for Canon Powershot A40. I double confirmed with them and they wrote that the price was correct.

I got quote from CP only S$515.
Question is: is there different type Canon A40?

Confused
SF
The $1080 price tag is for the S40 not the A40.
The A40 shld be abt $510-$530 at AP (Not sure)

I think they made a mistake lor!

S40 is 4mp while A40 is 2mp. S40 has more manual controls like Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority while A40 does not have those.

S40 accepts CF Type II which means it can use a 1Gb Microdrive. A40 accepts only CF type I.

I think S40 has a better lens than A40, but it's very close. See this thread for some comparisons.

;)

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
wats the diff S40 and A40?

apart from the looks

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
wow copland!! u got to see this!!

what am I suppose to see? The comparisons?

Should be they quoted you the wrong price lah. Mine is bought from AP...$520 nett...the price is inclusive of GST. The fellow gave my bf a good price lah...cos my bf got his G2 from him not long ago mah. Got the canon pouch for $20. So the total cost is $540 nett.
Maybe you should make a trip there if you are free. Can see if you can bargain a good price. The salespeople there are quite ok lah...so far, no problem with their service. :D

Hi all!

Thanks for your response. Will go there tonight to buy. :)

Not confused anymore,
SF :)

they could be quite blur at times ;p once I was quoted a C2040 price for the C700. But didn't pounce on the opportunity then ;p

Originally posted by mpenza
they could be quite blur at times ;p once I was quoted a C2040 price for the C700. But didn't pounce on the opportunity then ;p

wah wasted.....

Status
Not open for further replies.