WPAS BALI Retreat cum Photo Clinic Getaway 2010

mo2

Mar 8, 2005
WPAS Bali Retreat cum Photo Clinic 2010 (26-29 August 2010)

Ever dreamt of becoming a professional wedding photographer?
Ever thought you could be travelling overseas for wedding shoots as part of the job?

Overseas bridal shoots are a common part of the job scope of today's wedding professional photographer.

Are you able to deliver the pictures required when the bridal couple's expectations are sky high,
once you've sold them on the great photographer you are?

Come and join the Wedding Photograher's Association (Singapore) as we show you the ropes on
Overseas Pre-Wedding Portraits Photography.

Our WPAS professionals will be at hand to guide you along the path to create the desired pictures
that will more than satisfy any wedding couples.

Wpas instructors conducting this Bali photoshoot comprises of Matthew Tan of Portrait Gallery,
Tan Eng Howe of Montage Studios, Andrew Choi of Andrew Choi Photography, Hilarion Goh of Tri-Angles,
Leonard Se of Leonard Photography, Razin Razor of Pixelwave & Albert Chua of Everafterpictures.

Our award winning professionals has no less than 10 years experience creating images all over the world.

How to choose the location and timing to shoot the couple. What happens if it rains?
What lens & settings to use. Proven techniques to produce stunning images by seasoned professionals.
All these and more will be covered by our experienced members.

Our experienced members will show you the inside story of how they get their job done and
produce stunning overseas images that capture the romance in an exotic land.

They will guide you on a checklist of equipment to bring on an overseas wedding shoot and how to pack them
to clear customs. A simple trip can lead to a logistic nightmare without the right knowledge.

Actual wedding couples will be provided together with wedding gowns & makeup artists at hand.

Upon your registration with WPAS, an interview & written test will be conducted for selection of candidates
to join in this Bali event. The reason being that delegates need to know certain basic
photography knowledge and to group them to the right team and instructor.

This event is supported by Cathay Photo Store Singapore

So sign up now. Limited places available.

Email: enquiry@wpas.org.sg to reserve your place now.

Brought to you by the Wedding Photographers Association (Singapore). The real wedding association in singapore.

Bali-Retreat-Poster.jpg

sigh, looks great.. wish i could go, but I got my own wedding this year, and need to save for honeymoon. I'll definitely sign up if there's a similar trip next year!

No Prob Bro ..

WPAS is planning as best as we can to do workshops, photo clinics .. overseas shoots ...etc ..

But for a new association, we need alot of support as we are non profitable & events needs money to run.

To date, the wpas committee had to dig into own pockets to get things running.

So bear with us .. Join us .. Help grow our memberships so that we can get more sponsors to part money with us.

If not, how else to keep the event rates low so all can partake.

Again, we would like to sincerely thank CS for ther continuous support & belief in WPAS :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

sigh, looks great.. wish i could go, but I got my own wedding this year, and need to save for honeymoon. I'll definitely sign up if there's a similar trip next year!

No Prob Bro ..

WPAS is planning as best as we can to do workshops, photo clinics .. overseas shoots ...etc ..

But for a new association, we need alot of support as we are non profitable & events needs money to run.

To date, the wpas committee had to dig into own pockets to get things running.

So bear with us .. Join us .. Help grow our memberships so that we can get more sponsors to part money with us.

If not, how else to keep the event rates low so all can partake.

Again, we would like to sincerely thank CS for ther continuous support & belief in WPAS :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good job WPAS! This association will definitely grow.

WATCH THIS THREAD !!

More updates coming up by tomorrow about Bali Course Syllabus & Instructors Profiles.

It's really going to be pure BOOTCAMP experience ... EAT, SLEEP, TALK ONLY PHOTOGRAPHY !!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

WPAS BALI RETREAT CUM PHOTO CLINIC 2010
"Learn from Real Working Professionals"

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

COURSE SYLLABUS & PROGRAMME OUTLINE

For those who are serious about photography, heightening their passion for destination wedding photography. Come join us in this workshop and propel your technical skill from Singapore's Top Leading Wedding Professionals through an Actual Pre Wedding Couples photoshoots.

•Understanding your workflow and selling your picture through communication of that winning shot! Preparation through logistic on unfamiliar land, unforeseen circumstances.

WPAS now offers this unique opportunity to join our instructors in this not to be missed overseas event as you'll be spending 4 full days with them.

Gone are the days where you have to travel far & wide in search for courses like this, the team from WPAS brings it right to your doorstep, leaving behind the hefty fee you need to pay and saving you more than just traveling time.

You will EAT photography, TALK photography and DREAM photography.

Do you have what it takes, the cutting edge, converting passion to trade? "Learn From Real Working Professionals the Faster Ways!"

Workshop Schedules for WPAS BALI RETREAT on 26~29 August 2009, as follows;

13 August 2010 (7pm till 10pm)
Venue: Pixelwave Studio @ 105A Arab Street. S(199801)

A briefing conducted by wpas instructors for all participants

~ Photo slideshow of destination weddings by our instructors

~ What Camera Equipment & digital workflow.

~ Packing for Customs Clearance

* 26 August 2010

Check-in at 5 Star hotel with dinner will be at nearby Bali Restaurant.

After dinner, we will have a crash course to learn different and styles for pre-wedding shoot by our WPAS instructors. How to direct couples & communications.

Throughout the whole course, all participants are encouraged to take notes as there will be a Q&A session at the end of the Bali Retreat on the last day.

* 27 August 2010

8am
: Breakfast in Hotel

9am ~ 11am
: Poses & How, When to apply them
: Different Lighting Effects

11am ~ 1pm
: Indoor Bridal photography within Hotel Compounds

2pm ~ 5.30pm
: Outdoor Bridal Photography at Bali Famous Hotspot.

5.30pm ~ 6.30pm
: Sunset Photography with Bridal Couples

DINNER

8.30pm ~ 10pm
: Debrief & Image Review Session of pictures taken

NOTE: This session is 70% Observance with 30% Photography

* 28 August 2010

8am

9am ~ 11am
: Digital Workflow by the Professionals
: What Backup, Different software, Basic Editing

11am ~ 5.30pm

5.30pm ~ 6.30pm

DINNER

8.30pm ~ 11pm
: Debrief & Images Review Session of pictures taken
: Each Participant to submit 10 Best Pictures for Critique

NOTE : This session is 70% Photography with 30% Observance

* 29 August 2010

7am ~ 10am

9am ~ 11am
: R & R for those whom are flying back later

* 7 September 2010 (WPAS Annual Social Night)

At our social night for members, 5 Exclusive WPAS Bali Retreat 2010 'Award of Excellence' & 'Certificate of Attendance' will be given out during our BBQ session.

Disclaimer: All above subject to changes and without prior notice

WORKSHOP DATELINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO .. 15 JULY 2010

Hurry as limited rooms & airlines are available due to Peak Season

Event proudly supported by Cathay Photo Store

UPDATE:
** Our Instructors for this 2010 August Retreat, are as follows;

Matthew Tan (Portrait Gallery) 1985 ~ 2010 n beyond
Studio: 484 River Valley Road Singapore 248369
www.portraitgallery.com

Winner of the most MPA Awards of Excellence in ASIA region and 5 times MPA Wedding Photographer of the Year.
Matthew has seen his photography business through 2 recessions since 1990s, surviving thru it by self improving his skill sets,
winning countless awards and plotting a careful course thru perseverance and dedication to his love of photography.
A believer of continuing learning, he constantly attend local and overseas workshops to hone his skills.
STYLE & APPROACH:
Matthew specialty is his People Portraiture, his Lighting and posing Techniques & Angles.
A good artist does not rush his creations; he shoots and composes like a musician.

On a lighter note:
Matthew spend a lot of his time in the studio accompanied by his pet dog Ferbie.

.....................................................................................

Tan Eng How (Montage Studios) 1985 ~ 2010 n beyond Studio: 237 Alexandra Road #06-14
The Alexcier Singapore 159929
www.montagestudios.com.sg

Between 1995 to 2008, a brotherhood of 4 wedding photographers were notoriously famous in Singapore
known as Compass Photography and Eng Howe was one of the member in that “clan”.
They were the names on the lips of all brides-to-be, employing Eng Howe was the safest protection to that perfect Pre Wedding Album.

STYLE & APPROACH:
Eng Howe shoots spontaneously, with plenty of interaction between him and his subjects. The end result is always natural, relaxed and expressive
because they felt... Well Protected !!
Photography as a medium of expression. A language to express his inner thoughts, a tool for communication.

On a lighter note:
The brotherhood disbanded in 2008 and went separate ways when Andy Lau died in INTERNAL AFFAIRS FINALE.
BUT the public still remembers them.*GO ASK YOUR AUNTIES. He is also a REIKI healer.

.....................................................................................

Razin Razor (Razin Photography) 1995 ~ 2010 n beyond Studio: 105a, Arab Street Singapore 199801
www.pixelwave.com

Razin (THE RAZOR) has pictures published in many magazines both locally and foreign.. some where even in Batam ...
His artistic vision has won him many fans in online media such as Facebook and Deviantart etc.

STYLE & APPROACH:
When free most of time, he shoots for goth artist and sub-culture groups inspired by their creativity and artistic expressions.
Razin's dark and edgy style of photography differentiates himself from the others.
He watches Twilight 10X a week, puts on mascara & play with his camera & long lens.
Phua Chu Kang showcased Razin's works at The Singapore Discovery Centre, Millenia Shopping Mall,Local Schools and is also featured on MRT EZYlink cards.

On a lighter note:
So go top up your card to support THE RAZOOOOOOR !!! ...Dont Cut Yourself !!!

......................................................................................

Leonard Se (Leonard Photography) 1997 ~ 2010 n beyond
Studio: 28 Ean Kiam Place Singapore 429117
www.leonardphotography.com.sg

This guy WINS “Excellence of Work Award'' and “Grand Winner for Overall Picture (MPA) in consecutive years.
He was a member of the Prestigious MPA and also a Licentiate Master Photographer.
He moved away from competitions as Prize Money No Good or sometimes Even NO MONEY at all.
He was featured in the local television network of Premier 12 for “TODAY'S PHOTOGRAPHER''...

STYLE & APPROACH:
Leonard sees & captures little idiosyncrasies in the best of light to reflect the couple themselves.
A visit to his website reveal his advant-garde style of wedding which were splash across the pages of the local bridal magazines.
A non-believer of using template to create his photo album layout, he painstakingly edit and create those dreamy effect that brings
a stimulating new dimension to life's most prized photographs.

On a lighter note:
He is also a Yoga teacher

................................................................................

Albert Chua (Everafterpictures) 1986 ~ 2010 n beyond
Studio: Blk 261 Waterloo Street #02-03
Waterloo Center (Singapore 180261)
www.everafterpictures.com

Dropped onto SLR camera on head as a baby ... God pitied Albert and gave him a roll of film.

While in secondary school, he loaded the film and started shooting everything and anything.
Aspiring to be a Photojournalist in the press, Albert pursued his dream and studied Advertising Arts
where he learnt GRAPHICS, PRINTING, DESIGN, PHOTOGRAPHY ...

After ARMY, Albert landed himself into Straits Times Press as News Photographer.
Winning his Press Picture OF The Year 1989, he decided to broaden his knowdledge in other aspects of photography. He started his own studio in 1990.
Albert's wedding works has been featured in the press for their uniqueness or news worthiness.

STYLE & APPROACH:
Freestyle ... Lifestyle ... The Trick is to Observe, Anticipate, React & CREATE.
Destination Weddings anywhere ...Be it Islands, Underwater .. Risky or Trash The Dress ..

Albert's works reflect his dynamics passion which speaks for themselves.

On a lighter note:
How do you spell “Gung-Ho”, leave that to him!

WPAS BALI RETREAT CUM PHOTO CLINIC 2010
"Learn from Real Working Professionals"

COURSE SYLLABUS & PROGRAMME OUTLINE

For those who are serious about photography, heightening their passion for destination wedding photography. Come join us in this workshop and propel your technical skill from Singapore's Top Leading Wedding Professionals through an Actual Pre Wedding Couples photoshoots.

•Understanding your workflow and selling your picture through communication of that winning shot! Preparation through logistic on unfamiliar land, unforeseen circumstances.

WPAS now offers this unique opportunity to join our instructors in this not to be missed overseas event as you'll be spending 4 full days with them.

Gone are the days where you have to travel far & wide in search for courses like this, the team from WPAS brings it right to your doorstep, leaving behind the hefty fee you need to pay and saving you more than just traveling time.

You will EAT photography, TALK photography and DREAM photography.

Do you have what it takes, the cutting edge, converting passion to trade? "Learn From Real Working Professionals the Faster Ways!"

Workshop Schedules for WPAS BALI RETREAT on 26~29 August 2009, as follows;

13 August 2010 (7pm till 10pm)
Venue: Pixelwave Studio @ 105A Arab Street. S(199801)

A briefing conducted by wpas instructors for all participants

~ Photo slideshow of destination weddings by our instructors

~ What Camera Equipment & digital workflow.

~ Packing for Customs Clearance

* 26 August 2010

Check-in at 5 Star hotel with dinner will be at nearby Bali Restaurant.

After dinner, we will have a crash course to learn different and styles for pre-wedding shoot by our WPAS instructors. How to direct couples & communications.

Throughout the whole course, all participants are encouraged to take notes as there will be a Q&A session at the end of the Bali Retreat on the last day.

* 27 August 2010

8am

9am ~ 11am
: Poses & How, When to apply them
: Different Lighting Effects

11am ~ 1pm
: Indoor Bridal photography within Hotel Compounds

2pm ~ 5.30pm

5.30pm ~ 6.30pm

DINNER

8.30pm ~ 10pm
: Debrief & Image Review Session of pictures taken

NOTE: This session is 70% Observance with 30% Photography

* 28 August 2010

8am

9am ~ 11am
: Digital Workflow by the Professionals
: What Backup, Different software, Basic Editing

11am ~ 5.30pm

5.30pm ~ 6.30pm

DINNER

8.30pm ~ 11pm
: Debrief & Images Review Session of pictures taken
: Each Participant to submit 10 Best Pictures for Critique

NOTE : This session is 70% Photography with 30% Observance

* 29 August 2010

7am ~ 10am

9am ~ 11am
: R & R for those whom are flying back later

* 7 September 2010 (WPAS Annual Social Night)

At our social night for members, 5 Exclusive WPAS Bali Retreat 2010 'Award of Excellence' & 'Certificate of Attendance' will be given out during our BBQ session.

Disclaimer: All above subject to changes and without prior notice

:thumbsup:WPAS is also supported and endossed by Masters Photographers Association.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:WPAS is also supported and endossed by Masters Photographers Association.:thumbsup:

WPAS consists only of volunteer professional wedding photographers ...
Pardon us as most of us are working & it's not as easy as 123 to get things like events & logistics done.

Watch out for destination pictures shot by instructors tomorrow.... Can Moderator please help me upload !!

Cheers !! And Long Live WPAS !! Hoorah !![/COLOR][/B]

For Those Interested ..

Please Response Quickly as Airline Seats & Hotel Vancancy are limited.

It's Peak Season in BALI.

This Workshop is highly suitable for budding wedding photographers to built a
Destination Pre Wedding Portfolio as we have REAL Wedding Couples coming for the photoshoot.

If keen, you may contact me at 91452101 as i'm the WPAS committee in charge of this workshop.

My name is Albert Chua & My Contact: .. 91452101

Please find following links interesting;

WPAS BALI Instructor's Destination Pre Wedding Pictures

Video Clip of WPAS Vietnam Retreat 2010 (22~26 March)

Destination Pre Wedding Portfolio as we have REAL Wedding Couples coming for the photoshoot.

If keen, you may contact me at 91452101 as i'm the WPAS committee in charge of this workshop.

Update UPDATED:

Better download speeds for photos & videos for viewing (Click on subject matter to link)

Vietnam Retreat 22~26 March 2010

WPAS Instructors Pictures from Destination Pre Wedding Shoots

BALI Pre Wedding Shoot 2009 by Everafterpictures

:thumbsup:

as much as i'm very intrsted to join, unfortunately it will held during the fasting month of Ramadhan.
I look forward to other upcoming event from you guys.

Can contact me for future Clinic?

You should join us regardless the fasting month as i fast when i'm doing a Pre Wedding Shoot just to fell lighter and senses more tuned up for observation if good angles .. Really !!
When shooting an assignment, i usually don't feel hungry nor thirsty.
In fact after heavy meals i feel sluggish thus i only eat abit.

COME JOIN US !! Razin Razor is Muslim as well and he's conducting lessons besides shooting.

No Excuse ... Hee Hee !!

as much as i'm very intrsted to join, unfortunately it will held during the fasting month of Ramadhan.
I look forward to other upcoming event from you guys.

Can contact me for future Clinic?

You should join us regardless the fasting month as i fast when i'm doing a Pre Wedding Shoot just to fell lighter and senses more tuned up for observation if good angles .. Really !!
When shooting an assignment, i usually don't feel hungry nor thirsty.
In fact after heavy meals i feel sluggish thus i only eat abit.

COME JOIN US !! Razin Razor is Muslim as well and he's conducting lessons besides shooting.

No Excuse ... Hee Hee !!

wait wait wait....
gotta ask my CO first. but straight from my heart...i'm relli keen

Hi Mo2,

I had actually email enquiries thru WPAS 'contact us' even the email since last week..
Til now I got no reply. As I got some questions abt joining the member and how to submit the 10pcs 8R prints..

Pls reply. Thank you so much.

Cheers,
Jack Ng
Web email
Yahoo email