Wow lots of 10D sales in buy & sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
I had predicted lots of 300D sales for people upgrading to 10D. But I appear to be wrong, people appear to be dumping 10D for Nikon, Olympus etc.... Looks like 10D 2nd hand prices are going to drop drop drop..... waiting for the 1st 10D to go under $2k ;)

erwinx said:
I had predicted lots of 300D sales for people upgrading to 10D. But I appear to be wrong, people appear to be dumping 10D for Nikon, Olympus etc.... Looks like 10D 2nd hand prices are going to drop drop drop..... waiting for the 1st 10D to go under $2k ;)

Is the 10D specced higher than the 300D? And why should people be dumping the 10D for the Nikons or Olympus...... btw, which Nikon and which Olympus?? Does Olympus make DSLRs??

Could it be the underlying reasons are the coming Canon 3D or the 10D is phasing out of production in the foreseeable future?

I think some people are chasing after the elusive dream of the perfect DSLR which could output picture-perfect images effortlessly. Unfortunately, the perfect DSLR has yet to be invented. Heck, even the perfect point & shoot digicam has not yet been invented!

Each DSLR has its own eccentricities which must be identified and dealt with accordingly thru the investment of time and effort on the part of the user. Once so 'mastered', even lowly obsolete models like D30 can produce great pics.

It's a pity that some people are dumping their 10Ds as I did find that it is a really great DSLR and much easier to get good pics out of than the D60. Personally, I don't think they would have an easier time with the Nikons or the Fujis or the over-hyped and unproven Olympuses if they were to switch over to these cameras.

On the brighter side, some lucky people would now have the opportunity to own a great DSLR at bargain basement prices. ;)

erwinx said:
Wow.. this is the first time I'm hearing abut this! I thought it's the another way round! A couple of my friends are tempted to switch from Nikon D100 to Canon D10! Anyway, just curious, can you enlighten me which Nikon's are these canon'ers switching to? :embrass:

It is expected when new better products came out ,all want to try?? 4/3 sensor could be olympus E1 or Nikon latest release D2. Dumping 10D will help those who wants to upgrade now.Please highlights what is going on??

Status
Not open for further replies.