Wow! Leica-mount Pentax lens!

Yeap Leica QA ia a Myth!
Everyone has the right on their own ground is say which equipment is the best, subject to your perception and understanding, taste, there is nothing to malu about! I find AND PROUDLY say i FIND Pentax 6X7 give the best unique texture and mood, Leica is best because of the lens materials and contrast the way it capture light like no other. doesn't need to be so nitty gritty about what mean to say Best or Malu about. Find one that fit your taste not the brand, is the one that is best to you.. It's already well understood that every equipement not properly maintained will have haze... but I do believe that FA limited Lens coasting smc is the best coating every made are less prone to erode .particularly the newer ones.. What is so Malu about??? . it's not necessary to be so "nitty gritty"??? Don't have to malu someone because they say something is the best , because is not your brand or your taste..

"Saying one brand is best for you" and "saying one brand is the best" are different thing, i don't oppose the former. MTF you can measure, but how about bokeh? that's really personal preference. one man's meat is another man's poison.

Well... leica did use whale oil as lubricant, and some leica lenses have funny placement of front glass just in front of aperture blade, hence lubricant outgassing tends to happen. it's not about proper maintenance, i'm sure leica users have budget for maintaining their precious investments.

This could also explain why other brand lenses of similar year production found in 2nd hand marketplace, the percentage of their lenses with haze is much lower, i.e takumar/nikkor. Canon FD lenses tend to easily fogged too.

Just a sad thing, when takumar or other brand lens has haze, it will be sold for nothing or thrown away, yet leica lens with haze still can be sold for hundred bucks
For other lens you call it soft, for leica lens you call it dreamy ;p

Haha. Tat Nasi Lemak stall was really good ages bk. Now so so. U should try d Adam Road food centre's Nasi Lemak. Much better IMHO. Btw, just to clarify, I ain't saying other makers' lenses r not good. But in terms of making lenses at a certain focal length n aperture, Leica has been legendary in tat way. Look at Noctilux 50mm f/0.95. It's not difficult to make a great 50mm lens at ard f/1.5 or lesser, but Leica does set d bar high every time in such cases.

Apologies if I had roused any controversy but being objective, combining build quality, resale value n optics standard all in one, which other makers' lenses holds better value over time? Looking at d stats, seems Leica is the only one tat the specific range of lenses appreciates over time n r for keen collections. Personal view ya, dun take it subjectively. Tks

adam road's nasi lemak, the one with basmati rice? yup that one is nice :lovegrin:

anyway it's ltm mount not m mount :bsmilie:

Des, there's bound to be collectors in Singapore. I'm still thinking if I can pinch it off him. It's not officially mine yet!

Go ahead and make it yours!!! :bsmilie:

Don't know he say earlier still thinking and not officially his yet so I'm thinking he borrowed the lens to test out and that's why it is mounted on his camera...:bsmilie:

Oh.. it looked like his bag and he's got a GXR too :D

Not photoshoped! I was allowed to bring it home to try before making a decision. ;-) Not difficult to convince though.

This lens quite special and expensive according to ebay rate :D

:think: .. show your chrome le!

Got no chrome camera body to match leh... and yes, isn't the slide out hood so cool? ;)

Would love to buy a leica.. when I can truly afford it after housing and car...

Its the whole feel of the system.. loved my short time with my friend m9...

I think everyone has his or her own joy in their pursuit on photography... no need to spill any blood over it

sobrietyanonymous said:
Would love to buy a leica.. when I can truly afford it after housing and car...

Its the whole feel of the system.. loved my short time with my friend m9...

I think everyone has his or her own joy in their pursuit on photography... no need to spill any blood over it

Agree! Sometimes, it's not about how good the gear is. It's the aesthetic factor that is forgotten. :D

Photography is fun, whatever that makes it for one..