Would you?

Which camera would you buy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

IsenGrim

Jan 28, 2008
I'm planning to get a small camera to compliment my DLSRs, and Film MF cams.

Which would you hit?
I'm sorta leaning towards the x100 because of its size, and
because the pancake lens for V1 is only ~27mm2.8 (i really like 35mm fov and the f2 of the x100)

However there are bad reviews on x100's user interface and manual focusing. I heard they are releasing new firmware to fix the bad interface, but i'm not so sure about the manual focusing...

I'm not sure about m4/3 because i've never used it before....

I'm not going to fit any large zoom lens to this cam because it defeats the purpose of fitting in my pocket...

Of course the Leica is the BEST Option, but not many people has ~15000$ to throw like that...
Or is there a bang for buck digital RF that fits the m42 lenses? (pls intro, I'm very weak into the RF field)

Edit: Oh yes v1 has the hybrid Phase + Contrast Focusing, effectively making it the one of the fastest auto-focusing camera in this class.

Last edited:
I'd say NEX 5N.

Yea that works too

epl3, im getting one soon ..

epl3, im getting one soon ..

nvr like sony cams (no offense to RashKae) cos i feel that camera is not their forte (even though they bought over minolta), still find their TV better.

So for me it's either X100 or EP3 but I will lean towards X100 for the viewfinder cos EP3, u had to pay extra to get the VF.

nvr like sony cams (no offense to RashKae) cos i feel that camera is not their forte (even though they bought over minolta), still find their TV better.

So for me it's either X100 or EP3 but I will lean towards X100 for the viewfinder cos EP3, u had to pay extra to get the VF.

Why would I take offense? :p

Well, if cameras are not their forte, why are the Cybershots and NEX so sucessful? FYI, the NEX division has little to do with Minolta.

Why would I take offense? :p

Well, if cameras are not their forte, why are the Cybershots and NEX so sucessful? FYI, the NEX division has little to do with Minolta.

haha cybershot cams is the worst cam i ever tried and used :p successful or not, it doesn't appeals to me hehe.

haha cybershot cams is the worst cam i ever tried and used :p successful or not, it doesn't appeals to me hehe.

LOL. To each their own. ;)

If it was me :

X100 - last choice; ~$1.5k for no chance of body upgrade. At least for MILC part of the cost is saved (ie. the lens cost) when moving to another body in the future.
(its the nicest looking one though)

NEX - good choice for MF or sticking to 16/2.8. Most native lenses to big, might as well just use a DSLR.

V1 - Not the right time. No real small and fast lenses. Can only buy OEM lenses (so at their mercy as to what is avaliable). No significant advantage over m43 or NEX. Seems to be pricy

EP3 or G3 - Good small primes at not too much cost. Many lenses designed to be sharp in the center from wide open, meaning that there is little need to stop down to benefit from sharpness stopped down. To me the downside is optical distortion control (or rather lack of) on the lenses.

Not sure if it's applicable to your question, but I got a Nikon AW100 to compliment my Canon 60D recently. Coz AW100 can go places my 60D can't.

looks like the EP3 is the clear winner.

Actually, if i don't care about interchangable lenses, would the x100 be better?
I'm still leaning towards the x100 for its VF, and phase auto focusing, but i'm willing to explore why EP3 is better.

looks like the EP3 is the clear winner.

Actually, if i don't care about interchangable lenses, would the x100 be better?
I'm still leaning towards the x100 for its VF, and phase auto focusing, but i'm willing to explore why EP3 is better.

I would choose EP3... but not because it is better... I just find that EP3 to be more flexible (with its interchangeable lenses and stuff like that). I like Sony's SLT cameras... but not their NEX and cybershot cameras... just a matter of own preferrence and nothing to deter or offend anyone who wanted a Sony.

I would choose EP3... but not because it is better... I just find that EP3 to be more flexible (with its interchangeable lenses and stuff like that). I like Sony's SLT cameras... but not their NEX and cybershot cameras... just a matter of own preferrence and nothing to deter or offend anyone who wanted a Sony.

Panasonic G3 for me: must have some sort of viewfinder.