would you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sORe-EyEz

Jun 28, 2005
SGee
speak up for a friend even if he/she was wrong (& you know it)?

Discuss.

Discuss.

Good topic to deeper discussion on the pro and cons.

Well, on the cons side, remember the 911 incident. The people with similiar
belief system will never admit the act is wrong, likewise in everyday life matters,
even it the offender is your own family members, your belief system will determine
the reaction you are going to take.

Just got to examine in detail, "Who you are as a person?"
In the court room, judges are specially trained for their task.
But what about when you are a Prime Minister, does he allows his own
belief system to interfere with the matters he has to deal with?

:think:

to all, please do not post political comments in this thread. thanks.

if I know he/she is in the wrong, I am NOT going to speak up for him/her. But I will not condemn him/her along with others.

And most importantly, I am not going to pass any judgement onto him/her. I do not judge friends.

yup... i do... that what i do for my "brothers"...not for normal friend...
pick up some good fight for speak up for my "bros"...

they will and had done the same thing for me...

If it is a situation whereby friend VS stranger, I will most probably speak up defensively in the interest of my friend to the best of my ability. However, I'm not going to twist facts just to get my friend absolved from his/her responsibilities/liabilities.

yup... i do... that what i do for my "brothers"...not for normal friend...
pick up some good fight for speak up for my "bros"...

they will and had done the same thing for me...

why pick fight with no good reason?

how does 1 define such "friend/s"?

If it is a situation whereby friend VS stranger, I will most probably speak up defensively in the interest of my friend to the best of my ability. However, I'm not going to twist facts just to get my friend absolved from his/her responsibilities/liabilities.

den are u not complicating matters by taking sides? :rolleyes:

why pick fight with no good reason?

how does 1 define such "friend/s"?

why pick fight with no good reason???
i think if we really know the reason... we won't fight after all..

how does 1 define such "friend/s"???
we will know who is our friend when we meet 1 ... i guess...

that way i do this(stand up/speak up for friend@"bros")... have a reason... cuz my "bros" always stand up for me... even they know i am on the wrong side.. after the "stand up/speak up" thing done.. they will correct me... that what we do for each other...

is hard to explain.. and it ain't right sometime..

i'll stand at the side and laugh. :bsmilie: seriously, i may defend him but i wont condone his actions if he's in the wrong.

If my children are involved, I will try to defuse the situation and tell and explain to them at home.

It also depends on how close are you with the friend.

If it is a matter of life and dead, I would tell him/her off! Otherwise it is Ok to tell him/her later.

den are u not complicating matters by taking sides? :rolleyes:

You see, well as a friend, the very least i can do is try my best to get him/her out of trouble.

But I will not twist facts. Thats when moral and ethics comes in...

If something happened. something that you knew was impossible, but it happened anyway. You spoke up for your friend. After that, you understood the rules, you knew what you were supposed to do, but you didn't. You couldn't. You were compelled to stay, compelled to disobey. And now, here you post because of your friend. Because of your friend, you are no longer an New Member of this forum. Because of your friend, you've changed. You're unplugged. A new man, so to speak. Like your friend, apparently, free.

But, as we all well know, appearances can be deceiving, which brings us back to the reason why we're here. We're not here because we're free. We're here because we're not free. There is no escaping reason; no denying purpose. Because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist.

:bsmilie:

Sounds like a school essay exam question hahah

Discuss.

Would you??

i would rather my friend apologise upfront.

that is what my prefered option when i am really in the wrong- apologise upfront. this would prevent future "bad blood" from building up. some things start small, but the possiblility of it snowballing is there, not worth keeping up a facade.

It also depends on how close are you with the friend.

If it is a matter of life and dead, I would tell him/her off! Otherwise it is Ok to tell him/her later.

however close i am to a friend it does nobody any good to take sides.

early on in any situation its easier to apologise than to heap 1 lie after another, by that time apologise oso cannot save the situation...

the FAQ and Feedback has a real life example. shows that even not life & death, its better to face the facts early on. dun live to regret.

no, i would not speak up for my friend.
if he/she is capable of getting into trouble, then they also should be capable to walk out of the trouble themselves...
and bottom line is i hate to tell lies just to cover up their white lies as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.