would you use your dslr to take video shoots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmusic

Deregistered
Jan 26, 2006

anyone turning his dslr into a video cam?

thx
:eek:

blackmusic said:

thx

have you seen one before?:eek:

:think:

:bigeyes:

:bsmilie:

never know that technology so advance liao i feel like i am 5 years slower

thats not exactly a filming a video with a dslr.. :)

the individual frames (pictures) have to go thro editing...

blackmusic said:

thx
I have not encountered an DSLR which can take videos yet. Even with the D2X it is only 8 frames a second up to 26 shots. That will only last 3 seconds before I have to wait for the buffer to clear before taking another burst.

like this? taken with 1D MKII

(very big file)

evo.gif

I have never encountered a DSLR which can take video -__-"

blackmusic said:

thx
I presume your question is asking in the coming future if DSLRs have the ability to take videos since in the current market I don't think there are such cameras that has such features.

Well, my answer for you is no because for the fact that I don't believe in equipment that has various "multi-tasking" features, i.e., a phone that can take 5mp photos etc.

A camera is a camera; a videocam is a video cam and a phone is a phone. Sure, in future mobile phones can take 7MP photos but can I think sometimes the fun in photography is not about the pixels but the changing of lenses and the ability to "sculpt" your photo.

mich_2103 said:
I presume your question is asking in the coming future if DSLRs have the ability to take videos since in the current market I don't think there are such cameras that has such features.

Well, my answer for you is no because for the fact that I don't believe in equipment that has various "multi-tasking" features, i.e., a phone that can take 5mp photos etc.

A camera is a camera; a videocam is a video cam and a phone is a phone. Sure, in future mobile phones can take 7MP photos but can I think sometimes the fun in photography is not about the pixels but the changing of lenses and the ability to "sculpt" your photo.

Samsung already has a camera phone which can take 8MP pics....fully equipped with optical zoom, ability to add on conversion lens, ISO and shutter speed settings, etc..

Snoweagle said:
Samsung already has a camera phone which can take 8MP pics....fully equipped with optical zoom, ability to add on conversion lens, ISO and shutter speed settings, etc..
Wah lau, like that so kang kor! Operate everything on such small buttons... :S

mich_2103 said:
Wah lau, like that so kang kor! Operate everything on such small buttons... :S
Yupz but very technologically advanced. It's called the SGH-V800 and is only available in Korea to date.

Wai said:
like this? taken with 1D MKII

(very big file)
Yeah.. something like that! Cool! :thumbsup:

blackmusic said:

thx

No.

No.

My DSLR cannot take video, only photos in Jpeg & Raw format. As far as I know, only Dcompact can capture video shot, but not DSLR. What are you trying to ask?

Digital compacts and prosumers can record video of up to VGA quality or higher and up to the capacity of the memory card. DSLRs do not have this technology and even if it does, it'll look weird taking videos with an SLR.

DSLRs are not fast enough lah ;p small compact cameras could take 30/60fps, much more than 8-8.5 fps of the fastest DSLRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.