would you use your dslr to take video shoots?


Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmusic

Deregistered
Jan 26, 2006
68
0
0
#1
would you use your dslr to take video shoots?

anyone turning his dslr into a video cam?

thx
:eek:
 

S11loop

Senior Member
Feb 11, 2005
3,530
3
0
Pasir Ris
#5
:think:


:bigeyes:



:bsmilie:

never know that technology so advance liao i feel like i am 5 years slower
 

~Arcanic~

Senior Member
Feb 27, 2005
2,671
0
0
Westy
#7
thats not exactly a filming a video with a dslr.. :)

the individual frames (pictures) have to go thro editing...
 

lsisaxon

Senior Member
Nov 29, 2004
11,941
0
0
#8
blackmusic said:
would you use your dslr to take video shoots?

anyone turning his dslr into a video cam?

thx
:eek:
I have not encountered an DSLR which can take videos yet. Even with the D2X it is only 8 frames a second up to 26 shots. That will only last 3 seconds before I have to wait for the buffer to clear before taking another burst.
 

mich_2103

New Member
Jul 26, 2003
193
0
0
35
Visit site
#12
blackmusic said:
would you use your dslr to take video shoots?

anyone turning his dslr into a video cam?

thx
:eek:
I presume your question is asking in the coming future if DSLRs have the ability to take videos since in the current market I don't think there are such cameras that has such features.

Well, my answer for you is no because for the fact that I don't believe in equipment that has various "multi-tasking" features, i.e., a phone that can take 5mp photos etc.

A camera is a camera; a videocam is a video cam and a phone is a phone. Sure, in future mobile phones can take 7MP photos but can I think sometimes the fun in photography is not about the pixels but the changing of lenses and the ability to "sculpt" your photo.
 

Snoweagle

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
14,002
0
0
Pasir Ris, Singapore
#13
mich_2103 said:
I presume your question is asking in the coming future if DSLRs have the ability to take videos since in the current market I don't think there are such cameras that has such features.

Well, my answer for you is no because for the fact that I don't believe in equipment that has various "multi-tasking" features, i.e., a phone that can take 5mp photos etc.

A camera is a camera; a videocam is a video cam and a phone is a phone. Sure, in future mobile phones can take 7MP photos but can I think sometimes the fun in photography is not about the pixels but the changing of lenses and the ability to "sculpt" your photo.
Samsung already has a camera phone which can take 8MP pics....fully equipped with optical zoom, ability to add on conversion lens, ISO and shutter speed settings, etc..
 

mich_2103

New Member
Jul 26, 2003
193
0
0
35
Visit site
#14
Snoweagle said:
Samsung already has a camera phone which can take 8MP pics....fully equipped with optical zoom, ability to add on conversion lens, ISO and shutter speed settings, etc..
Wah lau, like that so kang kor! Operate everything on such small buttons... :S
 

Snoweagle

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
14,002
0
0
Pasir Ris, Singapore
#15
mich_2103 said:
Wah lau, like that so kang kor! Operate everything on such small buttons... :S
Yupz but very technologically advanced. It's called the SGH-V800 and is only available in Korea to date.
 

#17
blackmusic said:
would you use your dslr to take video shoots?

anyone turning his dslr into a video cam?

thx
:eek:
No.

No.

My DSLR cannot take video, only photos in Jpeg & Raw format. As far as I know, only Dcompact can capture video shot, but not DSLR. What are you trying to ask?
 

Snoweagle

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
14,002
0
0
Pasir Ris, Singapore
#18
Digital compacts and prosumers can record video of up to VGA quality or higher and up to the capacity of the memory card. DSLRs do not have this technology and even if it does, it'll look weird taking videos with an SLR.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom