would you use a GND for this shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT 3833

Sep 23, 2006
hi,
need advice from experience photographers. Thanks for your feedback first.

You will notice the sky of the photo below is totally washed out, and the lancscape is slightly under exposed. Help me understand, if given the same situation, how would you handle this?

and in view of the irregular landscape sky line, would you use a GND?

would GND help to some extent or it will cause underexposed to the top option of the landscape structure ?
or HDR?

I have not attempted any of the mentioned methods. Thanks for your advice.

2598053344_321b0fd261.jpg

Can try a soft step with a bit of slant placement onto the right.
But note you will darken the wooden frame a little.

Ryan

for this scenario, with funny things extending into the sky, and based on the lighting here, hdr would be better than gnd.

Thanks giantcanopy,
thanks for your advice. Slant part I understand. Soft step do you mean by using soft GND?

and night86mare,
Thanks for your input as well. point noted.

Thanks giantcanopy,
thanks for your advice. Slant part I understand. Soft step do you mean by using soft GND?

and night86mare,
Thanks for your input as well. point noted.

GND has both hard and soft steps. The soft steps have more gradual transition compared to the hard steps. and is slightly more foregiving in placement. In any case the *irregularities* will be darkened a little.

GNDs have their limitations as well. Like what night86mare mentioned, if you want a perfect fit, HDR is more flexible in situations.

Ryan

What you can also try is.. Wait a few minutes and the sky will usually darken abit. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.