Would you trade in your old FZ's for FZ30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnage

Feb 26, 2005
Ang Mo Kio
Hi all Lumixers, especially owners of FZ1/2/3/4/5/10/20,

Just wanna find out how many of you think it's worth the switch to FZ30... Are the upgrades worth the extra cost? Some say the noise issue still remains, or worse! But wah seh... so much better specs. Can say is THE dream camera (minus the noise issue). I know technology is always ALWAYS upgrading. But still feel the pinch... haha!:bsmilie:

What say you?:sweatsm:

I would do it but I wish they would resolve the noise issue first. I find it to be a disspointment on my FZ20.

What is the $ of FZ30 in Spore? May consider if its not too $$.
KM 5D DSLR already sell at $1300+ so hope they will not price themselves out.....

BTW, anyone know when its coming to Spore?

The slower lens already put me off liao

really depends on the price, IMO.

the slower lens is alright so long the higher ISO of the FZ30 can be less noisy than that of the FZ20 but so far doesn't seem to be the case. hope production samples are much improved.

Will never do that with my FZ5.
I am upgrading but will not go for a FZ30. Basically all FZ almost having the same fuction isn't it? Except for a little difference in specs, manual focus ..etc thats all.
I will keep the FZ5 even if I upgrade.

dominator said:
Will never do that with my FZ5.
I am upgrading but will not go for a FZ30. Basically all FZ almost having the same fuction isn't it? Except for a little difference in specs, manual focus ..etc thats all.
I will keep the FZ5 even if I upgrade.

FZ30 has a few improvements, here's wad i spotted from www.dpreview.com ...:think:

1) flip out LCD
2) front & rear command dials
3) tripod socket in line w/ centre of lense barrel
4) manual zoom ring (not jus manual focus ring)
5) higher pixel count (IMO though not necessory)
6) improved layout of buttons

i too am itching 4 an upgrade from my not-that-old film SLR. my sis owns FZ20. gotta admit mega OIS coupled w/ 12X optical zoom lense is very attractive combo!!:lovegrin:

I'll certainly exchange my FZ20 to FZ30 depending on the price... Actually quite itchy to get one now if available...

sORe-EyEz said:
FZ30 has a few improvements, here's wad i spotted from www.dpreview.com ...:think:

1) flip out LCD
2) front & rear command dials
3) tripod socket in line w/ centre of lense barrel
4) manual zoom ring (not jus manual focus ring)
5) higher pixel count (IMO though not necessory)
6) improved layout of buttons

i too am itching 4 an upgrade from my not-that-old film SLR. my sis owns FZ20. gotta admit mega OIS coupled w/ 12X optical zoom lense is very attractive combo!!:lovegrin:

you are right regarding all these. but to me, what i want is different ;)

don't say no point too soon lah... so many FZ10 owners back then say no point upgrading to FZ20 and that it is noisier, etc. end up they among the first to take the plunge when they feel the new model in their hands. :bsmilie:

Wah... but for me, I just got my FZ20 2nd hand in April... haha! Didn't know about FZ30 then... otherwise would've waited...

The mechanical zoom & flip screen with higher pixel count are the most attractive features for me... But ya, the noise... ARGHH!!!

tincup said:
Nope...not for me yet...not with that kind of noise!! :nono:

but the manual zoom + command dials....:think:

wait till actual production sample appears then pass your judgement on that. :)

just look at those who upgraded from FZ10 to FZ20...anyone out here to name? Well, they did upgrade but not soon after they still have no choice but to go for DSLR.
And most importantly....FZ10 and FZ20 selling at almost same RP.

But to compare any other FZ with the FZ30 on pricing? Who will upgrade :think:

to add on, upgrading is a waste of money. since iso and noise will be same.
if you are saying the manual zoon/focus is good and improve command dial, i rather get a DSLR because of the price.... but if you say FZ30 got the good 12X zoom, well same with any other FZ series so why bother to upgrade??

hmm type too much..nightshift too boring!

dominator said:
hmm type too much..nightshift too boring!

wah... nightshift still can surf net ah... IT job? :)

I would if it's under 1k. if more then 1k then probably will rather go for DSLR instead. Anyway its getting cheaper & cheaper

i used to have a manual SLR camera. but it wasn't a good choice for me. i am short sighted around 100 degrees, and i dun wear glasses. so wat i see as clear is blur to others and my photos out back..

as for FZ 30, the manual zoom is not an attraction to me. if regards to noise concerns, i am still wondering wat it means by noise. are they like those little dots appeared on the photo especially when we take close up or in dark places?

by the way, the FZ 30 should cost at least $1200 at comex........ so that is out for me......

i will keep my FZ5 for sure ..

Hopefull FZ series can produce a DSLR with detachable lens using Leica Lens (but produces by Panasonic) ..

(just a wish) ...

i think no point to upgrade for those users of fz20...maybe for those using fz10 too....
i see the trend that most ppl who got the fz10/20 usually give up the cam to go for dslrs...mainly i guess cos of the poor nite shooting capabilities and noise issues...
for me, being a fz20 user...the most logical upgrade would be the KM's D5D...just my opinion....pay for the additional capabilities and flexibility...

like they say...its not the equipment...its the monkey that pushes the buttons...

Status
Not open for further replies.