Would you stay in Singapore for retirement?

Would you stay in Singapore for retirement?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahbeng

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Singapore is a high cost of living country. Given a chance to migrate, would you stay in Singapore for retirement?

high cost of living country? :bsmilie:

U ain't seeing other countries like Japan, South Korea and other Western Nations yet huh? :bsmilie:

All my friends and family will be here, so why leave?
Even if I have nobody left in Singapore, it's a whole lot of hassle to migrate. Not worth the effort. Have to adjust to new life in another country.

Stay here? You must be kidding me.

Maybe, if got enough savings. Otherwise, see children want to support me and wife or not.

where is/are a low cost and safe place for a chinese in south east asian countries?

You can be cheated terribly in other countries.
It is not so rosy as it looks. Believe only 5% of the hype.
Have your feet on the ground and use your wonderful common sense.

er... stay NO!!... die, YES.:cool:

edfck said:
er... stay NO!!... die, YES.:cool:
Die??? Due to lack of land space, they may have to bury you somewhere or worst, dump your body into the sea to become fish food.

Horsba85 said:
they'll probably just cremate you.

chop the head to build more bridges & buildings.

take the intestines to make your pig intestine soup (technically they look the same, i think feel the same too... sg's fav soup)

take the skin for grafting on other ppl...

extract collagen, placenta, watever...

den left the remains, mince & feed animals... or make into multivitamins.

:devil:

Horsba85 said:
they'll probably just cremate you.
What's wrong with cremation? Actually don't you think it is better than burial?

I prefer the government to cremate my body and scatter my ashes into the sea. I mean, rather than future archaelogists digging up your grave, analysing your bones and worst, disply for public viewing.

When you are alive, you eat the fishes. When you die, fishes eat you. If you think of it in another way, it's quite fair, don't you think?

I will leave the moment I get the chance. Now already so expensive, you think in 30-40 years time, it'll be easier on us? No chance man...

philliptan said:
I will leave the moment I get the chance. Now already so expensive, you think in 30-40 years time, it'll be easier on us? No chance man...
Singapore -> advanced developing country.

To move to any place that has a "cheaper cost of living" = lower standard of living.
To move to any place that has the same, if not higher, standard of living compared to Singapore = higher cost of living.

There's no free lunch out there, my friend. :) Which country is ai pi ai chi?

Given a choice and money, I would like to retire elsewhere. Choice I have, $$ is the most important one and that is what I don have :(

Meanwhile got to settle for what I have now. Singapore:)

Why not? But I would not want to live too long. Probably 70(max) would be a nice age to leave this world after spending all the hard earn saving :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

ricohflex said:
You can be cheated terribly in other countries.
It is not so rosy as it looks. Believe only 5% of the hype.
Have your feet on the ground and use your wonderful common sense.
I think this concern of yours applies everywhere.

Last I understand, everywhere includes Singapore.

Deadpoet said:
I think this concern of yours applies everywhere.

Last I understand, everywhere includes Singapore.
Unfortunately, when ppl think that they wun be cheated terribly, when ppl think that they wun be treated like carrot heads, that's the time when they are MOST VULNERABLE to cheating and chopping. :bsmilie:

A man's most vulnerable position is when he thinks he's in an invulnerable position. :bsmilie:

Ah Pao said:
Singapore -> advanced developing country.

To move to any place that has a "cheaper cost of living" = lower standard of living.
To move to any place that has the same, if not higher, standard of living compared to Singapore = higher cost of living.

There's no free lunch out there, my friend. :) Which country is ai pi ai chi?

i'll go to the country which have tua liap nee... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.