Would you skip lunch and save money for your dream gadget ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
how far will u go against the odds in getting the latest gadget for your hobby ?

:sweat:

1 meal a day...usually late lunch. Saves $.
(but sadly it doesnt do me good for slimming down)
:bsmilie:

If your lunch is about $3 - 5 like at my office area and your dream gadget cost $2000 plus like a D300 for example. You might as well give up that dream gadget...cos by the time you can buy it with what you have saved...it will no longer be the latest. hehe..

Which can be a good thing really. After the buy buy buy bug has time to fester and get cured from your brain, rationale thoughts returns and then you start to really ask yourself if the dream gadget is worth buying or was it a bad idea after all. heheheheh. Credit Card will never give you that "second chance" to reconsider thus I think you end up with more regret after the purchase then you do saving up for it.

1 meal a day...usually late lunch. Saves $.
(but sadly it doesnt do me good for slimming down)
:bsmilie:

Not eating doesn't means you will slim down. In fact, the body will start breaking down muscle tissue ( not fats ) to provide energy to sustain the body. This is because muscle 1) takes up more energy from intake 2) easy to break down then fats.

So not eating is not a good idea really. :confused:

On the topic thou... depends ba, if its really worth it then i dont mind staving for a few days maybe weeks ;)

agree with sammy888.

it takes too long to save up on lunch money to buy a dream gadget. and to risk your health, its not worth it. ;p

i'm trying to but looks like not much have been amassed... :bsmilie:

tell me about it man... before 9am is shockingly expensive!.. $2 surcharge..go under PIE $1.50 go under CTE $4 !!!...$7.50 on top of my $10 ride!....Sheeshshhhh! That's why I gave up taxi ride to office for the last few years unless very important. I don;t know about anyone saving their lunch money for a toy but I know for a fact the saving I get from giving up my daily taxi rides to office, I save a heck of a lot more!. I can buy a new lens in the $500 dollar range a month...even better ones if I save up for just 6 months. But of course I don't lah chey!...I am immune to the buy buy buy bug heeeee...better to spent it on fast women heheh....kidding lah..immuned to fast woman too....heheh...aiya..just save the money lah...already have to write off ever getting back my cpf

i ate prata for 1 month to buy a pair of diamond er-rings for my girlfriend...does that count?

btw, i cant stand prata now

It will count if she is still with you thick and thin and till she marrys you heheh....alot of mine with previous ladies did not count....they left for BIGGER diamond "toys" than I could get them heheh..so I guess they wanted better guys then me who would give up more then just lunch to save for their g/f toys. heheh

Heh, My 2 way cab to and from work, including surcharges averages to around $42 per day.

i ate prata for 1 month to buy a pair of diamond er-rings for my girlfriend...does that count?

btw, i cant stand prata now

wow how much did it cost?

It will count if she is still with you thick and thin and till she marrys you heheh....alot of mine with previous ladies did not count....they left for BIGGER diamond "toys" than I could get them heheh..so I guess they wanted better guys then me who would give up more then just lunch to save for their g/f toys. heheh

They wanted better guys who can have their lunch, buy the girls lunch and yet can still buy the diamonds for them you see.
:think:

Brudde...if you pay that much...you are one of those I think can justify buying a car.

Emm, getting car at least will spend $1.2k per month, including installment, petrol, carparks, insurances, tax & Servicing.

Not forgetting that when you got car, friends can just jio you at 10 plus for quick drinks. Everytime you go out for supper means spending more.

With cabs, max 800 - 1000 per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.