Would you skip lunch and save money for your dream gadget ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually back to the topic.

skipping lunch and saving money is something only my wife would do.

But the point is the things she buy really cannot be saved from skipping lunch. She just do for "show" only.

look pitiful so I will buy for her...... I always ask her how much can she save from skipping lunch.... or she will eat something very little like one dabao for lunch or something....

I will have a simple lunch and spend a longer time to save up.

Since it's dream gadget, it does not really matter to me for time length of 1 or 2 mths.

By the time, the price may drop a little to meet my savings. :)

Today's DSLR prices, you not only have to skip lunch, you'll also have to skip breakfast and dinner.

On top of that, you've to work overtime.

actually back to the topic.

skipping lunch and saving money is something only my wife would do.

But the point is the things she buy really cannot be saved from skipping lunch. She just do for "show" only.

look pitiful so I will buy for her...... I always ask her how much can she save from skipping lunch.... or she will eat something very little like one dabao for lunch or something....

your wife knows ur weakness, thus she target :bsmilie:

I will have a simple lunch and spend a longer time to save up.

Since it's dream gadget, it does not really matter to me for time length of 1 or 2 mths.

By the time, the price may drop a little to meet my savings. :)

At a period of 2 month as you put it you can buy your dream gadget. Say it cost at least 1000.. That means you spend about $17 per lunch. That's a good lunch budget for typical Singapore. heheheheh Someone like that don't need to save on lunch leh heheh

Reading through the posts, I realised I might be in the wrong age group to join Clubsnap (?)... :embrass:

Many years back, I do save money as much as I can if I want to buy my dream gadget. But now, if I want to buy a gadget, I just buy, money is no longer the factor. The evaluation factor is whether the gadget is useful and whether it will improve the quality of life. No point joining the crowd to buy the best gadget and after a few weeks, the dream gadget just sits and collects dust.....

Hang in there, one day you all will earn enough and understand what I'm trying to say... :)

Not trying to show-off or being a snob, but just stating the facts. I started out many years ago as a poor young man earning S$900 fom my first job too.... Work hard, do the right thing and you'll be justly rewarded.

another thing is why so many are spending thousands on a thing that is only used on weekends ?

i buy a good laptop becos i know i need it everyday night and day... but camera ? :think: i buy a car becos i drive everyday.. i buy a bed becos sleep is everyday.

all i can say is PASSION rules.

i'll buy the food and shoot it with whatever i have. dream gadgets? maybe after i've eaten then i'll think about it. :sweat:

it's not practical imo. :think:

Hmm... Don't know about you guys but I will skip meals and save the money to buy other stuff instead. And I did that before.

Problem is, it is quite difficult for me to save money this way. The longest I tried was for 2 months because I was just damn sick and tired of bringing food from home.

I can skip breakfast and have some protein (meaning just meat) for lunch but I need to have my dinner. Yeah it is damn unhealthy but somehow if I eat too much during lunch, I end up being lazy and it really weighs me down.

Guess the idea about skipping meals and saving for a new gadget will really hit me after I graduate and start working.

{Mich} :)

My mantra is "to die on a full stomach".

So screw the dream gadget, I'm havin' my lunch!

when i got my first Nokia handphone (forget the model but it look like a banana..) it feels so great.

now.. that phone is left in the drawer for years.

Frens, this is the truth about technology ! it is a toy, even u made some money from it, u will need to buy a better one in 1-2 years time.

:think:

Hmm... Don't know about you guys but I will skip meals and save the money to buy other stuff instead. And I did that before.

Problem is, it is quite difficult for me to save money this way. The longest I tried was for 2 months because I was just damn sick and tired of bringing food from home.

I can skip breakfast and have some protein (meaning just meat) for lunch but I need to have my dinner. Yeah it is damn unhealthy but somehow if I eat too much during lunch, I end up being lazy and it really weighs me down.

Guess the idea about skipping meals and saving for a new gadget will really hit me after I graduate and start working.

{Mich} :)
i'd rather save on other things than food... the prata thing i did for diamond ear-rings made me a really miserable person.

i guess if you want to save up, it has to be a blanket reduction on your spending. no cab rides, eat cheaper, less movies, no shopping sprees, no clubbing, no more starbucks coffee!

the easiest way to save money is no cabs, clubbing, coffee. cut on these 3 Cs and you can save hundreds a month

how far will u go against the odds in getting the latest gadget for your hobby ?

:sweat:

probably would not go so far ... otherwise no need to eat liao ... ;p:sweatsm:

When I am younger, I would. Now no way as my priority are family and health.

When I am younger, I would. Now no way as my priority are family and health.

i feel that singles will tend to have no qualms in spending becos there is no commitment in their life yet.

when i got my first Nokia handphone (forget the model but it look like a banana..) it feels so great.

now.. that phone is left in the drawer for years.

Frens, this is the truth about technology ! it is a toy, even u made some money from it, u will need to buy a better one in 1-2 years time.

:think:

Oh gosh! You still have the batt and charger for that? If you have, can I buy the set from you?

Status
Not open for further replies.