would you sell your 17-50VC to get the 17-50 without motor?

kodakero12

Dec 1, 2009
For Nikon Mount...Most reviews/ groups say that the first version of Tamron's 17-50 f2.8 is the sharpest over the VC and the built in motor version.

For sharpness sake, would you sell your VC or built in motor version to get the 17-50 without motor?

kodakero12 said:
For Nikon Mount...Most reviews/ groups say that the first version of Tamron's 17-50 f2.8 is the sharpest over the VC and the built in motor version.

For sharpness sake, would you sell your VC or built in motor version to get the 17-50 without motor?

Actually some reviewers say vc version is not as sharp as motor version.

But non-motor version performs the same as motor version in IQ. just that the non motor version focuses faster than the motor version.

Actually some reviewers say vc version is not as sharp as motor version.

But non-motor version performs the same as motor version in IQ. just that the non motor version focuses faster than the motor version.

hey, sorry I'm not very clear about the motor part. can I check, are there 2 non-VC lenses - one with motor and one without? what are the pros/cons for each?

thanks!

Daredevil123 just said it.

The non motor version AF faster with a body that can do it compare to the motor version that can AF on any camera body.

Daredevil123 just said it.

The non motor version AF faster with a body that can do it compare to the motor version that can AF on any camera body.

the current ones sold in shops which are noisy when focusing - they are the motor versions?

non-motor versions have been discontinued some time back, right?

thanks!

if it indeed focuses quieter and faster, i would. my only gripe with the 17-50 is focusing very slow and noisy :(

Don't mind take a look at Sigma 17-50.

I'm using a motorised non-VC version. I don't find it noisy personally. Might not be as quiet as Sigma HSM or Nikon AF-S, but it's no where as noisy as the older generation F/2.8 lens where the front elements rotate with during focusing. I'm using the previous Tokina 28-70mm F/2.8 as example.