Would you risk your life to save a stranger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u were being "stabbed" at work.... :sweat: :think:

If I were forbidden to go there because of the access control list in my camp's computer, then no, I can't help. :bsmilie:

easy for people to say they will help and yada yada.. when you actually see the knife dripping with blood I don't think many people will have the courage to go up and stop him.

all the horse behind canon in the papers.

easy for people to say they will help and yada yada.. when you actually see the knife dripping with blood I don't think many people will have the courage to go up and stop him.

I'm always behind a Canon ;)

hmmm ... for mi , i will oni help if reallie need 2 n if no 1 help.

mi not those active ppl, but i will help. hmmm should be lah hehe

With our limited SAF training, if I think I can disarm and disable the attacker quickly, I will. That said, in that kind of situation, if we "do not know head or tail" then which one to help?

Scarly, we disable the "attacker" only to realise that he was the victim defending himself in a two-way fight. You need at least TWO persons to keep those TWO persons away from each other.

It would be easy in the video to "see" who the victim, so I guess that blue-shirt old man is right in knocking the "weapon" off first. The surprise is how the attacker "relaxed" and sat down. If he was determined, it would have turned ugly.

When everything's over, still must go police station to explain your role, that is, if you did not "injure" either of the parties. Otherwise, more time, and still must explain to wife and parent why we risk our lives. And return to the mockery of our colleague at the office!

Heroes, we do not need heroes!

also, the papers said nobody helped.. but there were 2 uncles who was trying to talk him out of it and waving the helmet trying to stop the guy. that's some effort already.. that guy was like armed with a knife man! How many is trained to remove the knife from him safely?

I really doubt the accuracy of our local papers..

With our limited SAF training, if I think I can disarm and disable the attacker quickly, I will. That said, in that kind of situation, if we "do not know head or tail" then which one to help?

Scarly, we disable the "attacker" only to realise that he was the victim defending himself in a two-way fight. You need at least TWO persons to keep those TWO persons away from each other.

It would be easy in the video to "see" who the victim, so I guess that blue-shirt old man is right in knocking the "weapon" off first. The surprise is how the attacker "relaxed" and sat down. If he was determined, it would have turned ugly.

When everything's over, still must go police station to explain your role, that is, if you did not "injure" either of the parties. Otherwise, more time, and still must explain to wife and parent why we risk our lives. And return to the mockery of our colleague at the office!

Heroes, we do not need heroes!
yes.. sg has a anti-heroism culture inculcated since young.

:bsmilie:
Agreed, that's life.
Recently aft ppl watched the youtube video, they gasped "that's very brave" and life goes on.

If the hero died, ppl gasped "that's tragic" and life moves on

Let 999 take care of it and life still moves on :cool:

also, the papers said nobody helped.. but there were 2 uncles who was trying to talk him out of it and waving the helmet trying to stop the guy. that's some effort already.. that guy was like armed with a knife man! How many is trained to remove the knife from him safely?

It has been proven during May ;)

if its a knife, maybe I may help, but if the man is holding a GUN, I better not dare help the person

we should not give arriving paramedics double d trouble if any of us get seriously injured.

read from a martial arts mag tt such confrontation get more dangerous if d armed (knife / gun / pole?) assailant is not subdued under a minute.
:sweat:

i will rush in to help when the attacker is not looking....then he really be sorry. haaa
RIDER KICK!! lol :nono:

Have they been really accurate? Sometimes, I doubt what the papers publish. Really. :nono: Even the Straits Times. :thumbsd:

I wouldn't in the situation stated. Why?

Firstly I am not trained to disarm a knife wielding guy.
Secondly it is not my problem so why should I step in physically knowing there is a high risk I will get hurt or even killed?
Finally who will pity you when you get badly injured and hospitalised? Who is going to look after my family? Will the govt, the public or the victim spend a single cent to help me? No they won't. So why should I put my life on the line for something that gains no returns?

What I will do is I will be smart, I will shout "The Police is coming" and at the same time call the police. Let those paid to handle it handle it. and not act hero.

I wouldn't in the situation stated. Why?

Firstly I am not trained to disarm a knife wielding guy.
Secondly it is not my problem so why should I step in physically knowing there is a high risk I will get hurt or even killed?
Finally who will pity you when you get badly injured and hospitalized? Who is going to look after my family? Will the govt, the public or the victim spend a single cent to help me? No they won't. So why should I put my life on the line for something that gains no returns?

What I will do is I will be smart, I will shout "The Police is coming" and at the same time call the police. Let those paid to handle it handle it. and not act hero.

Funny how American children are taught from young, to rise to the occasion, to be the one to do it when nobody would, to be the exception.... Notice all those American TV and movies??

Here we are teaching our children the opposite. And I think we do a great job, from the above responses.

What is right? What if right is wrong? Or being wrong is right?

In fact there is a man did. The one with the helmet. respect:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.